Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

App State @ Troy
Bookmark and Share
AtlantaApp Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Appalachian Sta
App State @ Troy
I’m headed down to Troy next Saturday and look forward to the game and seeing the new end zone facility.
11-14-2021 12:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
RE: App State @ Troy
I'm looking forward to App State getting Chip Lindsey fired.
11-14-2021 11:53 PM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
(11-14-2021 12:09 AM)AtlantaApp Wrote:  I’m headed down to Troy next Saturday and look forward to the game and seeing the new end zone facility.

Hope you enjoy your time in Troy and your guys win. 04-cheers
11-15-2021 12:25 AM
TrojansOneandAll Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Troy
(11-14-2021 12:09 AM)AtlantaApp Wrote:  I’m headed down to Troy next Saturday and look forward to the game and seeing the new end zone facility.

(11-14-2021 11:53 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  I'm looking forward to App State getting Chip Lindsey fired.

THIS!
11-15-2021 01:37 AM
Crawlspace Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Troy
(11-15-2021 01:37 AM)TrojansOneandAll Wrote:  

(11-14-2021 11:53 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  I'm looking forward to App State getting Chip Lindsey fired.

THIS!

Ditto for emphasis!
11-15-2021 01:52 AM
balanced_view Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
You Troy fans are hard on Ole Chip. During the Louisiana game broadcast I heard your guys say Chip's team might not always score, but he is excellent at play calling to get the team in scoring position. That has to count for something right?
11-15-2021 08:20 AM
Advertisement

ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
I see a similar game to last week. Not sure I trust App to play really well on offense on the road but if you can turn the ball over 4 times and still win 31-7 it's not a terrible day. Look forward to a clean game on Saturday.

Not sure if Troy people still feel the same way but I still see this as the rivalry that bubbled when Brown was there.
11-15-2021 08:22 AM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2021 08:20 AM)balanced_view Wrote:  You Troy fans are hard on Ole Chip. During the Louisiana game broadcast I heard your guys say Chip's team might not always score, but he is excellent at play calling to get the team in scoring position. That has to count for something right?

Recruiting is a part of it. From what I can tell, Troy is missing a QB and receivers. They have a good enough offensive line and running back group.
11-15-2021 08:41 AM
hotrod2001 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(11-15-2021 12:25 AM)Troy_Fan_15 Wrote:  

Hope you enjoy your time in Troy and your guys win. 04-cheers

That's the spirit!

I'd never count the Trojans out though, they've had App's number more than once.
11-15-2021 09:04 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

App must stop turning the ball over. 104th in turnovers lost, that is the worst stat of the year. I can't remember this many turnovers ever.

Thank goodness for five defensive TDs though.
11-15-2021 10:26 AM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I've wanted Chip fired from the moment he was hired. I knew the moment they hired him he was a mistake. Why on earth our admin thought hiring a recently released Auburn offensive coordinator from an already embattled Auburn head coach (Gus Malzahn) is beyond me. It became even more clear during the first Spring workouts with the team that the same energy wasn't there in the team as was there with Neal Brown. You could see it in the social media content they posted. Hoping beyond hope our admin pulls the plug on Chip soon.
11-15-2021 11:27 AM
Advertisement

T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

(11-15-2021 08:20 AM)balanced_view Wrote:  You Troy fans are hard on Ole Chip. During the Louisiana game broadcast I heard your guys say Chip's team might not always score, but he is excellent at play calling to get the team in scoring position. That has to count for something right?

One underrated thing App is good at is not letting teams score touchdowns from scoring positions.

Troy's defense looks much improved from the last two years. The last two times App played Troy, I though Troy's defense was the slowest in the league. Absolutely no second-level speed.
11-15-2021 11:36 AM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

(11-15-2021 08:22 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  I see a similar game to last week. Not sure I trust App to play really well on offense on the road but if you can turn the ball over 4 times and still win 31-7 it's not a terrible day. Look forward to a clean game on Saturday.

Not sure if Troy people still feel the same way but I still see this as the rivalry that bubbled when Brown was there.

I still see it that way... for now. It's going to lose its luster if we keep Lindsey around and keep losing though.
11-15-2021 11:49 AM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
(11-15-2021 11:49 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(11-15-2021 08:22 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  I see a similar game to last week. Not sure I trust App to play really well on offense on the road but if you can turn the ball over 4 times and still win 31-7 it's not a terrible day. Look forward to a clean game on Saturday.

I still see it that way... for now. It's going to lose its luster if we keep Lindsey around and keep losing though.

Troy is 1-5 against App State since you guys joined the SBC. 03-puke

2015 and 2016 made me think that this could become a rivalry. We lost by 11 in 2018 but I still felt good about the direction of this series. Chip Dip is 0-2 against App and neither game has been a competition and killed the momentum of the series.

Shame. I enjoy(ish) the App State - Troy game.
11-15-2021 12:06 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2021 12:06 PM)Troy_Fan_15 Wrote:  
(11-15-2021 11:49 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

Troy is 1-5 against App State since you guys joined the SBC. 03-puke

2015 and 2016 made me think that this could become a rivalry. We lost by 11 in 2018 but I still felt good about the direction of this series. Chip Dip is 0-2 against App and neither game has been a competition and killed the momentum of the series.

Shame. I enjoy(ish) the App State - Troy game.

From a fan standpoint, because App has won so much, even teams who have a history of making games close are a rivalry, in a sense. That one win was very big.
11-15-2021 12:13 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

One thing I can say with confidence, Steven Jones Jr. (son of Henry Jones Jr, son of Henry Jones, alias Dr. Jones) is the best bubble screen corner back in the Sun Belt conference by far. He has a pick 6, a few pass breakups, a few TFL's, and straight up drove a Miami receiver backward and made a tackle on the inside of the blocker.

Never thought I'd say this but the defense has been playing better with Cone and Jones at corner than they were with Jolly and Jones.
11-15-2021 01:42 PM
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(11-15-2021 01:42 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  One thing I can say with confidence, Steven Jones Jr. (son of Henry Jones Jr, son of Henry Jones, alias Dr. Jones) is the best bubble screen corner back in the Sun Belt conference by far. He has a pick 6, a few pass breakups, a few TFL's, and straight up drove a Miami receiver backward and made a tackle on the inside of the blocker.

Never thought I'd say this but the defense has been playing better with Cone and Jones at corner than they were with Jolly and Jones.

I'm not expecting a lot of offense from Troy, but the defense is good enough to keep it a game for 2 or 3 quarters before the wheels fall off.
11-15-2021 02:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2021 02:09 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(11-15-2021 01:42 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  One thing I can say with confidence, Steven Jones Jr. (son of Henry Jones Jr, son of Henry Jones, alias Dr. Jones) is the best bubble screen corner back in the Sun Belt conference by far. He has a pick 6, a few pass breakups, a few TFL's, and straight up drove a Miami receiver backward and made a tackle on the inside of the blocker.

I'm not expecting a lot of offense from Troy, but the defense is good enough to keep it a game for 2 or 3 quarters before the wheels fall off.

I expect it will look a lot like the App - South Alabama game. In reality, that game was far closer than 24 points. Milder weather may help App's offense quite a bit. New wrinkles are coming out in the passing game every week. A different receiver is highlighted by Ponce each week, more running than passing the past three weeks or so, and different plays.

Hoping Brice comes back next year so we can the full compliment of the offense since they are installing every week still.
11-15-2021 02:22 PM
Appst94 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App St
Where does one park as a visitor?
11-15-2021 03:24 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Majority of Troy fans didn’t like the chip hire from the very beginning. Me included.

And it’s grown to no one liking him, even the most optimistic Troy fans have turned.
11-15-2021 03:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.