Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Marshall Soccer has found a home!
Bookmark and Share
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
Marshall Soccer has found a home!
Hearing that the Sunbelt will sponsor Soccer with the following Teams making up the league:

1. Marshall #3
2. WVU #25
3. UK #4
4. South Carolina
5. ODU
6. Coastal Carolina
7. Georgia State
8. Georgia Southern
9. James Madison #23

That's a nice, tight geographical league and features four of those teams currently in the top 25. I'm not a soccer fan but I'm happy for the teams and the fans. Arguably the best soccer conference in America with those teams.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2021 07:22 AM by MUHERD76.)
10-23-2021 07:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Marshall Soccer has found a home!
Yeah there's really no reason for CUSA to even try to sponsor the sport anymore. Congrats!
10-23-2021 07:22 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Pretty funny that the sun belt will go from not sponsoring soccer to having one of the best leagues.
10-23-2021 07:34 AM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
(10-23-2021 07:20 AM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  Hearing that the Sunbelt will sponsor Soccer with the following Teams making up the league:

1. Marshall #3
2. WVU #25
3. UK #4
4. South Carolina
5. ODU
6. Coastal Carolina
7. Georgia State
8. Georgia Southern
9. James Madison #23

That's a nice, tight geographical league and features four of those teams currently in the top 25. I'm not a soccer fan but I'm happy for the teams and the fans. Arguably the best soccer conference in America with those teams.

Makes sense. Source? I would add FIU from CUSA as they have decent soccer as well, although it does extend the geography a bit
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2021 08:11 AM by Cnelson203.)
10-23-2021 08:11 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(10-23-2021 07:20 AM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  Hearing that the Sunbelt will sponsor Soccer with the following Teams making up the league:

1. Marshall #3
2. WVU #25
3. UK #4
4. South Carolina
5. ODU
6. Coastal Carolina
7. Georgia State
8. Georgia Southern
9. James Madison #23

Pick up FIU for soccer, too. One longer travel game but well worth it, imo.
10-23-2021 08:12 AM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
(10-23-2021 08:12 AM)MUther Wrote:  

1. Marshall #3
2. WVU #25
3. UK #4
4. South Carolina
5. ODU
6. Coastal Carolina
7. Georgia State
8. Georgia Southern
9. James Madison #23

Pick up FIU for soccer, too. One longer travel game but well worth it, imo.

I like that idea but didn't hear FIU's name mentioned.
10-23-2021 08:15 AM
Advertisement

herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
Was this told to you by a reliable source? Hoping so, this is what we have been speculating and hoping for since it was obvious we were going to the SBC.

Would love to get FIU as well. They are currently #17. Possibly UCF as well, pretty sure they are Top 25 and need a soccer home unless they stay in the lowly AAC.

Coastal was ranked earlier in the year and finished last season ranked. Ga St just built some amazing soccer facilities, they are going to be legit very soon.

I will be PUMPED if we can get the current CUSA affiliates to join the SBC with us.
10-23-2021 08:33 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU

1. Marshall #3
2. WVU #25
3. UK #4
4. South Carolina
5. ODU
6. Coastal Carolina
7. Georgia State
8. Georgia Southern
9. James Madison #23

Georgia Southern should do nothing but get better. My son played 3 years for Tormenta Travel Soccer and their pro team is housed in Statesboro GA where they continue to expand and improve the facility. They could do nothing but feed Georgia Southern some of their developmental players.

Sunbelt will have an awesome line up of Soccer. I look forward to watching some of the games in Statesboro.
10-23-2021 08:41 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

1. Marshall #3
2. WVU #25
3. UK #4
4. South Carolina
5. ODU
6. Coastal Carolina
7. Georgia State
8. Georgia Southern
9. James Madison #23

Holy schnikies!!!

We got WVU, Kentucky AND South Carolina to come with!?
10-23-2021 09:52 AM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

(10-23-2021 09:52 AM)rileylives Wrote:  

1. Marshall #3
2. WVU #25
3. UK #4
4. South Carolina
5. ODU
6. Coastal Carolina
7. Georgia State
8. Georgia Southern
9. James Madison #23

Holy schnikies!!!

We got WVU, Kentucky AND South Carolina to come with!?

What else would they realistically do at this point? Who left in CUSA has soccer other than FIU?

SBC will have

#3 Marshall
#23 JMU
Coastal who was ranked earlier in year and finished Top 25 last year.

Plus its great for them from a geographical stand point.
10-23-2021 10:14 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Gets rid of 2 of the weakest programs with UAB (Last winning season 2014) and FAU (Last winning season 2007, only CUSA school to never make the NCAA Tournament).

The B12 doesn't sponsor soccer so along with FIU the SB could add UCF also. SMU also has men's soccer but to me they are to far away in Dallas.
10-23-2021 10:36 AM
Advertisement

2009panther Offline
2nd String

I Root For: FIU
Nothing against the schools leaving cause you did what anybody would but I would rather FIU not join the Belt in soccer. They’re not willing to take any of our other programs. They killed CUSA in all other sports and if this is true are killing what’s left of the conference in soccer as well. I rather find another home, even if it’s worse.
10-23-2021 11:38 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(10-23-2021 11:38 AM)2009panther Wrote:  Nothing against the schools leaving cause you did what anybody would but I would rather FIU not join the Belt in soccer. They’re not willing to take any of our other programs. They killed CUSA in all other sports and if this is true are killing what’s left of the conference in soccer as well. I rather find another home, even if it’s worse.

I can respect that.
10-23-2021 11:40 AM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

(10-23-2021 11:38 AM)2009panther Wrote:  Nothing against the schools leaving cause you did what anybody would but I would rather FIU not join the Belt in soccer. They’re not willing to take any of our other programs. They killed CUSA in all other sports and if this is true are killing what’s left of the conference in soccer as well. I rather find another home, even if it’s worse.

I understand. Just know Marshall fans would like for you guys to join if you wanted to.
10-23-2021 11:52 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern

1. Marshall #3
2. WVU #25
3. UK #4
4. South Carolina
5. ODU
6. Coastal Carolina
7. Georgia State
8. Georgia Southern
9. James Madison #23

If that comes to fruition that's awesome.

FWIW, our AD has made a commitment to get better in the sport and we've supposedly got a 10k stadium in the works on campus for both our premier developmental team Tormenta FC and our school soccer teams to use.
10-23-2021 12:02 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

So you would rather your strongest sport end up in the ASun with:
Ballarmine
Central Arkansas
FGCU
Jacksonville
Liberty
Lipscomb
North Florida
Stetson

Or even worse the Big South:
Campbell
Gardner-Webb
High Point
Longwood
Presbyterian
Radford
UNC Asheville
USC Upstate
Winthrop

SoCon:
ETSU
Furman
Mercer
UNC Greensboro
VMI
Wofford

Because those 3 conferences is what you would have to choose from then.
10-23-2021 12:08 PM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

(10-23-2021 12:08 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  

Ballarmine
Central Arkansas
FGCU
Jacksonville
Liberty
Lipscomb
North Florida
Stetson

Campbell
Gardner-Webb
High Point
Longwood
Presbyterian
Radford
UNC Asheville
USC Upstate
Winthrop

SoCon:
ETSU
Furman
Mercer
UNC Greensboro
VMI
Wofford

Actually I get his point. I don't think he's talking about playing against any other particular schools, but feels burned from those who left.
10-23-2021 12:10 PM
2009panther Offline
2nd String

I Root For: FIU
(10-23-2021 12:10 PM)rileylives Wrote:  

Ballarmine
Central Arkansas
FGCU
Jacksonville
Liberty
Lipscomb
North Florida
Stetson

Campbell
Gardner-Webb
High Point
Longwood
Presbyterian
Radford
UNC Asheville
USC Upstate
Winthrop

SoCon:
ETSU
Furman
Mercer
UNC Greensboro
VMI
Wofford

Actually I get his point. I don't think he's talking about playing against any other particular schools, but feels burned from those who left.

To be honest, I don’t think the Belt would even extend an invite. From what I understand we didn’t leave the conference on the best of terms - WKU did and they are being hung out to dry.

We need to try to align ourselves with the AAC. That’s our only future option outside of CUSA. I don’t know if they’d take us but that be what we target.

That might not make sense in light of the prideful statement in the first but I feel differently about the moves made by the schools leaving for the AAC and those that went to the Belt. We needed you guys to stick and rebuild and you jumped ship and left the rest of us to drown. Again - I don’t blame you - but it’s different.
10-23-2021 12:24 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

Smile RE: Marshall Soccer has found a home!
(10-23-2021 12:24 PM)2009panther Wrote:  

Ballarmine
Central Arkansas
FGCU
Jacksonville
Liberty
Lipscomb
North Florida
Stetson

Campbell
Gardner-Webb
High Point
Longwood
Presbyterian
Radford
UNC Asheville
USC Upstate
Winthrop

SoCon:
ETSU
Furman
Mercer
UNC Greensboro
VMI
Wofford

To be honest, I don’t think the Belt would even extend an invite. From what I understand we didn’t leave the conference on the best of terms - WKU did and they are being hung out to dry.

We need to try to align ourselves with the AAC. That’s our only future option outside of CUSA. I don’t know if they’d take us but that be what we target.

That might not make sense in light of the prideful statement in the first but I feel differently about the moves made by the schools leaving for the AAC and those that went to the Belt. We needed you guys to stick and rebuild and you jumped ship and left the rest of us to drown. Again - I don’t blame you - but it’s different.

According to all reports, the six schools that left for the AAC had no intentions of staying. It was only Marshall that really hunkered down and tried to bring teams in with the remnants, and that failed.

So you're understanding of the situation needs updating.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2021 12:28 PM by rileylives.)
10-23-2021 12:28 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(10-23-2021 12:24 PM)2009panther Wrote:  

Ballarmine
Central Arkansas
FGCU
Jacksonville
Liberty
Lipscomb
North Florida
Stetson

Campbell
Gardner-Webb
High Point
Longwood
Presbyterian
Radford
UNC Asheville
USC Upstate
Winthrop

SoCon:
ETSU
Furman
Mercer
UNC Greensboro
VMI
Wofford

Well certainly don't take any personal responsibility for your program's mediocre football, horrible basketball, and complete and utter lack of anything resembling fan support. We would only want soccer because it's the only thing worth salvaging from FIU. You act like we did this and that to you but you did it to yourself over the last decade, since 2011. You were brought in as a backfill afterthought, not as a main course. And you did nothing in that time to show any gratitude for the last chance addition. I mean if you want to go all brutally honest FIU was lucky to be invited to CUSA, made no commitment to improve the conference or it's own institution, and as last one in, will also be last one out because no one wants you.

Don't give me this is everyone's fault but ours BS. I don't even recall seeing you around here as a fan during game seasons, interacting with other fans of the conference. Totally detached from CUSA yet expect some kind of loyalty from them. You want reasons? Go find a mirror pal.
10-23-2021 12:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.