Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Workers standing up in the Sun Belt area
Bookmark and Share
McLeansvilleAppFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian St
Workers standing up in the Sun Belt area
From Who Gets the Bird? newsletter
3% of the population of Huntington, WV is currently on strike, with over 1,000 service workers at Cabell Hospital officially on strike with SEIU 1199 WV/KY/OH, and the Steelworkers Local 40 strike at Special Metals, 500 picketers strong, continuing into its sixth week. (OK, that’s not really how it works, they probably don’t all live in Huntington proper, but you get the idea.)

Solidarity from a Mountaineer to my brothers and sisters in and around Huntingon, WV.

And I have not forgotten about the Warrior Met coal miners strike in Alabama. Corrupt judges that don't believe in 1st Amendment rights will not keep the strikers down.

Solidarity Forever!
11-06-2021 02:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

debragga Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM
RE: Workers standing up in the Sun Belt area
Solidarity
11-06-2021 02:09 PM
ODU2017 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion University
RE: Workers standing up in the Sun Belt area
Related to labor activism. Not interested in a debate here just wanted to share this request for feedback.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/FTC-2022-0003-0001

https://secure.everyaction.com/FNcO8Kqp_kGsVUT1sYEC1g2

The FTC is re-examining the guidelines the Justice Department will use to examine future corporate mergers. They are actively soliciting feedback from citizens to counterbalance the input given by corporate lobbyists.

What impact have you seen corporate mergers have on your community? I shared the story about the biggest one day layoff in the history of North Carolina when Walmart stopped buying from Cannon Mills because they refused to outsource to China. The company that merged with Cannon went bankrupt, the mill shut down and 7500 people lost their job in one day.
04-11-2022 08:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.