UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Never thought I would see the day...
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I've been watching the Southern Miss v La Tech game tonight and have found myself actively rooting for Southern Miss.

First, they are playing Tech, so that's part of it. The main thing though is watching them have success with their makeshift janky RB as a QB offense. It's been fun to watch. Frank Gore has two TD's passing including a beautiful 40 yard bomb, and another TD rushing. He has USM leading 21-9 at the half.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2021 09:50 PM by BlazerMatt.)
11-19-2021 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

linus Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: Never thought I would see the day...
I’m doing the same thing and being happy Southern didn’t install this offense before they played us
11-19-2021 09:56 PM
Grammar-Nazi Offline
Grammar police

I Root For: UAB

Folding@NCAAbbs
Any time La Tech suffers, the world wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-19-2021 10:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

linus Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Gotta be embarrassing for the 2500 or so folks in attendance. Wonder if Skip Holtz survives this?
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2021 11:24 PM by linus.)
11-19-2021 11:23 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
That was just a fun game to watch.

3 TD passes from non-QBs for USM. Two blocked field goals. USM defensive lineman tips a pass to himself for an INT and returns it for a TD to ice the game. USM blows out Tech 35-19.

Low key fun moment was Smoke Harris dancing on the field after a play and talking trash to USM players despite being down 3 scores in the 4th. It was like a perfect representation of the La Tech experience.
11-19-2021 11:25 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Quote:Low key fun moment was Smoke Harris dancing on the field after a play and talking trash to USM players despite being down 3 scores in the 4th. It was like a perfect representation of the La Tech experience.

This.

Reinforces what I saw when they were in the Ham. I wonder how many times they pissed in the trash can?
11-20-2021 08:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pavy78 Online
Special Teams

(11-19-2021 11:25 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  That was just a fun game to watch.

3 TD passes from non-QBs for USM. Two blocked field goals. USM defensive lineman tips a pass to himself for an INT and returns it for a TD to ice the game. USM blows out Tech 35-19.

Low key fun moment was Smoke Harris dancing on the field after a play and talking trash to USM players despite being down 3 scores in the 4th. It was like a perfect representation of the La Tech experience.

Ha. I noticed the same and thought "well, that explains 3-7 if coaches allow that to happen."
Also, I can't help but grin a little every time I see a blocked FG with LaTech involved. 04-cheers
11-20-2021 08:30 AM
Advertisement

GreenGiant67 Offline
never any doubt

I Root For: the UAB Blazers
That game was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-20-2021 09:58 AM
Steel Dragon Offline
2nd String

(11-19-2021 09:50 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  I've been watching the Southern Miss v La Tech game tonight and have found myself actively rooting for Southern Miss.

First, they are playing Tech, so that's part of it. The main thing though is watching them have success with their makeshift janky RB as a QB offense. It's been fun to watch. Frank Gore has two TD's passing including a beautiful 40 yard bomb, and another TD rushing. He has USM leading 21-9 at the half.

I have to admit I was doing the same. Funny because you’re the same guy that almost ran out of gas because you wouldn’t get it in Hattiesburg. Great story
11-20-2021 10:27 AM
Advertisement

GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

...I'll root for any conference team over LaTech...

...otherwise, most games between two conference mates I am pretty 'neutral' about, unless of course it benefits us for one to lose... ...and I also typically favor the West (sans La Tech) over the East, but that's not really a big deal overall...
11-20-2021 11:49 AM
blazerblazer Offline
1st String

Think we see will some plays in a wildcat formation with Brown Jr., Debo, or Stanley today?
11-20-2021 12:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.