Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

May attend the Clemson-Louisville Game Saturday
orangefan Online
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
May attend the Clemson-Louisville Game Saturday
I will be arriving in Louisville around 2 pm on Saturday. I welcome any tips for the best way to get from downtown to Cardinals Stadium and best places to hang out before the game. Also, I haven't purchased a ticket yet. I did notice that many of the tickets for sale on Stubhub are physical tickets, which won't work for me as I will be traveling. Open to advice on best options for getting a ticket, or if you have an extra. Finally, is there a Covid protocol?
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2021 08:55 AM by orangefan.)
11-02-2021 08:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

RE: May attend the Clemson-Louisville Game Saturday
I'd imagine if you head down you will find a cheap ticket.
11-02-2021 11:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
Welcome!

Uber/Lyft/Cab -- all should be easy options to get you from downtown to the stadium. If you are flying in, you'll pass the stadium from the airport to downtown. It's pretty much a straight shot.

Tix:

There should be no shortage of tickets for you to grab. I have a few on Stub Hub myself -- of the electronic kind. Last home game I ate 4 extra's, which was a bummer. The first time I didn't unload my extras all season. And that includes Eastern Kentucky.

But I'd recommend checking Stub Hub each night -- I bet the prices drop as the game gets closer.

As far as tailgating goes ....

There is a nice, new, tailgating area that you could try out .... right next to the stadium on Floyd Street, on the 50 yard line, on the east side of the stadium (the side with the upper deck) .... It's called "The Alley", and it has concessions, TV's to catch other games, rest room facilities, I think a band or live music, and other tailgating activity. I attached a 1 minute vid of the announcement of the project from this past summer ... It's free, and you can't get closer to the stadium.

You're welcome to pop by my tailgate, which is probably 150 - 200 yards South of The Alley, closer to the corner of Floyd Street and Denny Crum Overpass. We have 4 Flags flying - two red and black U of L flags, one white ACC flag, and one white Jaegermeister flag. 03-lmfao If you do pop by, we'll have to toast over a Jaeger bomb.

Too bad you couldn't have finagled the trip for two weeks, when Syracuse is coming. That's when Lamar Jackson's jersey will be retired. No idea if he'll be able to make it, but I would assume he would. (Although last week was the Ravens bye, so it'd have to be a special arrangement).

Anyway ... hope it works out that you can catch the game.

Safe travels!

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2021 12:36 PM by Pervis_Griffith.)
11-02-2021 12:34 PM
Advertisement

orangefan Online
Heisman

(11-02-2021 12:34 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  Welcome!

Uber/Lyft/Cab -- all should be easy options to get you from downtown to the stadium. If you are flying in, you'll pass the stadium from the airport to downtown. It's pretty much a straight shot.

Tix:

There should be no shortage of tickets for you to grab. I have a few on Stub Hub myself -- of the electronic kind. Last home game I ate 4 extra's, which was a bummer. The first time I didn't unload my extras all season. And that includes Eastern Kentucky.

But I'd recommend checking Stub Hub each night -- I bet the prices drop as the game gets closer.

As far as tailgating goes ....

There is a nice, new, tailgating area that you could try out .... right next to the stadium on Floyd Street, on the 50 yard line, on the east side of the stadium (the side with the upper deck) .... It's called "The Alley", and it has concessions, TV's to catch other games, rest room facilities, I think a band or live music, and other tailgating activity. I attached a 1 minute vid of the announcement of the project from this past summer ... It's free, and you can't get closer to the stadium.

You're welcome to pop by my tailgate, which is probably 150 - 200 yards South of The Alley, closer to the corner of Floyd Street and Denny Crum Overpass. We have 4 Flags flying - two red and black U of L flags, one white ACC flag, and one white Jaegermeister flag. 03-lmfao If you do pop by, we'll have to toast over a Jaeger bomb.

Too bad you couldn't have finagled the trip for two weeks, when Syracuse is coming. That's when Lamar Jackson's jersey will be retired. No idea if he'll be able to make it, but I would assume he would. (Although last week was the Ravens bye, so it'd have to be a special arrangement).

Anyway ... hope it works out that you can catch the game.

Safe travels!

Thanks for all of the great info and for the tailgating offer. I may take you up on it!

When they set the schedule, I had initially planned to attend the Syracuse game, but would have needed to stay for 3-4 extra nights. Now the game is a pretty important one for Syracuse but it's too late to book a reasonable airfare. Oh well.
11-02-2021 01:51 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(11-02-2021 01:51 PM)orangefan Wrote:  Thanks for all of the great info and for the tailgating offer. I may take you up on it!

When they set the schedule, I had initially planned to attend the Syracuse game, but would have needed to stay for 3-4 extra nights. Now the game is a pretty important one for Syracuse but it's too late to book a reasonable airfare. Oh well.

American Airlines cancelling 2200 flights yesterday probably didn't help the price of tickets.
11-02-2021 02:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.