Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which of these Scenarios is Most Attractive
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
It seems these are the two most likely occurances:

ODU, Marshall, JMU, USM join the Sunbelt; Arkansas-Little Rock and Texas-Arlington get the boot

East has Marshall, ODU, JMU, Coastal, App, Georgia State, Georgia Southern

ODU/Marshall stay in CUSA, CUSA adds Liberty, JMU, CUSA loses Western Kentucky and Southern Miss.

At this point, I think we have to root for the Sunbelt even though it is possibly the weaker basketball conference.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2021 05:18 PM by Gilesfan.)
10-21-2021 05:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODU12 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Which of these Scenarios is Most Attractive
ODU/JMU/Marshall/Coastal/App/GA State/GA Southern

I don’t care which conference, what it’s called, i want to play with these teams.

1 bid vs 1 bid basketball, and if we build up our rivalries the games can bring more fans which leads to better recruiting. Basketball has more games to schedule OOC rivalries with good basketball schools to help offset RPI.
10-21-2021 05:31 PM
bench jockey Online
1st String

Door #1, Monty
10-21-2021 05:33 PM
ODUalum78 Offline
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
I would rather not have to compete with JMU for recruits.
Liberty likely goes after a different type of student than we do.

I doubt that anyone "gets the boot", but I could see a firewalled division seperation.

Curiously, the CCU BOT called an emergency meeting for 4:30 this afternoon to "discuss contractual matters" That probbably has nothing to do with all this, but it COULD...
....vote on Liberty?
....vote on CUSA offer?
05-stirthepot

My preferred outcome, for right now (could change in a minute if more information is released) would be to have Marshall, ODU, Liberty, and WKU go to the SBC.
if there was chance of UTEP leaving and a number of SBC programs, including APP, GaSp, GaSt, and CCU coming to CUSA, I would like that as well.
10-21-2021 05:44 PM
BigBlueMonarch Offline
King of All Things Unimportant

I Root For: Old Dominion University
Agreed #1 come on down. You are the next contestant on the price is right

Sent from my SM-G975U using CSNbbs mobile app
10-21-2021 05:49 PM
VB Monarch Offline
All American

I like #1

"Arkansas-Little Rock and Texas-Arlington get the boot" has this even been rumored?
10-21-2021 06:05 PM
Advertisement

VB Monarch Offline
All American

(10-21-2021 05:44 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  I would rather not have to compete with JMU for recruits.

I doubt that anyone "gets the boot", but I could see a firewalled division seperation.

Curiously, the CCU BOT called an emergency meeting for 4:30 this afternoon to "discuss contractual matters" That probbably has nothing to do with all this, but it COULD...
....vote on Liberty?
....vote on CUSA offer?
05-stirthepot

My preferred outcome, for right now (could change in a minute if more information is released) would be to have Marshall, ODU, Liberty, and WKU go to the SBC.
if there was chance of UTEP leaving and a number of SBC programs, including APP, GaSp, GaSt, and CCU coming to CUSA, I would like that as well.

I certainly understand, but isn't recruiting competition one of the elements usually found in a fierce rivalry?
10-21-2021 06:12 PM
ODUalum78 Offline

(10-21-2021 06:12 PM)VB Monarch Wrote:  
(10-21-2021 05:44 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  I would rather not have to compete with JMU for recruits.

....vote on Liberty?
....vote on CUSA offer?
05-stirthepot

I certainly understand, but isn't recruiting competition one of the elements usually found in a fierce rivalry?

I'd rather forgo that "fierce rivalry" in order to best be prepared for likes of VT, UVA, MU, and a run at whichever conference championship is applicable.
04-cheers
10-21-2021 06:26 PM
ODU-Z8 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion, Sun Belt
Recruiting is a thing, but yeah ...

That Sun Belt East lineup is fierce, and exactly what we've been looking for. The only team left in CUSA I'd outright miss is WKU.

I like the other CUSA teams, don't get me wrong. We were in it together. But man. I have not forgiven Georgia Southern. I want to give them some beatings.

Olympic sports may take a hit but I'm really not sure about that. Coastal baseball had a higher ranking metric than ours, so baseball clearly won't be dead. Georgia state is a respected BBall school, while in the Belt. With Marshall and us, no way BBall will be dead, regardless of what the other Belters joke on their forum.

Besides, in this scenario CUSA is crippled, and will create a vacuum the Belt will probably fill.

I'd say option 1 is in our best interest, and Marshall's
10-21-2021 06:38 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-21-2021 06:05 PM)VB Monarch Wrote:  I like #1

"Arkansas-Little Rock and Texas-Arlington get the boot" has this even been rumored?

They would
10-21-2021 06:59 PM
Monarch1987 Offline
Bench Warmer

....vote on Liberty?
....vote on CUSA offer?
05-stirthepot

In what hemisphere does LU go after a certain brand of student? They have no academic standards and answer to no one even the NCAA. Their money shuts anyone and everyone up. They obviously had no criteria when hiring a football coach and athletic director. I will be so glad when this love affair with Liberty ends. Good god get off of their tit. They could give two $hits about ODU.
10-21-2021 07:01 PM
Advertisement

ODUalum78 Offline

(10-21-2021 07:01 PM)Monarch1987 Wrote:  

....vote on Liberty?
....vote on CUSA offer?
05-stirthepot

In what hemisphere does LU go after a certain brand of student? They have no academic standards and answer to no one even the NCAA. Their money shuts anyone and everyone up. They obviously had no criteria when hiring a football coach and athletic director. I will be so glad when this love affair with Liberty ends. Good god get off of their tit. They could give two $hits about ODU.
I was trying to be delicate.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk
10-21-2021 07:04 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

#2 and I don’t think we’d lose WKU. I’d like the Sunbelt East better if there wasn’t a Sunbelt West. It’s CUSA all over again with better football. Doesn’t save any money on travel nor bring in more revenue. Just sweeping sand from one side of the room to another. Better than be left with nothing but still sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-21-2021 07:11 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

....vote on Liberty?
....vote on CUSA offer?
05-stirthepot

Would you prefer that over Liberty Coastal and App to CUSA with no Western division?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-21-2021 07:13 PM
bit_9 Offline

(10-21-2021 06:59 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(10-21-2021 06:05 PM)VB Monarch Wrote:  I like #1

They would
And it had already been rumored and discussed a few weeks ago. I think that's in the works.
10-21-2021 07:16 PM
monarx Online
Hall of Famer

(10-21-2021 07:01 PM)Monarch1987 Wrote:  

....vote on Liberty?
....vote on CUSA offer?
05-stirthepot

Liberty goes after the student who wants a faith based, conservative leaning education and has access to a lot of money… and a pulse. But it is different, as ODU doesn’t offer a faith based, conservative leaning education. I’ve known quite a few people and peoples kids who went there. It’s fine for what it is. Most really liked it and are more engaged than most ODU grads I know. They all have good jobs etc. Pretty big difference between online and on campus. You are Right about not answering to anyone though, and that is a big advantage
10-21-2021 07:16 PM
Advertisement

bit_9 Offline

And I'd prefer number 1 as a fan. As a fan it's not my job to recruit so I just hope we hire someone who can. And right now based on everything I've heard I'd put RR up against anyone in the state recruiting.
10-21-2021 07:18 PM
monarx Online
Hall of Famer

Out of those two options, I’d pick the Sun Belt. If we could convince JMU, LU, App and CCU to come to CUSA and keep WKU, I’d like that even better. But I think that ship has sailed, so gotta take the last train out and hopefully join the SB w JMU and Marshall.
10-21-2021 07:20 PM
ODU-Z8 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion, Sun Belt
I agree I'd rather take WKU than JMU to the Belt with us, if possible. But we aren't exactly driving this bus. We are lucky to be in the conversation as one of the leading options, despite our recent football results. The Belt puts it in no uncertain terms- they want football success.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2021 07:25 PM by ODU-Z8.)
10-21-2021 07:24 PM
Monarch Pride Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bleed Blue!
CUSA by a mile. It would be solid in both football and basketball. And I could see it being a two bid league given the departure of the RPI killers.
10-21-2021 07:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.