Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gotta love the CAA
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Gotta love the CAA
The League decided over the weekend to make "changes" to its basketball television schedule. Strangely enough, those "changes" involved pulling ever JMU basketball game off of CBS Sports Network.
11-23-2021 03:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
RE: Gotta love the CAA
Vindictive little suckers ain't they?
11-23-2021 03:07 PM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
I’m not sure if they can replace it with SBC stuff yet, but I hope they pull every bit of CAA signage from their athletic facilities.
11-23-2021 03:12 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-23-2021 03:07 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  Vindictive little suckers ain't they?

Because they don't have a contract with CBSSN and simply "buy" air time like many other small FCS leagues do, they get to choose what games are televised, and CBSSN has no say.

They are literally one of only a few leagues that could get away with it.
11-23-2021 03:14 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(11-23-2021 03:02 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  The League decided over the weekend to make "changes" to its basketball television schedule. Strangely enough, those "changes" involved pulling ever JMU basketball game off of CBS Sports Network.

How you show you are petty without saying you are petty. If I was JMU I would pull every decal, sticker, patch of the CAA that I had and then I would ship it to their HQs.
11-23-2021 03:22 PM
WARDAWG93 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM Warhawks
That's some cold blooded stuff right there. Does that affect JMU revenue in any way or is that shared by the league?
11-23-2021 03:26 PM
Advertisement

Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
(11-23-2021 03:22 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(11-23-2021 03:02 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  The League decided over the weekend to make "changes" to its basketball television schedule. Strangely enough, those "changes" involved pulling ever JMU basketball game off of CBS Sports Network.

How you show you are petty without saying you are petty. If I was JMU I would pull every decal, sticker, patch of the CAA that I had and then I would ship it to their HQs.

Agreed. Nothing CAA would be on anything we owned.
11-23-2021 03:35 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
When the Metro Conference left VCU and Virginia Tech behind to form Conference USA, VCU responded by removing all conference and member institution signage (except for themselves and VT) from their athletic facilities. When the Hokies came to Richmond, the mascots held a Metro poster at center court to the raucous boos of the crowd, then ripped it up to their cheers. And while the Metro did them dirty, they also didn't ban them from conference tournaments or TV opportunities.

So I suggest that JMU should scrawl "sux" under all their CAA logos.
11-23-2021 03:53 PM
ODU2K1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
When we left the CAA we took all of the member banners out of The Ted for our last season of play. Granted they were not terribly visible to begin with but the back wall of the Constant Club where they had been was bare.
11-23-2021 06:43 PM
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes
I am going to start a "the CAA Sucks" chant at the UVA game on Dec 7 which will likely be a sellout of 8,500 on national TV...unless somebody beats me to it....
11-23-2021 08:24 PM
Monarch Pride Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bleed Blue!
The treatment is not cool by the CAA, but JMU supported the same treatment for us when we defected.
11-23-2021 08:41 PM
Advertisement

HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

I Root For: Southern Miss
I can at least see a legitimate reason behind this move. If the conference is buying the airtime, why would they want to spend that money showcasing a school that’s headed out the door? That’d be a pretty poor investment.

“Hey check out what we have to offer! Oh, BTW, this school we’re putting over will be gone in a couple months.”

The championships thing, on the other hand, is a punitive, steaming load of bull squeeze.
11-23-2021 09:02 PM
hotrod2001 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Wow...the last time I saw someone that petty they were driving a blue car with STP logos on it.
11-23-2021 09:32 PM
JmuDukes4Life Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: JMU
Gotta love the CAA
(11-23-2021 09:02 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  I can at least see a legitimate reason behind this move. If the conference is buying the airtime, why would they want to spend that money showcasing a school that’s headed out the door? That’d be a pretty poor investment.

“Hey check out what we have to offer! Oh, BTW, this school we’re putting over will be gone in a couple months.”

The championships thing, on the other hand, is a punitive, steaming load of bull squeeze.

The money to purchase the CBS time comes from revenue made from FloSports subscriptions. It has been reported that JMU fans make up in excess of 33% of those subscriptions
11-23-2021 09:40 PM
Monarch Pride Offline
Banned

…eye for an eye.
11-23-2021 09:40 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

I Root For: Southern Miss
(11-23-2021 09:40 PM)JmuDukes4Life Wrote:  
(11-23-2021 09:02 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  I can at least see a legitimate reason behind this move. If the conference is buying the airtime, why would they want to spend that money showcasing a school that’s headed out the door? That’d be a pretty poor investment.

The money to purchase the CBS time comes from revenue made from FloSports subscriptions. It has been reported that JMU fans make up in excess of 33% of those subscriptions

Well, that certainly sucks.
11-23-2021 09:55 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(11-23-2021 09:40 PM)Monarch Pride Wrote:  …eye for an eye.

Makes the whole world blind?
11-23-2021 10:15 PM
Monarch Pride Offline
Banned

(11-23-2021 10:15 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-23-2021 09:40 PM)Monarch Pride Wrote:  …eye for an eye.

Makes the whole world blind?

Argue with the lord on that one.
11-23-2021 11:26 PM
lcitsh Online
1st String

I Root For: sports
No I don't.

What's going to be amusing about this, whatever sports James Madison would have represented very well (hello softball) will now likely be an immediate departure from post season play for CAA.
11-24-2021 12:04 AM
Monarch Pride Offline
Banned

(11-24-2021 12:04 AM)lcitsh Wrote:  No I don't.

What's going to be amusing about this, whatever sports James Madison would have represented very well (hello softball) will now likely be an immediate departure from post season play for CAA.

Do your homework and research what happened to our football team w/Taylor Heinicke as our qb. JMU, cry we a river. Your president did not stand up for the injustice back then that was bestowed upon us. But now you expect the other remaining CAA presidents to stand up for you?!? Why? Help me understand, please. What has changed?
11-24-2021 12:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.