Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So it’s all official now
Bookmark and Share
FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
So it’s all official now
We have to wait a while until we are actual members, but in the meantime we will be watching SBC games to help with streaming numbers and ratings, playing you guys in OOC (hello Cajuns, Jags and Warhawks in hoops) and looking forward to full participation in 2023. Thanks for all the welcomes and cheers, all!
10-26-2021 07:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
RE: So it’s all official now
Welcome 04-cheers
10-26-2021 07:12 PM
stAteNation Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas State
Couldn’t be more pumped up.
10-26-2021 07:14 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Welcome Neighbors! We, here in Mobile and at South Alabama and all of the JagNation welcome the University of Southern Mississippi are excited that you all will finally become Sun Belt Conference mates. It's going to be exciting times competing each other in all of out common athletics. Best of luck to the Golden Eagles with remaining months in C-USA. Kick some coosa butts, but go easy on ODU and Marshall.
10-26-2021 07:32 PM
Noodles Offline
All American

Best thing to happen to USM in a decade, easily.
Thanks for making room.
10-26-2021 08:01 PM
hotrod2001 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
I watched that press conference and (I know I said this in another thread but..) everyone at that press conference looked completely psyched at the move.

I really hope it gets you guys back on your footing you've been known for. You're right in the thick of it so I hope you're bussing your fans to Mobile, Monroe and Lafayette games and making an electric atmosphere.

And I'm also looking forward to seeing who bleeds black and gold at The Rock better 03-wink
10-26-2021 08:06 PM
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
Glad y’all are here!!!
10-26-2021 08:10 PM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
I'm so excited Marshall and So Miss will continue to share a conference together. We haven't been in the same division for a while now, but I'm glad we are still in the same conference. Nothing but respect for the So Miss football program. Can't wait to see you guys get things turned back around and hopefully meet in the SBC championship at some point in the future.
10-26-2021 08:15 PM
111App Offline
Special Teams

Welcome Golden Eagles!
10-26-2021 08:32 PM
CCUBrad Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Coastal
Welcome aboard. Glad to have you guys in the Belt.

I admit I haven't kept up with Southern Miss in the past decade as much as I should have, but curious as to what happened to your football program, from your fanbase's vantage point anyways. I remember the Ellis Johnson hiring and firing after Fedora had a good thing going, and what appeared to be a complete implosion. I remember ppl in South Carolina thinking that was gonna be such a great fit. Was it just a terrible hire, or is there more to the story from your guys perspective? That's my biggest fear with Chadwell rumors floating around that you follow some success up with a bad hire and lose all that momentum.
10-26-2021 08:32 PM
JSinLR Offline
Special Teams

Welcome aboard…USM has always been a program I have admired and had always thought it would be a good school to be in a conference with…good proximity and I have a few friends that are USM grads.
10-26-2021 08:37 PM
Advertisement

Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
We’re excited about the future in the Sun Belt. This is truly a blue color tough as a pine knot south eastern conference loaded with hungry programs. GS is down now but we’re in good shape. The new AD gives confidence that we can get the train back on the tracks. Hearing good things. Recruiting should take a nice turn for all of us with stout competition great exposure and close enough travel for family and friends. The recruiting battle against mid and lower tier P5s just got pushed further in our favor by a little luck this time and a conference loaded with identity history and tradition. It’s been a long tough road for most of us certainly Southern Miss to continue to climb and not settle. Looking forward to getting after it..04-cheers
10-26-2021 08:54 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Welcome USM
10-26-2021 09:03 PM
appsfan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Welcome aboard Golden Eagles!
10-26-2021 09:20 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Been wanting this to happend for many years. Welcome.
10-26-2021 09:22 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
(10-26-2021 08:06 PM)hotrod2001 Wrote:  I watched that press conference and (I know I said this in another thread but..) everyone at that press conference looked completely psyched at the move.

I really hope it gets you guys back on your footing you've been known for. You're right in the thick of it so I hope you're bussing your fans to Mobile, Monroe and Lafayette games and making an electric atmosphere.

And I'm also looking forward to seeing who bleeds black and gold at The Rock better 03-wink

Y'all are the only ones that wanted on from the jump. The conference has been as excited as y'all have been to join. Just a great add for a team steeped in history. Can't wait for y'all to turn it around and return to glory days. Hopefully after we beat you a couple times.
10-26-2021 09:32 PM
Advertisement

astater Offline
Water Engineer

Welcome USM! Nothing but a ton of respect for your school and fans. Can't wait to meet up on the gridiron!
10-26-2021 09:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

(10-26-2021 08:32 PM)CCUBrad Wrote:  Welcome aboard. Glad to have you guys in the Belt.

I admit I haven't kept up with Southern Miss in the past decade as much as I should have, but curious as to what happened to your football program, from your fanbase's vantage point anyways. I remember the Ellis Johnson hiring and firing after Fedora had a good thing going, and what appeared to be a complete implosion. I remember ppl in South Carolina thinking that was gonna be such a great fit. Was it just a terrible hire, or is there more to the story from your guys perspective? That's my biggest fear with Chadwell rumors floating around that you follow some success up with a bad hire and lose all that momentum.

Two terrible hires- Ellis (Elloss) Johnson and Jay Hopson, made four years apart. Elloss destroyed all of Fedora’s momentum in months, and Hopson inherited a solid base after the rebuild from Todd Monken and failed to move forward, then his recruiting fell off a cliff after he tried to hire Art Briles. He was mailing it in his last couple of years. Couple that with two bad AD hires and a bad president proceeding Rodney Bennett, we’ve had a pretty grim last decade. Better leadership is in place now.
10-26-2021 09:56 PM
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

(10-26-2021 08:32 PM)CCUBrad Wrote:  Welcome aboard. Glad to have you guys in the Belt.

Honestly, I haven't kept up with Southern Miss much after the Ellis experiment, C-USA 3.0 (4.0?) didn't help either. I've been tuned out for a while, my time off is too precious to spend being miserable and disappointed on Saturdays. Looks like they're finally trying to turn things around by making good decisions... honestly can't believe I'm excited to be joining the Sunbelt, that definitely wasn't my attitude 10 years ago.
10-26-2021 10:08 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-26-2021 09:56 PM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  

Two terrible hires- Ellis (Elloss) Johnson and Jay Hopson, made four years apart. Elloss destroyed all of Fedora’s momentum in months, and Hopson inherited a solid base after the rebuild from Todd Monken and failed to move forward, then his recruiting fell off a cliff after he tried to hire Art Briles. He was mailing it in his last couple of years. Couple that with two bad AD hires and a bad president proceeding Rodney Bennett, we’ve had a pretty grim last decade. Better leadership is in place now.

I think you should have hired Blake Anderson instead of Ellis Johnson. Would have saved both our programs from being where we are now...
10-26-2021 10:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.