Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

INBOUND: Future CUSA Member NMSU Head Football Coaching Position
Bookmark and Share
TexasTerror Offline
1st String

I Root For: SHSU
Exclamation INBOUND: Future CUSA Member NMSU Head Football Coaching Position
NMSU has not even removed their current sitting coach but it certainly seems like the AD is hoping to reunite with his former football coach Jerry Kill, who is currently the interim at TCU. Would be a respectable hire for the Aggies

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2021 06:18 PM by TexasTerror.)
11-23-2021 06:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cardiff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall + Liberty
RE: INBOUND: Future CUSA Member NMSU Head Football Coaching Position
(11-23-2021 06:17 PM)TexasTerror Wrote:  [Jerry Kill] would be a respectable hire for the Aggies
True. And I think that’s a hire that NMSU could not make as an Independent. So if this happens, you’ll know that NMSU’s membership in C-USA is already paying dividends.

But with all that said, any HC is facing a very steep uphill climb at NMSU. Is Jerry Kill the man to get it done? Hmmmm.
11-23-2021 06:34 PM
NMSUIndyAg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NMSU
(11-23-2021 06:34 PM)Cardiff Wrote:  
(11-23-2021 06:17 PM)TexasTerror Wrote:  [Jerry Kill] would be a respectable hire for the Aggies
True. And I think that’s a hire that NMSU could not make as an Independent. So if this happens, you’ll know that NMSU’s membership in C-USA is already paying dividends.

But with all that said, any HC is facing a very steep uphill climb at NMSU. Is Jerry Kill the man to get it done? Hmmmm.

I would love this hire but, you are correct, it won’t matter if they don’t invest more into the program. We need facility upgrades as well as bigger recruiting budgets and money to offer full cost of attendance. Get the last two, and we could be on our way to being a better program, IMO.

GO AGGIES!!!
11-23-2021 08:38 PM
deb025 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Coach Kill would be a home run hire by NMSU. He's been successful everywhere he's coached, and plenty of experience at all levels.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2021 09:30 PM by deb025.)
11-23-2021 09:28 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Does coach Kill have his epilepsy under control. It not being under control was basically what forced him away from the game while at Minnesota.

I personally know what that is like. I had seizures the first 36 years of my life. Had epilepsy surgery in 2007 and 2008 and haven't had a seizure since.

Would be a home run hire for anyone I believe.
11-23-2021 09:35 PM
deb025 Offline
Banned

(11-23-2021 09:35 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  Does coach Kill have his epilepsy under control. It not being under control was basically what forced him away from the game while at Minnesota.

I personally know what that is like. I had seizures the first 36 years of my life. Had epilepsy surgery in 2007 and 2008 and haven't had a seizure since.

There's a recent article about Coach Kill and he talks about that. He knows how to handle his condition better now, and has changed his coaching methods to suit his condition. He's learned to be more of a CEO type coach verse hands on, per the article.

TCU football: Jerry Kill drawing interest from New Mexico St.
11-23-2021 09:44 PM
Advertisement

PredatorUTEP Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP
(11-23-2021 09:35 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  Does coach Kill have his epilepsy under control. It not being under control was basically what forced him away from the game while at Minnesota.

Congratulations on being seizure free. Epilepsy sucks. Coach Kill was always a great story to me. Glad hes getting his under control too.
11-23-2021 09:52 PM
pistolp747 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NMSU
Update: A deal is expected to be reached by Kill and NMSU.
https://footballscoop.com/news/jerry-kil...ordinators

Huge news for NMSU and CUSA.
11-24-2021 10:45 AM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
That's a good get!
11-24-2021 11:01 AM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
What a get that would be. NMSU should get a decent boost in attention for awhile. Maybe they can turn it into success on the field.
11-24-2021 03:48 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

Didn't Jerry Kill have to coach (at Minnesota) from the press box when he got sick?
11-24-2021 08:48 PM
Advertisement

HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-24-2021 08:48 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  Didn't Jerry Kill have to coach (at Minnesota) from the press box when he got sick?

I wouldn't actually call having epilepsy "Being Sick" since its a neurological disorder that affects aprox 65 million people world wide, which includes me. Even though seizure free now I still have epilepsy and a lot of the side effects. Two of the big side effects are still with me. I have trouble keeping my balance all the time and find myself tipping one side or the other at least once a week. I also have Tinnitus (Ringing of the ears). My ears ring constantly, most of the time it's a dull roar I don't even pay attention to.

With all that said, yes he coached from the coaches box his last year in Minnesota. It was for his safety though.
11-24-2021 11:19 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
I've had ringing in my ears my entire life but I've learned to live with it because there's nothing I can do but be very grateful (which I'm sure you are) that your epilepsy is milder. My ringing isn't thunderous like yours though, sometimes it bothers me especially if I get drunk then it's hellish. I don't get drunk anymore though that was during my younger and stupider years...you know...young and dumb and full of Kumala.
11-24-2021 11:55 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-24-2021 11:55 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  I've had ringing in my ears my entire life but I've learned to live with it because there's nothing I can do but be very grateful (which I'm sure you are) that your epilepsy is milder. My ringing isn't thunderous like yours though, sometimes it bothers me especially if I get drunk then it's hellish. I don't get drunk anymore though that was during my younger and stupider years...you know...young and dumb and full of Kumala.

Where Ive had epilepsy my whole life I never drank. I wasn't going to take that risk. And my ringing can be a nightmare sometimes. The 2 things that trigger it the most is the EMS alert that goes out every month on TV, that is if I don't get to the mute button fast enough. And our smoke detectors when they get low. They will go off until you change them. Lucky for that they usually give you a few warnings before that happens.

I don't think Id know what to do if my ears didn't ring. Id think something is wrong.
11-25-2021 01:37 AM
cleburneslim Offline
1st String

I Root For: jax state
Most with epilepsy don't know a seizure is coming on. Those around them recognize it. It probably causes a great scene on the sidelines and so he coached from the box. People don't know how to act when someone is having a seizure.
11-25-2021 05:55 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
(11-25-2021 05:55 PM)cleburneslim Wrote:  Most with epilepsy don't know a seizure is coming on. Those around them recognize it. It probably causes a great scene on the sidelines and so he coached from the box. People don't know how to act when someone is having a seizure.
It's scary, especially if it's someone you like/love and it happens, even more so the first time you witness it. First time my friend seizured (not epileptic) I just rolled him on his side and called 911.
11-25-2021 06:04 PM
Advertisement

HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-25-2021 05:55 PM)cleburneslim Wrote:  Most with epilepsy don't know a seizure is coming on. Those around them recognize it. It probably causes a great scene on the sidelines and so he coached from the box. People don't know how to act when someone is having a seizure.

About 25% don't know a seizure is coming on but 75% have an aura to alert them of a seizure. Mine was that feeling you get when going down on a roller coaster. Ive heard of others getting strange smells, seeing things that wasn't there, really almost anything.

The first time I ever used nitrous oxide (laughing gas) at the dentist was after my 2nd surgery and being seizure free. The 1st few mins scared me to death because the nitrous oxide gave me the same feeling of my aura before a seizure. For the next 40 I had to keep telling myself that I was seizure free.

I really never had anyone freak out if I had a seizure in public, usually because I was with someone that knew how my seizures went. And while in school everyone was aware of my seizures.

From what Ive read some of coach Kill's seizures were quite violent, so him coaching from the box was more of a safety issue for him.
11-25-2021 06:18 PM
SouthernMiss3613 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
Great hire! I hope his epilepsy allows him to coach.

Kill has not been a full-time head coach since 2015, when epileptic seizures rendered him unable to continue. He has remained connected to the game ever since, taking an associate AD role at Kansas State in 2016, then serving as Rutgers' offensive coordinator for part of the 2017 season before epileptic seizures forced him to step away from that job.
11-25-2021 09:02 PM
PredatorUTEP Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP
NMSU has officially let Doug Martin go.
11-27-2021 07:17 PM
TexasTerror Offline
1st String

I Root For: SHSU
He's arrived. Presser this afternoon.

11-29-2021 11:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.