Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

*** Offical Hate Bowl IX Thread: UTSA @ UNT ***
Bookmark and Share
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
*** Offical Hate Bowl IX Thread: UTSA @ UNT ***
It's that time of the season again. The series is tied at 4 wins each. UTSA comes in undefeated and ranked, while UNT is one win away from being bowl eligible. You'll have a hard time finding two other teams in all of college football that dislike each other more then UNT and UTSA. Will there be cheating? I'm sure of it. Will there be controversy? Most likely. Will there be scuffles? Maybe before we even kick it off. One thing is certain... One team will ruin the other team's dreams this Saturday.

On paper UTSA is clearly the favorite. But, the eight year history of this game has proven that in most seasons the records haven't meant much. The game is at UNT, but UTSA has already sold out their allotment of tickets. To have any chance, the Mean Green will have to play their best game of the season.

Get your popcorn and let the hate begin....
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021 06:17 PM by Side.Show.Joe.)
11-21-2021 04:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

owl at the moon Online
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
*** Offical Hate Bowl Thread: UTSA @ UNT ***
With Houston somehow sneaking past UTSA in the coaches poll, the Roadrunners chances at a NY6 bid are fading fast (most likely that will go to the Cincinnati-Houston winner).

Given that sit’ation, Imma gonna have to root for my home boys up at Meen Green HQ. They already “ruined” Rice’s season, but sure would be nice to see most of the teams that did beat us this year (and there were a lot) get bowl eligible.

On the oH, if road runners are feeling fast & frisky they could try to make this a statement game for the committees and voters. Bottom line is NT has improved enough to definitely make a game out of this one and quite possibly pull out the W.

SA has escaped a couple jams, lately, will this be another nail biter?
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021 05:47 PM by owl at the moon.)
11-21-2021 05:25 PM
All4One Offline
Banned

I Root For: Genuine & Unprivileged
RE: *** Offical Hate Bowl Thread: UTSA @ UNT ***
(11-21-2021 05:25 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  With Houston somehow sneaking past UTSA in the coaches poll, the Roadrunners chances at a NY6 bid are fading fast (most likely that will go to the Cincinnati-Houston winner).

Given that sit’ation, Imma gonna have to root for my home boys up at Meen Green HQ. They already “ruined” Rice’s season, but sure would be nice to see all the teams that did beat us this year (and there were a lot) get bowl eligible.

On the oH, if road runners are feeling fast & frisky they could try to make this a statement game for the committees and voters. Bottom line is NT has improved enough to definitely make a game out of this one and quite possibly pull out the W.

UTSA won't go to a NY6 Bowl. The schedule wouldn't validate it. If Houston somehow beats Cincinnati in the AAC Championship game, then Houston would leap over UTSA and deservedly so. Houston would earn the NY6 Access spot, but Cincy, who would still be ranked higher, could still receive an at-large bid.

Regardless, UTSA will roll here. There's no justifiable reason why UTSA couldn't beat North Texas by four touchdowns.
11-21-2021 05:39 PM
rtist Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NMSU & UAA
(11-21-2021 05:39 PM)All4One Wrote:  
(11-21-2021 05:25 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  With Houston somehow sneaking past UTSA in the coaches poll, the Roadrunners chances at a NY6 bid are fading fast (most likely that will go to the Cincinnati-Houston winner).

Given that sit’ation, Imma gonna have to root for my home boys up at Meen Green HQ. They already “ruined” Rice’s season, but sure would be nice to see all the teams that did beat us this year (and there were a lot) get bowl eligible.

UTSA won't go to a NY6 Bowl. The schedule wouldn't validate it. If Houston somehow beats Cincinnati in the AAC Championship game, then Houston would leap over UTSA and deservedly so. Houston would earn the NY6 Access spot, but Cincy, who would still be ranked higher, could still receive an at-large bid.

Regardless, UTSA will roll here. There's no justifiable reason why UTSA couldn't beat North Texas by four touchdowns.

You could say the same of UTSA's game against UAB, and that turned into a hot mess.

North Texas is fighting for bowl eligibility here. You can bet that they will fight tooth and nail for this game because of that. Will it be enough? Probably not, but the Mean Green have every reason to go all out in this game.
11-21-2021 05:46 PM
All4One Offline
Banned

I Root For: Genuine & Unprivileged
(11-21-2021 05:46 PM)rtist Wrote:  

You could say the same of UTSA's game against UAB, and that turned into a hot mess.

North Texas is fighting for bowl eligibility here. You can bet that they will fight tooth and nail for this game because of that. Will it be enough? Probably not, but the Mean Green have every reason to go all out in this game.

UAB beat the dogsnot out of North Texas this season. North Texas is not at the same level as the upper teams of that West Division.
11-21-2021 05:56 PM
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.

No, you can't say the same of our game against UAB. Hardly anyone thought we'd blow out UAB. Most of our own fans felt that game would be a nail biter. No one saw our struggle against USM coming, so maybe you referring to that? We were only favored by about 4 though against UAB.

That said, I see no reason why our game against UNT should be a blowout. UNT is playing much better right now than they did earlier in the season, and have in fact won 4 consecutive games now in trying to become bowl-eligible. They've also won each of the last 3 times we've played them in Denton.

Yes, we're ranked and undefeated, but our team and our fans are quickly finding out how difficult it can be to win games when you have a bullseye on your back every week as we do right now. Being undefeated this late in the season is hard as hell, regardless of whom you're playing. There's a reason there are only three of us left, as everyone wants to be the one to knock you off.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021 06:04 PM by Volkmar.)
11-21-2021 05:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jarmzet Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTSA
RE: *** Offical Hate Bowl IX Thread: UTSA @ UNT ***
I think UTSA is a little banged up at some key positions (maybe all teams are like that this time of the year). I could easily see UNT win.
11-21-2021 06:31 PM
correcamino Offline
1st String

(11-21-2021 04:36 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  You'll have a hard time finding two other teams in all of college football that dislike each other more then UNT and UTSA.

*more than

smh at that UNT band teacher education
11-21-2021 06:40 PM
Digi368 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Runners
(11-21-2021 06:31 PM)jarmzet Wrote:  I think UTSA is a little banged up at some key positions (maybe all teams are like that this time of the year). I could easily see UNT win.

We haven't had our full starting lineup on the oline all season. Have also been missing our spell RB for most of season and our projected NFL rd 1-3 lockdown corner for several games.

Regardless, UTSA is a road team. UNT is gonna get smoked. 05-mafia
11-21-2021 06:50 PM
Volkmar Offline
All American

(11-21-2021 05:56 PM)All4One Wrote:  

UAB beat the dogsnot out of North Texas this season. North Texas is not at the same level as the upper teams of that West Division.

Doesn't matter. UNT may not be at the same level as the upper teams of the West, but neither is Rice, and Rice beat UAB.

The key thing about football is this... Someone may not be at the same level of this or that team for the course of an entire season, but you'd better believe they can be for one game. Almost anyone can beat anyone on any given day. It's why you play the game, and again, why it's so hard to remain undefeated for a good length of time, because everyone's gunning for you.
11-21-2021 06:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
Imo when two teams hate each other more than any other rivalry it's reflected in the attendance. Looking back it doesn't seem like UTSA is ever UNT's best attendance and vice versa. Not even close.
11-21-2021 06:53 PM
Advertisement

Fear The Beak 2 Offline
Bench Warmer

This is the ultimate trap game (yes, way-overused term, but applies in this case) for UTSA. Coming off a thrilling, emotional, last-second win over UAB and hosting the championship game next week, it will be hard for the boys to focus on UNT. And UNT is double-motivated, needing a win to be bowl eligible and trying to be the only team to knock of #15 UTSA.

I think this one is close throughout, with UTSA hopefully pulling away in the fourth.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021 07:16 PM by Fear The Beak 2.)
11-21-2021 07:15 PM
Volkmar Offline
All American

(11-21-2021 07:15 PM)Fear The Beak 2 Wrote:  This is the ultimate trap game (yes, way-overused term, but applies in this case) for UTSA. Coming off a thrilling, emotional, last-second win over UAB and hosting the championship game next week, it will be hard for the boys to focus on UNT. And UNT is double-motivated, needing a win to be bowl eligible and trying to be the only team to knock of #15 UTSA.

I think this one is close throughout, with UTSA hopefully pulling away in the fourth.

I could be wrong, because I'm certainly not in the heads of our players to know what they're thinking, but it's possible that you may be underestimating the desire of our boys to keep their undefeated season going. Every game we play right now is history in the making, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a strong desire to finish undefeated, not to mention maintain a ranking, as any potential loss would knock us right out.

We're both fighting for something that seemed almost unreachable early on. UNT started the season 1-6, and probably didn't think they'd have a shot to qualify for a bowl at the end of the season. I'm sure almost no one on our team thought we'd go into this last game with a chance to finish 12-0 for the regular season either.
11-21-2021 07:56 PM
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

(11-21-2021 06:40 PM)correcamino Wrote:  
(11-21-2021 04:36 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  You'll have a hard time finding two other teams in all of college football that dislike each other more then UNT and UTSA.

*more than

smh at that UNT band teacher education

We could always discuss UTSA's school of engineering. 05-stirthepot

11-21-2021 09:14 PM
Digi368 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Runners
I think its a good time to bring up this classic logo. For some reason, UNT fans are the only ones who don't see a flying *****. They proudly wear tshirt and hats with this wang and get pumped up when their team is wearing it.

11-21-2021 10:09 PM
UNT15 Offline
Special Teams

Remember the Alamo! Remember 2013!
11-21-2021 10:59 PM
Advertisement

UTSA_Alum Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Underdogs
North Texas makes me sad. Hate bowl? .... Cringe
11-21-2021 11:14 PM
UTSA_Alum Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Underdogs
Still hate they they invited band instructor u to the AAC. Seriously NOBODY in the DFW cares about that school. The mean green!?!?! Your mascot is a former player? How does that even make sense.
11-21-2021 11:18 PM
Volkmar Offline
All American

(11-21-2021 11:18 PM)UTSA_Alum Wrote:  Still hate they they invited band instructor u to the AAC. Seriously NOBODY in the DFW cares about that school. The mean green!?!?! Your mascot is a former player? How does that even make sense.

The name "Mean Green" was adopted by fans and media in 1966 for the UNT football defensive squad that finished the year ranked 2nd in the country against the run. Joe Greene was a sophomore on that team, playing left defensive tackle, and competing in track & field in discus. The nickname "Mean Joe Greene" caught on during his first year with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1969 when Pittsburgh fans wrongly assumed that "Mean Green" was derived from a nickname Joe Greene had inherited while at UNT.
11-22-2021 02:10 AM
NorthTexan95 Offline
Special Teams

(11-21-2021 04:36 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  It's that time of the season again. The series is tied at 4 wins each. UTSA comes in undefeated and ranked, while UNT is one win away from being bowl eligible. You'll have a hard time finding two other teams in all of college football that dislike each other more then UNT and UTSA. Will there be cheating? I'm sure of it. Will there be controversy? Most likely. Will there be scuffles? Maybe before we even kick it off. One thing is certain... One team will ruin the other team's dreams this Saturday.

On paper UTSA is clearly the favorite. But, the eight year history of this game has proven that in most seasons the records haven't meant much. The game is at UNT, but UTSA has already sold out their allotment of tickets. To have any chance, the Mean Green will have to play their best game of the season.

Get your popcorn and let the hate begin....

Hate? Really? I mean ... I know a few that try to manufacture a rivalry between UTSA and UNT but it's not a real rivalry built through the years of tough games.
11-22-2021 08:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.