Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Farewell old conference mates, and good riddance cusa.
Bookmark and Share
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
First, i want to apologize to MTSU, WKU, La Tech and UTEP. You 4 deserve better. I really hope you all could land in another legit conference. Your programs and fans deserve better. It should be the very parasites (minus UAB) that are moving to the AAC to destroy it, that get stuck with programs like Tarleton State, and Mcneese State. Etc.

I wish you the best and hopefully we'll get to play you guys, more. Especially in basketball. It's amazing what inept leadership can do to a conference. Went from the clear best G5 in mid 2000's.to the absolute worst in 2013. And we had a chance in this realignment when the AAC did cusa a favor and took the dead weight, to add some strong programs like Appy, Coastal, Louisiana, JMU to become arguably the best G5 overnight, instead we all have to split up and go separate ways, and cusa is imploding, as organizations usually do with poor leadership.
10-27-2021 08:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
RE: Farewell old conference mates, and good riddance cusa.
(10-27-2021 08:29 AM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  First, i want to apologize to MTSU, WKU, La Tech and UTEP. You 4 deserve better. I really hope you all could land in another legit conference. Your programs and fans deserve better. It should be the very parasites (minus UAB) that are moving to the AAC to destroy it, that get stuck with programs like Tarleton State, and Mcneese State. Etc.

I wish you the best and hopefully we'll get to play you guys, more. Especially in basketball. It's amazing what inept leadership can do to a conference. Went from the clear best G5 in mid 2000's.to the absolute worst in 2013. And we had a chance in this realignment when the AAC did cusa a favor and took the dead weight, to add some strong programs like Appy, Coastal, Louisiana, JMU to become arguably the best G5 overnight, instead we all have to split up and go separate ways, and cusa is imploding, as organizations usually do with poor leadership.

Not sure why fans feel the need to say bye and then do a jab at the end. It’s just a bad look and makes everyone even more salty. “ cusa is imploding”, you don’t say Captain Obvious.
10-27-2021 08:38 AM
49ShadesOfGreen Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Charlotte
(10-27-2021 08:29 AM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  First, i want to apologize to MTSU, WKU, La Tech and UTEP. You 4 deserve better. I really hope you all could land in another legit conference. Your programs and fans deserve better. It should be the very parasites (minus UAB) that are moving to the AAC to destroy it, that get stuck with programs like Tarleton State, and Mcneese State. Etc.

bye herd, enjoy the belt 01-swc
10-27-2021 08:48 AM
Advertisement

Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
I wanted Marshall in the AAC with us. I don't pick the teams.

Won't miss you though

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
10-27-2021 09:06 AM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
(10-27-2021 08:48 AM)49ShadesOfGreen Wrote:  

bye herd, enjoy the belt 01-swc

HAHAHA....I see what you did there. You know what's funny about your "RIP" pic?...We are watching CUSA die based on their idea that they could bring in large metro area schools that has no fans (like UNB Charlotte) and grow a conference of interest, stability, rivalries etc. The same exact "failing model" that the American is currently doing by taking schools like UNC Charlotte. They obviously didn't learn from CUSA.

The greatest conference in the world (SEC) has very little "large metro" schools in its conference. That should say something about the previous CUSA model and now the American model. That's all I'll say about that.
10-27-2021 09:09 AM
Advertisement

goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU

If AAC took the dead weight, then SunBelt took the "below dead weight".
10-27-2021 09:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goherd17 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-27-2021 08:38 AM)Ewglenn Wrote:  

Not sure why fans feel the need to say bye and then do a jab at the end. It’s just a bad look and makes everyone even more salty. “ cusa is imploding”, you don’t say Captain Obvious.

He is on my ignore list if that tells you anything and I am a Marshall fan!
10-27-2021 09:15 AM
Advertisement

All4One Offline
Banned

I Root For: Genuine & Unprivileged

The media deal is largely responsible for this mass exodus of members, but you need to understand that former Marshall president, Stephen Kopp, was one of 12 Conference USA presidents and chancellors that voted in favor of an abrupt change in media partners to CBS/Fox while stabbing the current partner at the time, ESPN, in the back.

As a result ESPN sues Conference USA in 2011 and removes themselves as a potential partner for future media negotiations thus screwing Conference USA should they lose any of their valuable members that CBS/Fox was willing to pay top dollar for? Well, guess what happened 2 years later? The Catholic 7 of the Big East chose to break away from the football members and took the Big East name with them. As a result, the football Big East remnants joined together and pulled all those valuable CUSA programs CBS/Fox was paying top dollar for--Central Florida, Houston, Memphis, SMU.

After all the defections and CBS/Fox modifying the current media deal due to the defections AND ESPN still bitter and off the table for CUSA, Britton Banowsky decides to spare his legacy for what he knew was in store for CUSA, so the commissioner of CUSA for 13 years decides to retire in 2015, a year before the media deal was up for renewal that now newly appointed commissioner, Judy MacLeod, was being scapegoated into having to handle.

CUSA went from having one of the best media deals in the FBS to the absolute worst, and it was because 12 individuals were driven to pursue their individual schools' short-term interests at the expense of the league's long-term goals.

Stephen Kopp (former president of Marshall)
Steven Ballard (former chancellor of East Carolina)
Steadman Upham (former president of Tulsa)
David Leebron (current president of Rice)
The late Diana Natalicio (former president of UTEP)
R. Gerald Turner (current president of SMU)
Renu Khator (current president of Houston)
Scott Cowen (former president of Tulane)
Carol Garrison (former president of UAB)
Shirley Raines (former president of Memphis)
John Hitt (former president of Central Florida)
Martha Saunders (former president of Southern Miss)

Those 12 yeses to approve betraying ESPN is why CUSA couldn't compete for a better media deal moving forward.
10-29-2021 02:55 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(10-29-2021 02:55 AM)All4One Wrote:  

The media deal is largely responsible for this mass exodus of members, but you need to understand that former Marshall president, Stephen Kopp, was one of 12 Conference USA presidents and chancellors that voted in favor of an abrupt change in media partners to CBS/Fox while stabbing the current partner at the time, ESPN, in the back.

As a result ESPN sues Conference USA in 2011 and removes themselves as a potential partner for future media negotiations thus screwing Conference USA should they lose any of their valuable members that CBS/Fox was willing to pay top dollar for? Well, guess what happened 2 years later? The Catholic 7 of the Big East chose to break away from the football members and took the Big East name with them. As a result, the football Big East remnants joined together and pulled all those valuable CUSA programs CBS/Fox was paying top dollar for--Central Florida, Houston, Memphis, SMU.

After all the defections and CBS/Fox modifying the current media deal due to the defections AND ESPN still bitter and off the table for CUSA, Britton Banowsky decides to spare his legacy for what he knew was in store for CUSA, so the commissioner of CUSA for 13 years decides to retire in 2015, a year before the media deal was up for renewal that now newly appointed commissioner, Judy MacLeod, was being scapegoated into having to handle.

CUSA went from having one of the best media deals in the FBS to the absolute worst, and it was because 12 individuals were driven to pursue their individual schools' short-term interests at the expense of the league's long-term goals.

Those 12 yeses to approve betraying ESPN is why CUSA couldn't compete for a better media deal moving forward.

ESPN isn't the reason why CUSA 3.0 failed.
10-29-2021 01:43 PM
All4One Offline
Banned

I Root For: Genuine & Unprivileged
(10-29-2021 01:43 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(10-29-2021 02:55 AM)All4One Wrote:  

ESPN isn't the reason why CUSA 3.0 failed.

Good. Then what were the reasons? A photo in a toy jeep is not a good enough reason.
10-29-2021 02:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.