Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SBC scheduling for football basketball and baseball
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
SBC scheduling for football basketball and baseball
First of all in a conference of 14 (or possibly 16 in non football sports) I firmly believe we need to schedule to have everyone play everybody else as often as possible. So cross division games should be rotated EVERY year.

Football: 6 division games ( 3 home and 3 away) and 2 cross over games (1 home and 1 away). Rotate the 2 crossover games every year so everyone plays every other team every 3-4 years

Basketball assuming UTA and Little Rock are here:14 division games (7 home and 7 away) and 4 crossover games ( 2 at home and 2 away). Rotate the 4 crossover games every year so everyone plays every other team every 2 years

Baseball assuming UTA and Little Rock are here: 21 division games (7 3-game series) with 3 or 4 at home and 3 or 4 on road that will alternate each year. Most conferences won t play over 30 conference games so go with that—so 3 cross over series each year. For the teams that have 3 home/4 away in division they get 2 crossover series at home and 1 away. For those that have 4 division at home and 3 away they get 2 crossover on the road and 1 at home. Rotate the cross over series every year so within 3 years you play everyone in the other division
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2021 12:36 PM by GaSoEagle.)
11-16-2021 12:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bobcats30 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Texas State
RE: SBC scheduling for football basketball and baseball
(11-16-2021 12:34 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  First of all in a conference of 14 (or possibly 16 in non football sports) I firmly believe we need to schedule to have everyone play everybody else as often as possible. So cross division games should be rotated EVERY year.

Football: 6 division games ( 3 home and 3 away) and 2 cross over games (1 home and 1 away). Rotate the 2 crossover games every year so everyone plays every other team every 3-4 years

Basketball assuming UTA and Little Rock are here:14 division games (7 home and 7 away) and 4 crossover games ( 2 at home and 2 away). Rotate the 4 crossover games every year so everyone plays every other team every 2 years

Baseball assuming UTA and Little Rock are here: 21 division games (7 3-game series) with 3 or 4 at home and 3 or 4 on road that will alternate each year. Most conferences won t play over 30 conference games so go with that—so 3 cross over series each year. For the teams that have 3 home/4 away in division they get 2 crossover series at home and 1 away. For those that have 4 division at home and 3 away they get 2 crossover on the road and 1 at home. Rotate the cross over series every year so within 3 years you play everyone in the other division

Football: Yes

Basketball: No to divisions. Only 4 D1 conference do divisions (ASUN, Big South, C-USA & SWAC).

Baseball: I'd consider doing what the SEC does and have 6 divisional series and 4 crossover series (rotating every year). Would be able to play everybody from the other division once in a 2-year span.
11-16-2021 01:05 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
RE: SBC scheduling for football basketball and baseball
I would be surprised if we don t have divisions in basketball. The 6\4 setup in baseball means you would skip 1 division team each year. I don t see teams supporting that
11-16-2021 01:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.