Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Butch Davis Dumps on FIU
Bookmark and Share
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
OT: Butch Davis Dumps on FIU

Woof…not a great look for FIU
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021 11:03 AM by SkullyMaroo.)
11-15-2021 10:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
RE: OT: Butch Davis Dumps on FIU
unis are 9 years old? borrowed shoulder pads?

wow.....
11-15-2021 10:23 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
FIU: BuT wHy HaVe We BeEn LeFt BeHiNd By FaU??
11-15-2021 10:23 AM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
Sheesh didn't know things were that bad down there.
11-15-2021 10:28 AM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
(11-15-2021 10:28 AM)12thmonarch Wrote:  Sheesh didn't know things were that bad down there.

I'm not surprised. They should not be an FBS program. Never should've moved up. There was no part of that program or administration that was prepared.
11-15-2021 10:48 AM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
I feel bad for the actual FIU supporters who have to deal with administration's like that. It sort of reminds me what previous administration at ULM did.
11-15-2021 10:51 AM
Advertisement

RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
More fuel to the fire

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021 11:18 AM by SkullyMaroo.)
11-15-2021 11:04 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

Who's had worse leadership over the last decade...La Tech or FIU?
11-15-2021 11:09 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Wow.. And they say USM is cash strapped.
11-15-2021 11:13 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
OK . . . so things could be worse . . . We could be FIU
11-15-2021 11:26 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
If its that bad why do you pretend to care. Their best bet would be to drop football altogether, move to the ASun and dump all their money into basketball and soccer. Dominate the ASun in those 2 sports and get your visibility that way.

Ive seen better peewee programs in WV run better than FIU if they have to use 9 year old uniforms and used shoulder pads from another program. I would think that uniforms and shoulder pads would be considered basic maintenance of the program just like replacing the turf.
11-15-2021 11:35 AM
Advertisement

ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
From one of ours after the ODU-FIU game:

(11-07-2021 12:26 PM)RoanokeMonarch Wrote:  In the airport in Fort Lauderdale, headed home.
Well worth the trip down to watch our Monarchs. The game was very funky, with lots of highs and lows. But a win feels great.
Their crowd was, my guess, less than 1,000. Or maybe a few more. Why would anyone want to play at a school like this, with very little fan support.
Their stadium is filthy. We should be very proud of our new stadium. But, even with Foreman Field, it was clean. This place was dirty, mold on seats, rust everywhere, gum on seats, just nasty. Why would anyone want to attend if you can’t be in a clean and comfortable environment?
Our radio staff was in a very small hut above the field on the visitors side. Poor accommodations for the visiting team crew.
Their Singleton is a stud. Why he is at FIU, no clue. He is definitely a Power 5 caliber player.
We probably had 50 to 75 fans here, maybe 100. Folks sat in different areas, hard to gauge.
Go Monarchs!04-cheers
11-15-2021 11:36 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Imagine being their fans, alumni or football alumni. Unbelievable. But remember they did plop a shipping container on top of their stadium as a press box.
11-15-2021 11:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2021 10:48 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(11-15-2021 10:28 AM)12thmonarch Wrote:  Sheesh didn't know things were that bad down there.

I'm not surprised. They should not be an FBS program. Never should've moved up. There was no part of that program or administration that was prepared.

I am sure there is some hyperbole sprinkled into the comments from Butch but boy if they are using shoulder pads from other programs one has to wonder what other god awful cost cutting measures were taken behind the scenes that no one else besides the program will know. 03-banghead
11-15-2021 11:43 AM
panama Offline
Legend

(11-15-2021 11:43 AM)12thmonarch Wrote:  

I am sure there is some hyperbole sprinkled into the comments from Butch but boy if they are using shoulder pads from other programs one has to wonder what other god awful cost cutting measures were taken behind the scenes that no one else besides the program will know. 03-banghead
I dont think its hyperbole. There have been cracks in the foundation for years.
11-15-2021 11:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

Wow just wow
11-15-2021 11:47 AM
Advertisement

statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
CUSA should kick their football out. They made a deal to improve facilities and haven't done one thing since they've been there. This is not a good looking for a conference that has already hit rock bottom. They would be at the minimum 8 teams to stay FBS. They can add 2 more down the road.
11-15-2021 11:49 AM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2021 11:36 AM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  From one of ours after the ODU-FIU game:

(11-07-2021 12:26 PM)RoanokeMonarch Wrote:  In the airport in Fort Lauderdale, headed home.
Well worth the trip down to watch our Monarchs. The game was very funky, with lots of highs and lows. But a win feels great.
Their crowd was, my guess, less than 1,000. Or maybe a few more. Why would anyone want to play at a school like this, with very little fan support.
Their stadium is filthy. We should be very proud of our new stadium. But, even with Foreman Field, it was clean. This place was dirty, mold on seats, rust everywhere, gum on seats, just nasty. Why would anyone want to attend if you can’t be in a clean and comfortable environment?
Our radio staff was in a very small hut above the field on the visitors side. Poor accommodations for the visiting team crew.
Their Singleton is a stud. Why he is at FIU, no clue. He is definitely a Power 5 caliber player.
We probably had 50 to 75 fans here, maybe 100. Folks sat in different areas, hard to gauge.
Go Monarchs!04-cheers

They are probably using the Hurricane season in Miami to circumvent pressure washing the stadium to save some money. Truly insane story and to think this is happening at a large bodied educational institution in the state known for Football talent is just mind boggling.
11-15-2021 11:51 AM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2021 11:46 AM)panama Wrote:  
(11-15-2021 11:43 AM)12thmonarch Wrote:  

I dont think its hyperbole. There have been cracks in the foundation for years.

Looks like this is all coming out after their AD and now their HC wanting out. I am sure we will see more on this once the flood gates are open.
11-15-2021 11:52 AM
panama Offline
Legend

(11-15-2021 11:49 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  CUSA should kick their football out. They made a deal to improve facilities and haven't done one thing since they've been there. This is not a good looking for a conference that has already hit rock bottom. They would be at the minimum 8 teams to stay FBS. They can add 2 more down the road.

Its obvious their adminstration has zero committment to football. Their university operating budget is $1.6B. Unbelievable.
11-15-2021 11:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.