RE: Percy Agyei-Obese....
This is horrible news.
10-30-2021 04:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
Only saving grace is he should qualify for a medical redshirt, if he wants it.
10-30-2021 04:55 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
We’ve had more than our share of big injuries to key players this year. Stars are not lining up for a championship run. Good team, but not a great team and each player lost makes it that much more difficult.

It will be fun to root for JMU as an underdog in the playoffs after the weaklings are eliminated in the first game. We’ll need some good fortune and funky bounces of the oblong ball to help this team find a way to the title. Can it happen? Sure. Is it likely to happen, no. But that is why we watch the game. You never know what will happen especially in do or die playoff games. Maybe we can find some magic in the special teams game that has gone limp the past 2 seasons.
10-30-2021 05:06 PM
fishingduke12 Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
Feel terrible for him. Thought if he put together another good season he'd get a shot as an undrafted FA somewhere. Maybe he'll be good to go by the pro day but he never looked right this year
10-30-2021 07:54 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Man that is horrible news. Really feel bad for him this season has been a complete disaster injury wise for him. Hope he recovers well and quickly.

Brian
10-30-2021 07:59 PM
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
Saw it reported from today's press conference that PAO will be back next season. Will be interesting to see how the rock is split between him, Palmer and Black. I know Coach Cigs prefers the run game and with a brand new QB they'll need to rely on it even more.
11-16-2021 01:22 PM
jmu007 Offline
All American

Fantastic news. There will be plenty of carries to go around.
11-16-2021 01:31 PM
Dukester Offline

(11-16-2021 01:22 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  Saw it reported from today's press conference that PAO will be back next season. Will be interesting to see how the rock is split between him, Palmer and Black. I know Coach Cigs prefers the run game and with a brand new QB they'll need to rely on it even more.

Will this be his 7th year? 03-lmfao

Great news
11-16-2021 01:33 PM
jmu007 Offline
All American

He'll be Dr. Percy by the time he finishes playing :)
11-16-2021 01:42 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

(11-16-2021 01:42 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  He'll be Dr. Percy by the time he finishes playing :)
He's just trying to keep up with the esteemed double doctorate Bryant in the RB room.
11-16-2021 01:45 PM
Advertisement

2Buck Offline
All American

Too late to teach Percy to throw? Him with Palmer running RPOs would be choice.
11-16-2021 01:48 PM
AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

Percy was also invited to the Hula Bowl in Orlando.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hula_Bowl
11-16-2021 01:55 PM
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes
Percy Semenov?
11-16-2021 01:58 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

(11-16-2021 01:58 PM)jmufan2008 Wrote:  Percy Semenov?

Hahaha. I was thinking the same thing. A name change is in order.
11-16-2021 02:18 PM
JMU1987UVA1998 Offline
1st String

(11-16-2021 01:22 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  Saw it reported from today's press conference that PAO will be back next season. Will be interesting to see how the rock is split between him, Palmer and Black. I know Coach Cigs prefers the run game and with a brand new QB they'll need to rely on it even more.

Don't get me wrong, love having Percy return for a 6th/7th year, just hope this doesn't lead to a transfer of one of our RBs. The current core of RBs seem to enjoy each others accomplishments from the exterior. Next season with a new QB (either an in-house recruit like Atkins or a transfer) we'll need to rely more on the running attack initially during the transition year.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2021 03:17 PM by JMU1987UVA1998.)
11-16-2021 03:10 PM
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

(11-16-2021 03:10 PM)JMU1987UVA1998 Wrote:  

Don't get me wrong, love having Percy return for a 6th/7th year, just hope this doesn't lead to a transfer of one of our RBs. The current core of RBs seem to enjoy each others accomplishments from the exterior. Next season with a new QB (either an in-house recruit like Atkins or a transfer) we'll need to rely more on the running attack initially during the transition year.
That was my first thought as well, PAO is a great person and player to have around another year but just hope it doesn’t mean Black decides to take his talents elsewhere.
11-16-2021 05:14 PM
Dukester Offline

(11-16-2021 01:48 PM)2Buck Wrote:  Too late to teach Percy to throw? Him with Palmer running RPOs would be choice.

I love you 2 buck - but I hate this post. It grosses me out every time I scroll through. 03-drunk

It's not your post, it's your signature. Oh dear lord, please change that. No wonder I keep seeing it. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2021 05:23 PM by Dukester.)
11-16-2021 05:20 PM
DoubleDogDare Offline
All American

(11-16-2021 05:14 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  
(11-16-2021 03:10 PM)JMU1987UVA1998 Wrote:  Don't get me wrong, love having Percy return for a 6th/7th year, just hope this doesn't lead to a transfer of one of our RBs. The current core of RBs seem to enjoy each others accomplishments from the exterior. Next season with a new QB (either an in-house recruit like Atkins or a transfer) we'll need to rely more on the running attack initially during the transition year.
That was my first thought as well, PAO is a great person and player to have around another year but just hope it doesn’t mean Black decides to take his talents elsewhere.

I said this when I saw Zoe Bryant was joining the team...
Quote:We return 70% of our RB rushing yards, including 4 guys with more eligibility left and all 4 have rushed for more yards than he [Zoe] has over the past 18 months.

I certainly hope he contributes, but I really just hope bringing him in for a 7th year victory lap doesn't change any dynamics in the RB room. We got 4 guys with plenty of years left to give to JMU and having their limited snaps split one more way could force one out. I think I can safely assume HCCC considered this though and doesn't believe it will be an issue.
...and to this point, that fear seemed to be unwarranted.

I imagine the younger guys can appreciate Percy coming back more than bringing a new guy in, which to this point didn't seem to cause any issues. They all get the extra year, they will soon be able to say they are a FBS RBs, and they are seeing how quickly the depth chart can change. I'm hoping all that means we don't lose any of them.
11-16-2021 07:33 PM
JMU1987UVA1998 Offline
1st String

(11-16-2021 07:33 PM)DoubleDogDare Wrote:  
(11-16-2021 05:14 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  
(11-16-2021 03:10 PM)JMU1987UVA1998 Wrote:  Don't get me wrong, love having Percy return for a 6th/7th year, just hope this doesn't lead to a transfer of one of our RBs. The current core of RBs seem to enjoy each others accomplishments from the exterior. Next season with a new QB (either an in-house recruit like Atkins or a transfer) we'll need to rely more on the running attack initially during the transition year.

I said this when I saw Zoe Bryant was joining the team...
Quote:We return 70% of our RB rushing yards, including 4 guys with more eligibility left and all 4 have rushed for more yards than he [Zoe] has over the past 18 months.

I certainly hope he contributes, but I really just hope bringing him in for a 7th year victory lap doesn't change any dynamics in the RB room. We got 4 guys with plenty of years left to give to JMU and having their limited snaps split one more way could force one out. I think I can safely assume HCCC considered this though and doesn't believe it will be an issue.
...and to this point, that fear seemed to be unwarranted.

I imagine the younger guys can appreciate Percy coming back more than bringing a new guy in, which to this point didn't seem to cause any issues. They all get the extra year, they will soon be able to say they are a FBS RBs, and they are seeing how quickly the depth chart can change. I'm hoping all that means we don't lose any of them.

I don't know if we have a RB commit in the incoming class or not. Suspect if one is in the class they'll be redshirted since it's a transition year.
11-16-2021 07:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.