11-15-2021 04:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
RE: AAC Championship scenarios
cincy hasnt clinched but that article isnt correct,

i think that article is referencing the old tiebreaker rules.. last year the Tiebreaker rules were changed to ensure the aac gets the best possible team in the NY6.

in a 3 way tie: ecu and smu having wins over Cincy would eliminate cincy in the old rules...the new rules states head to head only matters if it was a true round-robin.. smu and ecu never played.. so it automatically goes to cfp rankings, then bcs computer rankings

so their head to head in the 3way doesn't matter

but note if there is a 3 way tie with the new rules smu would advance...(can even just be a 2way with smu)
cfp poll comes out on Tuesday, the CCG needs to be decided before then...there is a rule that if you are ranked the week BEFORE the final week, if you win and the team you are tied with losses, the team that is ranked and wins automatically qualifies

9-2 smu who would have just beaten cincy "should be ranked" ..if the committee just hates smu and doesnt rank a 9-2 smu.. cincy "likely" advances as the bcs computers will decide and will likely have cincy ranked the highest

ecus only path is a 2 way tie not a 3way tie...smu and ecu both beat cincy, but then smu also losses to tulsa... ecu clinches on head to head with cincy
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021 10:26 PM by pesik.)
11-15-2021 04:51 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
(11-15-2021 04:51 PM)pesik Wrote:  cincy hasnt clinched but that article isnt correct,

i think that article is referencing the old tiebreaker rules.. last year the Tiebreaker rules were changed to ensure the aac gets the best possible team in the NY6.

in a 3 way tie: ecu and smu having wins over Cincy would eliminate cincy in the old rules...the new rules states head to head only matters if it was a true round-robin.. smu and ecu never played.. so it automatically goes to cfp rankings, then bcs computer rankings

but note if there is a 3 way tie with the new rules smu would advance...(can even just be a 2way with smu)
cfp poll comes out on Tuesday, the CCG needs to be decided before then...there is a rule that if you are ranked the week BEFORE the final week, if you win and the team you are tied with losses, the team that is ranked and wins automatically qualifies

9-2 smu who would have just beaten cincy "should be ranked" ..if the committee just hates smu and doesnt rank a 9-2 smu.. cincy "likely" advances as the bcs computers will decide and will likely have cincy ranked the highest

ecus only path is a 2 way tie not a 3way tie...smu and ecu both beat cincy, but them smu also losses to tulsa... ecu clinches on head to head with cincy

Are CFP rankings seriously an official tiebreaker for our conference?
11-15-2021 05:04 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(11-15-2021 05:04 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  
(11-15-2021 04:51 PM)pesik Wrote:  cincy hasnt clinched but that article isnt correct,

ecus only path is a 2 way tie not a 3way tie...smu and ecu both beat cincy, but them smu also losses to tulsa... ecu clinches on head to head with cincy

as of last year, yes
11-15-2021 05:06 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(11-15-2021 05:04 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  

Of course they are. Getting the access bowl is big money.
11-15-2021 05:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
03-lmfao

Its going to be Cincy vs Houston.
11-15-2021 05:34 PM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Can you just let us play our games first?
11-15-2021 05:58 PM
Red Dragon Coog Offline
Banned

(11-15-2021 05:58 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Can you just let us play our games first?

Yall shoulda clinched it already.
11-15-2021 06:01 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(11-15-2021 06:01 PM)Red Dragon Coog Wrote:  
(11-15-2021 05:58 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Can you just let us play our games first?

Wait, what?

Houston having some lead in water issues or just this guy?
11-15-2021 06:36 PM
Red Dragon Coog Offline
Banned

(11-15-2021 06:36 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

Wait, what?

Water contaminated with lead is still better than the stuff that flows in Memphis.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021 07:27 PM by Red Dragon Coog.)
11-15-2021 07:25 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
AAC Championship scenarios
(11-15-2021 06:36 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

Wait, what?

He’s right.

Cincinnati would have already clinched the conference AND the CFP if they hadn’t let USF hang around so long.

And played SMU in August instead of pro crast innatin.
11-15-2021 09:59 PM
Advertisement

B easy Offline
1st String

The real question, is there a scenario whereby ECU could possibly make the access bowl?
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021 10:12 PM by B easy.)
11-15-2021 10:10 PM
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

(11-15-2021 10:10 PM)B easy Wrote:  

The real question, is there a scenario whereby ECU could possibly make the access bowl?

Yes, fairly simple really. Nevada wins the MWC, Ga St wins the Sun Belt & Marshall wins C-USA. If that happens and ECU finishes 9-4 with a win over a top 5 Cincy & then @ a top 25 UH in the AAC championship game then ECU sneaks into the final CFP rankings as one of the hottest teams in the country at #24. ECU would then square off against #5 Bama in the Sugar Bowl down in NOLA. Win that and the Pirates finish top 15 in all polls.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021 10:25 PM by Indiana Bones.)
11-15-2021 10:24 PM
B easy Offline
1st String

(11-15-2021 10:24 PM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  
(11-15-2021 10:10 PM)B easy Wrote:  

Yes, fairly simple really. Nevada wins the MWC, Ga St wins the Sun Belt & Marshall wins C-USA. If that happens and ECU finishes 9-4 with a win over a top 5 Cincy & then @ a top 25 UH in the AAC championship game then ECU sneaks into the final CFP rankings as one of the hottest teams in the country at #24. ECU would then square off against #5 Bama in the Sugar Bowl down in NOLA. Win that and the Pirates finish top 15 in all polls.

Guess Cincy dashed our NY6 dreams tonight. Payback'$ a bi+ch!
11-20-2021 09:29 PM
Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

I Root For: bearcats
(11-15-2021 05:34 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  03-lmfao

Cincinnati in December should be interesting.
11-20-2021 09:57 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
AAC Championship scenarios
(11-20-2021 09:57 PM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  

Sounds Chili.
Or rather, chilly!
11-20-2021 10:12 PM
Advertisement

Coog Engineer Offline
1st String

I Root For: GO COOGS!
(11-20-2021 10:12 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  

Sounds Chili.
Or rather, chilly!

On spaghetti. 03-puke 02-13-banana
11-20-2021 10:20 PM
maccoog Offline
1st String

Playing at Nippert Stadium is always tough. With the cold weather, the Nip will be hard.
11-20-2021 10:24 PM
sfink16 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
Not to be a spoiler, but doesn't ECU win the AAC if they win out, beating UC and then Houston in the championship game? Of course, if that would happen, the AAC not only losses the playoff bid but loses the Access Bowl as well. Did I get that right?
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2021 10:36 PM by sfink16.)
11-20-2021 10:36 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(11-20-2021 10:36 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  Not to be a spoiler, but doesn't ECU win the AAC if they win out, beating UC and then Houston in the championship game? Of course, if that would happen, the AAC not only losses the playoff bid but loses the Access Bowl as well. Did I get that right?

No. Houston will play Cincinnati. All ecu can do is determine where
11-20-2021 10:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.