Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Union Nearly Boos Lori Lightfoot off Stage
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Union Nearly Boos Lori Lightfoot off Stage
Quote:One of the first unions that came out in support of Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot during her 2019 runoff election just gave her an unceremonious greeting as she rose to deliver remarks to them today.

Lightfoot was drowned out by a chorus of boos at the annual fundraiser for the Plumbers Union Local 130.

One attendee characterized it as booing her off the stage, saying that she spoke for less than a minute.

From Fox News:

“Almost deafening,” the person said. “I was sitting at the table with a bunch of plumbers. They’re like, `We’ve never heard that before here.’ … Clearly, their membership is not with her. … They were calling her names. It was bad.”

Video purportedly taken at the event circulated on social media Wednesday after being picked up by conservative media. It showed Jim Coyne, the union’s business manager, introducing Lightfoot and a loud round of boos erupting as she took the podium.

“I knew that was going to happen,” one person said off camera in the video.

“That’s f—-ing brutal,” another person said in the video.

The union leadership tried to diminish what happened, by characterizing it as just a couple of people and insignificant, when it was clearly a significant number of the people.

What has made the union members so mad at her? Workers have been angry over the vaccine mandates which require city workers to report their COVID-19 vaccination status or be placed on unpaid leave. They object to the dictatorial ways. Whoever thought it would be the unions standing in the breach against Democratic authoritarianism? Guess I will concede that unions do, in fact ,have some utility, although the leadership in this union seems to be denying the reality of what went down.

It’s a big thing in Chicago, which may lose one-third of their police force, if they are terminated over failure to report their vaccination status and/or not get vaccinated. It’s a clear and present danger to the safety of the city.

But this is a bellwether of what’s playing out across the country. It’s not just important to show the ire that people are feeling against the high-handed Lori Lightfoot — it’s what many unions and other city employees in big Democratic cities are feeling across the country.

So, here’s a big question for Lightfoot and her Democratic pals. What do you think all these folks to whom you are being dictatorial — many of whom might ordinarily have voted for Democrats — are going to do come the midterms?

Pro tip? They’re not going to be lining up to vote for Democrats. They’re going to vote for the Republican candidates or they’re going to stay home. Prepare for the rout that is about to come next year, because these union members and other Americans are going to remember come next November — and it isn’t going to be pretty.

Link

Let’s Go Lightfoot…..
10-28-2021 10:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Union Nearly Boos Lori Lightfoot off Stage
Those "couple of people" are quite talented, being able to make their 2 voices sound like dozens of people booing while at the same time quelling any noise of applause.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2021 11:02 AM by UofMstateU.)
10-28-2021 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Cant wait to see that memo to her staff where she rips them a new one.....

"I need people not to boo me everyday I need people not to boo me everyday I need people not to boo me everyday I need people not to boo me everyday I need people not to boo me everyday I need people not to boo me everyday I need people not to boo me everydayI need people not to boo me everyday"
10-28-2021 11:05 AM
Advertisement

GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
I thought it said Lori Laughlin and was confused--thought it might have been the actor's union boycotting her.
10-28-2021 05:31 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Another reason to be anti-union. These idiots let their union bosses have free rein with the purse and with their endorsements.
10-29-2021 06:49 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(10-28-2021 11:02 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Those "couple of people" are quite talented, being able to make their 2 voices sound like dozens of people booing while at the same time quelling any noise of applause.

in fairness, they were cheering lets go brandon
10-29-2021 06:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.