Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

(Worst)ern week
Bookmark and Share
Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Payday & Friday
(Worst)ern week
So... its officially 7 days to the WMU game being that its next Weds night.

Anybody even remotely think we have a chance in this game? I'm pretty much resigned to this being a loss. And I think we need to have a lot of luck to even finish 6-6 this year with the games remaining.

Our coaching staff can't seem to beat WMU either at home or on the road.

WMU likes to throw the ball and we can't defend the pass to save our lives.

The only thing is, WMU's defense might be almost as bad as ours. So this might be a high scoring game. Once again, Lew might have a big game rushing. He's legit.

Although I fully anticipate that WMU wins on a long pass at the end with our DBs 20 yards behind their receiver on their knees looking for their contact lenses in the turf...03-banghead
10-27-2021 10:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CMU CHIPPEWAS

Crappies
RE: (Worst)ern week
Hawks, your ANALysis is spot on! If Jimmy Mac refuses to make immediate changes, then he goes down with the ship.
10-27-2021 11:13 AM
Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

Worstern got screwed by the MAC on scheduling this game on a Weds night in November too. Attendance will be much lower than if it was on an afternoon Saturday in October.

And if the weather that night is cold or raining it might be a ghost town at the stadium.

But, we all get to watch on tv as our defense screws the pooch on each and every pass play. Oh Joy... 07-coffee3
10-27-2021 11:58 AM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
I think it's likely to be a shootout, but that doesn't mean we're guaranteed to lose. WMU looked bad at Toledo and worse at home versus Ball State, so they definitely have their issues. Their special teams are also a mess, and that could be a deciding factor.
10-27-2021 08:46 PM
ChipsNbeer Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: CMU Chippewas
I'm not sure what to expect yet other than a sloppy game with plays that you'd only see in the MAC.

McElwain can get a shot glass of respectability if he comes home with the cannon trophy. But I'm not holding my breath.

Fire Up!
10-27-2021 10:27 PM
AFLAGWA Offline
1st String

I Root For: Snow Days!
Being a Bronco since the late 80's, I can unequivocally state that this is the most bi-polar team we've put on the field. We can absolutely DOMINATE teams and then have stretches where it looks like our first day of spring ball. The tragic thing for us is that the BSU and Toledo loses basically come down to about 20 minutes total of WTF football. We either tend to dominate the 3rd quarter or puke it away. There is little middle ground.

I honestly can't tell you what we are going to put on the field Wednesday night. I do know that this team has shown a propensity for responding to poor performances pretty well...ask Kent St.
10-28-2021 07:23 AM
Advertisement

CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
Well, speaking for myself, there is no doubt in my mind as to what is about to happen.
10-28-2021 08:28 AM
Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

(10-27-2021 08:46 PM)CMichFan Wrote:  Their special teams are also a mess, and that could be a deciding factor.

Like botching a snap on a game winning field goal? 03-lmfao

Actually, our special teams have been pretty good this year, except for that one big glaring mistake in the final seconds vs NIU.
10-28-2021 11:12 AM
cmufanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: cmu chippewas
(10-28-2021 11:12 AM)Warhawks222 Wrote:  
(10-27-2021 08:46 PM)CMichFan Wrote:  Their special teams are also a mess, and that could be a deciding factor.

Like botching a snap on a game winning field goal? 03-lmfao

Actually, our special teams have been pretty good this year, except for that one big glaring mistake in the final seconds vs NIU.

Really sucks other than bragging rights this is a meaningless game while scUM and MSU take center stage
10-28-2021 07:17 PM
cmufanatic Offline
1st String

(10-28-2021 07:23 AM)AFLAGWA Wrote:  Being a Bronco since the late 80's, I can unequivocally state that this is the most bi-polar team we've put on the field. We can absolutely DOMINATE teams and then have stretches where it looks like our first day of spring ball. The tragic thing for us is that the BSU and Toledo loses basically come down to about 20 minutes total of WTF football. We either tend to dominate the 3rd quarter or puke it away. There is little middle ground.

I honestly can't tell you what we are going to put on the field Wednesday night. I do know that this team has shown a propensity for responding to poor performances pretty well...ask Kent St.

I can pretty much dig gone guarantee WMU will roll in this one.. I think losing the way we did will cause a hangover effect.
10-28-2021 07:19 PM
AFLAGWA Offline
1st String

I Root For: Snow Days!
(10-28-2021 07:19 PM)cmufanatic Wrote:  I can pretty much dig gone guarantee WMU will roll in this one.. I think losing the way we did will cause a hangover effect.

Yeah...that's what the Toledo fans were telling us...
10-29-2021 03:43 PM
Advertisement

cmufanatic Offline
1st String

Lol we shall see dude but Waldo is a house of horrors for cmu. Really hate when this game has minimal importance
10-30-2021 06:42 AM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
Loser has to let Holly Rowe sit on their face.
10-30-2021 08:46 PM
Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

(10-30-2021 08:46 PM)CHIPPEWA ENEMA Wrote:  Loser has to let Holly Rowe sit on their face.

Well, that’s some motivation right there. Nobody likes to be suffocated.
10-30-2021 10:27 PM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
I've already got fly paper for my face and a straw to breathe through.
10-30-2021 10:45 PM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
Word on the street is that Holly is going to join the scUM cheerleading squad. She'll blend in well with the other beer-gutted manatees.
11-01-2021 07:16 PM
Advertisement

cmufanatic Offline
1st String

(11-01-2021 07:16 PM)CHIPPEWA ENEMA Wrote:  Word on the street is that Holly is going to join the scUM cheerleading squad. She'll blend in well with the other beer-gutted manatees.

better than Pam Ward!04-jawdrop
11-02-2021 08:28 AM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
Pam looks good in a K.D. Lang suit.
11-02-2021 10:17 AM
cmufanatic Offline
1st String

(11-02-2021 10:17 AM)CHIPPEWA ENEMA Wrote:  Pam looks good in a K.D. Lang suit.

03-talktothehand03-lmfao
11-02-2021 10:35 AM
Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

Well, the game is tonight.

Hope the team can get more fired up to play then the fan base is regarding this game.
Can't really remember it being this quiet for this game in a while. Its not like both teams are 0-8 with nothing to play for. Steps closer to bowl eligibility are there for both teams, as well as bragging rights. But it just seems different this year for some reason. I don't think either fan base is confident in their team.

Regardless, I'll be watching tonight. But really not expecting much different from this team than I've seen so far this season. Mostly because of the really poor pass defense I've seen each game.

Hope I'm wrong and the Chippewas can figure it out tonight.

WMU is favored by 10 and the over/under is 67. I can see each team scoring a lot of points and going back and forth. Maybe last team with the ball wins? Seems like that over 67 is a good bet. WMU might score 67 all by themselves if they just pass every down.
11-03-2021 09:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.