Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WKU Fans.....
Bookmark and Share
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
WKU Fans.....
Hearing that Marshall pulled for WKU's inclusion but Sunbelt told us no. Hope you guys land on your feet in a good situation. Hopefully the Mac rumors are true. Unfortunately I dont have many contacts anymore with the Mac to confirm but I will reach out to the few people I know and see if they have heard anything.
10-22-2021 12:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: WKU Fans.....
Yeah keep us posted! 03-thumbsup
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2021 12:52 PM by HiddenDragon.)
10-22-2021 12:52 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(10-22-2021 12:51 PM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  Hearing that Marshall pulled for WKU's inclusion but Sunbelt told us no. Hope you guys land on your feet in a good situation. Hopefully the Mac rumors are true. Unfortunately I dont have many contacts anymore with the Mac to confirm but I will reach out to the few people I know and see if they have heard anything.

Not surprised, pretty easy to see SB did not want us back. We are bigger than a conference, we will continue to win in all sports and see what happens in 2-5 years..
10-22-2021 12:53 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
If this is true this is a damn shame.

Sun Belt west block of schools are idiots if true. It seems as if everyone else on the east approved of y'all as well.

I'm hoping for a last-minute surprise, that JMU has reservations, or that the Sun Belt will see the light an offer the olive branch to you instead of JMU.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2021 12:58 PM by rileylives.)
10-22-2021 12:58 PM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
I dont think WKU has votes from the pre-2013 SBC schools.. sorry WKU. Memory is too fresh.
10-22-2021 01:04 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
I'm relieved. I had no desire for WKU to return to the SBC. Yes, that's true. The SBC is a fine conference with a solid football pedigree but WKU is a multi-sport program and that's not what the SBC is about. We will land on our feet as we have done before. I don't know what that will be but there's too much pride and success imbedded in our DNA to fail. We will continue to excel.

I'll miss Marshall and am sincerely appreciative that you fought for us and I've been happy with the short-lived rivalry we developed. Hopefully we can get ya'll scheduled occasionally in the coming years.
10-22-2021 01:17 PM
Advertisement

Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
WKU Fans.....
(10-22-2021 01:17 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  I'm relieved. I had no desire for WKU to return to the SBC. Yes, that's true. The SBC is a fine conference with a solid football pedigree but WKU is a multi-sport program and that's not what the SBC is about. We will land on our feet as we have done before. I don't know what that will be but there's too much pride and success imbedded in our DNA to fail. We will continue to excel.

I'll miss Marshall and am sincerely appreciative that you fought for us and I've been happy with the short-lived rivalry we developed. Hopefully we can get ya'll scheduled occasionally in the coming years.

As a neutral University of Houston fan coming to re-live the nostalgia of our cusa days I must say I am impressed with what WKU has accomplished. I remember when your football program was routinely in the espn bottom 10 and a laughing stock. It’s good to see a program turn it around. Trust me when I say UH fans know what being knocked down and left spinning your wheels feels like.

Honestly I would be very surprised if the MAC doesn’t take y’all. The MAC if they are smart smells blood and they will see an opportunity to kill a rival conference. While at the same time bringing in a solid program that will boost theirs. I’d also be surprised if the didn’t take Middle Tennessee for a good conference rivalry made for tv.

Sent from the Warp via the ruinous powers of Chaos!
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2021 01:29 PM by Westhoff123.)
10-22-2021 01:28 PM
freshtop Offline
All American

Is what it is. Marshall is a good fit for the SBC. I understand ODU coming along as well given the state of C-USA, even if basketball wise they might not enjoy it so much. Best of luck to you guys and ODU (and USM for that matter). No hard feelings here.
10-22-2021 01:28 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
(10-22-2021 01:28 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(10-22-2021 01:17 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  I'm relieved. I had no desire for WKU to return to the SBC. Yes, that's true. The SBC is a fine conference with a solid football pedigree but WKU is a multi-sport program and that's not what the SBC is about. We will land on our feet as we have done before. I don't know what that will be but there's too much pride and success imbedded in our DNA to fail. We will continue to excel.

As a neutral University of Houston fan coming to re-live the nostalgia of our cusa days I must say I am impressed with what WKU has accomplished. I remember when your football program was routinely in the espn bottom 10 and a laughing stock. It’s good to see a program turn it around. Trust me when I say UH fans know what being knocked down and left spinning your wheels feels like.

Honestly I would be very surprised if the MAC doesn’t take y’all. The MAC if they are smart smells blood and they will see an opportunity to kill a rival conference. While at the same time bringing in a solid program that will boost theirs. I’d also be surprised if the didn’t take Middle Tennessee for a good conference rivalry made for tv.

Yep, when we had our transition to FBS will loaded up our schedule with a bunch of money games (4 P5 schools and 3 Top 25 teams in 2008). Then went winless in our first year as a full fledged FBS team (2009).. (we had redshirted everyone in order to plan for the future). In 2010 we went 2-10 but by 2011 we finally were ready for FBS and had a winning record...since then...multiple bowls, finishing in the top 2 or 3 spot in the leagues nearly ever since. Two CUSA Conference Championships and consistently a competitor. Those transition years were difficult to watch but moving to FBS was worth every ounce of pain we suffered through.
10-22-2021 01:37 PM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

(10-22-2021 12:58 PM)rileylives Wrote:  If this is true this is a damn shame.

Sun Belt west block of schools are idiots if true. It seems as if everyone else on the east approved of y'all as well.

I'm hoping for a last-minute surprise, that JMU has reservations, or that the Sun Belt will see the light an offer the olive branch to you instead of JMU.

Its true and I hate it for WKU. When I started the "I'm spilling the beans" thread a few days ago I was told it was WKU that was going with us. Thats why I was shocked when it was reported that it was JMU instead of WKU. No disrespect for JMU. WKU evidently didn't get enough votes. Something good will work out. WKU is a solid all around program. I'm guessing they go to the Mac and I also bet Marshall schedules WKU for football and basketball games in the future.
10-22-2021 01:41 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

WKU Fans.....
(10-22-2021 01:37 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  

Yep, when we had our transition to FBS will loaded up our schedule with a bunch of money games (4 P5 schools and 3 Top 25 teams in 2008). Then went winless in our first year as a full fledged FBS team (2009).. (we had redshirted everyone in order to plan for the future). In 2010 we went 2-10 but by 2011 we finally were ready for FBS and had a winning record...since then...multiple bowls, finishing in the top 2 or 3 spot in the leagues nearly ever since. Two CUSA Conference Championships and consistently a competitor. Those transition years were difficult to watch but moving to FBS was worth every ounce of pain we suffered through.

Unfortunately I think this is the end for cusa. I think we may even start seeing some teams realize they can’t cut it at the fbs level and drop down to the fcs level.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2021 01:42 PM by Westhoff123.)
10-22-2021 01:41 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

OUr clown president just said WKU is still in negotiations and anything said wont be on Twitter...
10-22-2021 01:42 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(10-22-2021 01:41 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(10-22-2021 01:37 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  

Unfortunately I think this is the end for cusa. I think we may even start seeing some teams realize they can’t cut it at the fbs level and drop down to the fcs level.

Dropping FB entirely is more financially viable than FCS. There's actually starting to be enough FBS independents that just from a pure scheduling perspective you'd probably be able to get by ok at this point.
10-22-2021 01:45 PM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
I think one of the reasons this took so long is Marshall was pushing hard for WKU until the very last minute. I too was told early on that WKU would be joining. It's very unfortunate and I have to say this is bitter sweet right now. I LOVE sharing a conference with WKU and I hope we can continue to play each other OOC.

If you guys join the MAC then you guys will be my favorite MAC team by far.
10-22-2021 01:49 PM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

(10-22-2021 01:42 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  OUr clown president just said WKU is still in negotiations and anything said wont be on Twitter...

If he's smart, he takes a MAC offer if it's on the table. I would likely take that over considering staying in CUSA at this point.
10-22-2021 01:53 PM
ballantyneapp Online
All American

I Root For: App

I would have been fine with WKU joining. I think WKU was a victim of hurt feelings from the legacy SBC West programs, and being a little far away and little history with the new SBC East programs.

I'm hopeful that all of the CUSA schools can find a home without resorting to getting into bed with Liberty.
10-22-2021 01:54 PM
Advertisement

MarshallHerdFanz Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
How most of you feel about WKU is how I feel about Charlotte. Hope we can schedule both regularly in every sport
10-22-2021 02:01 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
I'm glad to have an in-state rival again but really wish it could have worked out for you guys too. Belt basketball could use the help.
10-22-2021 02:02 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
The legacy remaining Sun Belt schools resent wkcc and MT more than any others, because they felt the league would survive better by focusing more easterly. It kind of forced their hand with schools like Texas St. There was also a misperception that we wanted to leave because of the schools, but it was a misunderstanding. We loved our rivalries with Troy and the Cajuns, for example. It was almost exclusively because of Karl Benson (who hated MT for some reason) and hoping for a better bowl situation, because we kept getting bowl eligible with no contracted bowl to go to. Little did we know we would end up with a Commissioner ******* worse than Benson.
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

WKU Fans.....
Not gonna lie but I was secretly rooting for WKU when they played s.miss in the championship game. When y’all beat them you guys become my team to root for on the few occasions I caught a cusa game or even paid attention for that matter.

Sorry s.miss but the pain of that 2011 loss will never fade.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2021 02:03 PM by Westhoff123.)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.