10-31-2021 11:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PhillyApp1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: APP STATE
RE: App at AState discussion thread
Dear A state,
We won't kill you.... unless you give up.
Good luck
App State
11-01-2021 02:32 AM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
Never kill Arkansas State: Sun Belt Sherriff!
11-01-2021 04:28 AM
sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
Dear App,

Please let us score once so you can see the pretty lights in the water falls.

your buddy,
stAte
11-01-2021 07:42 AM
FrankyP Offline
All American

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(11-01-2021 07:42 AM)sdcritter Wrote:  Dear App,

your buddy,
stAte

Are they only turned on after a score?
11-01-2021 07:45 AM
Advertisement

JTApps1 Offline
1st String

Sorry stAte fans... we owe Butch one from 2016.
11-01-2021 11:37 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

Agreed, I remember Butch busting in on the post game huddle with Satt speaking to the team. Satt bit his lip, looked at him like get the hell out of here, you got lucky.

Busch league.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennes...nt-praise/
11-01-2021 12:05 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(11-01-2021 11:37 AM)JTApps1 Wrote:  Sorry stAte fans... we owe Butch one from 2016.

Please don’t. Our players have families. Don’t make them suffer through the pain you are about to inflict. They have suffered enough
11-01-2021 12:19 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
2015 always makes me wary of this game. Heaven forbid our center ever exit the game again and destroy our ability to run and pass block effectively.

Some will say that this is a trap game for App, but with only a head to head win lead in the East, there shouldn't be a trap game. It's November, we are a month away from the SBC Championship Game with Troy, USA, Georgia Southern, and Arkansas State remaining. I don't care about records, that's not an easy slate of games in this new look Sun Belt. The target is still there for App to contend with.

As for the game, I hope App runs the ball 50 times. Arkansas State has trouble defensively but they can put up 450 to 550 yards of offense on almost anyone in the G5 and FBS (except apparently Washington). App will need to force turnovers, avoid turnovers, and run the ball efficiently. Passing has rarely been an issue except against Louisiana but App has been shown to live and die by the big play so I'd like to see this as a "get right" game for the ability to just drive the ball down the field and end with a touchdown. That's been a center piece of App State in the past thats been missing this season; 75 yard drives leaning on the run early in the game.
11-01-2021 12:44 PM
Advertisement

ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
Will also say that App's pass defense has improved significantly since Madison Cone came in for an injured Jolly and Jones.
11-01-2021 01:34 PM
Goronic Offline
1st String

(11-01-2021 12:05 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Agreed, I remember Butch busting in on the post game huddle with Satt speaking to the team. Satt bit his lip, looked at him like get the hell out of here, you got lucky.

Busch league.

He was impressed with how well App State played Tennessee - and the was super grateful we didn't win. So he ran out to congratulate the App State players. I didn't mind it too much, but maybe the App State coached did? Not sure. Add it to a long list of shoulda/coulda: Tennessee OT, Penn St OT, WF, Miami, etc etc
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021 03:48 PM by Goronic.)
11-01-2021 03:46 PM
ballantyneapp Offline
All American

I Root For: App
(11-01-2021 12:05 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Agreed, I remember Butch busting in on the post game huddle with Satt speaking to the team. Satt bit his lip, looked at him like get the hell out of here, you got lucky.

Busch league.

imagine the lack of self awareness it takes to think that was a good time to give the opposing team a "nice try". What an *******.
11-01-2021 03:48 PM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
Call the Jonesboro PD. There is going to be a murder at Centennial Bank Stadium. 2 weeks later they will become serial killers when they visit Veterans Memorial Stadium.
11-01-2021 03:48 PM
Advertisement

stAteNation Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
I remember a few years ago, teams were asking us not to kill them. Oh how times have changed.

I actually think we are going in the right direction after the unfortunate recruiting situation the last couple of years.
11-01-2021 04:11 PM
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

(11-01-2021 12:44 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  2015 always makes me wary of this game. Heaven forbid our center ever exit the game again and destroy our ability to run and pass block effectively.

Some will say that this is a trap game for App, but with only a head to head win lead in the East, there shouldn't be a trap game. It's November, we are a month away from the SBC Championship Game with Troy, USA, Georgia Southern, and Arkansas State remaining. I don't care about records, that's not an easy slate of games in this new look Sun Belt. The target is still there for App to contend with.

As for the game, I hope App runs the ball 50 times. Arkansas State has trouble defensively but they can put up 450 to 550 yards of offense on almost anyone in the G5 and FBS (except apparently Washington). App will need to force turnovers, avoid turnovers, and run the ball efficiently. Passing has rarely been an issue except against Louisiana but App has been shown to live and die by the big play so I'd like to see this as a "get right" game for the ability to just drive the ball down the field and end with a touchdown. That's been a center piece of App State in the past thats been missing this season; 75 yard drives leaning on the run early in the game.

This team is no where near the 2015 squad lol
11-01-2021 04:14 PM
stAteNation Offline
Special Teams

I don’t expect to win, but with a light crowd expected, App will have to bring their own energy.
11-01-2021 04:15 PM
111App Offline
Special Teams

(11-01-2021 07:45 AM)FrankyP Wrote:  
(11-01-2021 07:42 AM)sdcritter Wrote:  Dear App,

your buddy,
stAte

Are they only turned on after a score?

Not sure, better ask a team they’ve scored on. j/k
11-01-2021 07:47 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(11-01-2021 12:44 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  2015 always makes me wary of this game. Heaven forbid our center ever exit the game again and destroy our ability to run and pass block effectively.

Well, I mean if you want to worry, our running QB is now free to play the rest of the season without blowing his redshirt... Not that he'll play much, but maybe he gets a series.
11-01-2021 08:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.