Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NIH Letter Made Public - Fauci Lied to Congress
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos

Quote:Letter Made Public Today — NIH corrects untruthful assertions by NIH Director Collins and Director Fauci that NIH had not funded gain-of-function research in Wuhan. NIH states that EcoHealth Alliance violated Terms and Conditions of NIH grant AI110964.

You can see the letter at the link.

https://populist.press/bombshell-nih-let...-congress/

With the current administration in place, why do I feel that nothing happens to Fauci or Collins?
10-21-2021 01:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
RE: NIH Letter Made Public - Fauci Lied to Congress
I thought lying to congress was a crime of some kind?
10-21-2021 01:24 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(10-21-2021 01:24 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  I thought lying to congress was a crime of some kind?

Only against Republican supporters the rest get a pass.
10-21-2021 01:47 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(10-21-2021 01:24 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  I thought lying to congress was a crime of some kind?

Only former baseball pitchers.
10-21-2021 01:57 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State

10-21-2021 02:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Remembering Those Journalists Who Helped Cover for Anthony Fauci’s ‘Gain-of-Function’ Misdirection

Quote:A Wednesday letter from top NIH official Lawrence Tabak revealed that Dr. Anthony Fauci was wrong — and Senator Rand Paul was right: The NIH did fund gain-of-function viral research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology through the U.S. research non-profit EcoHealth Alliance.

According to Tabak, a “limited experiment” funded by the NIH, and carried out by EcoHealth Alliance, was conducted to see if “spike proteins from naturally occurring bat coronaviruses circulating in China were capable of binding to the human ACE2 receptor in a mouse model.” The altered virus made the mice it was tested in “sicker,” according to Tabak’s letter.

Fauci and Paul have sparred over Paul’s contention that the NIH had, through a grant issued to EcoHealth, funded gain-of-function research on coronaviruses at the Chinese lab. Paul’s argument, that NIH money was used to make bat coronaviruses more dangerous and/or transmissible in humans, has now been confirmed. And Fauci’s argument, that the research being done doesn’t constitute “gain of function” under the NIH’s narrow definition, has been exposed as a semantic trick. The letter also vindicates Dr. Richard Ebright, who told National Review in May that the Wuhan research described in leaked grant proposals “epitomizes” gain-of-function research.

Paul and his argument were pilloried not just by Fauci — “you do not know what you are talking about,” “if anybody is lying here, Senator, it is you!” “…you are entirely and completely incorrect, the NIH has not ever and does not now fund gain-of-function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology” — but also by many in the media who reflexively sided with Fauci:

CNN’s Brianna Keilar, May 2021: “Nothing brings out Senator Paul’s propensity to act like an ass like a congressional appearance by Fauci, and that is really saying something. . . . Like Elvis’s Kentucky rain, Rand Paul’s COVID BS keeps pouring down, and it’s enough to fill the swimming pool in the Senate gym.”

Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler, May 2021: “We wavered between Two and Three Pinocchios, but decided on Two, because there still are enough questions about the work at the Wuhan lab to warrant further scrutiny, even if the NIH connection to possible gain-of-function research appears so far to be elusive.” Kessler went on to allege that Paul, not Fauci, had created a “false, misleading impression by playing with words and using legalistic language that means little to ordinary people.”

AG Garland Denies School-Board Memo Represents Conflict-of-Interest Given Family Ties to Progressive Ed Company

China Suspends Celtics Broadcast after Star Player Condemns Beijing’s ‘Cultural Genocide’ in Tibet

NIH Admits to Funding Gain-of-Function Research in Wuhan, Says EcoHealth Violated Reporting Requirements

Top Dem Senator Reveals Third Attempt to Nest Amnesty for Millions of Illegal Immigrants in Reconciliation Bill

Ilhan Omar Says Senate Democrats Obstructing Effort to Eliminate Filibuster ‘Are Killing our Democracy’

NEWS
POLITICS & POLICY
Remembering Those Journalists Who Helped Cover for Anthony Fauci’s ‘Gain-of-Function’ Misdirection
By ISAAC SCHORR
October 21, 2021 2:03 PM
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Flipboard
Email this article
Print this article

Dr. Anthony Fauci speaks during a Senate comittee hearing in Washington, D.C., July 20, 2021. (Stefani Reynolds/Reuters)

A Wednesday letter from top NIH official Lawrence Tabak revealed that Dr. Anthony Fauci was wrong — and Senator Rand Paul was right: The NIH did fund gain-of-function viral research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology through the U.S. research non-profit EcoHealth Alliance.

According to Tabak, a “limited experiment” funded by the NIH, and carried out by EcoHealth Alliance, was conducted to see if “spike proteins from naturally occurring bat coronaviruses circulating in China were capable of binding to the human ACE2 receptor in a mouse model.” The altered virus made the mice it was tested in “sicker,” according to Tabak’s letter.

Fauci and Paul have sparred over Paul’s contention that the NIH had, through a grant issued to EcoHealth, funded gain-of-function research on coronaviruses at the Chinese lab. Paul’s argument, that NIH money was used to make bat coronaviruses more dangerous and/or transmissible in humans, has now been confirmed. And Fauci’s argument, that the research being done doesn’t constitute “gain of function” under the NIH’s narrow definition, has been exposed as a semantic trick. The letter also vindicates Dr. Richard Ebright, who told National Review in May that the Wuhan research described in leaked grant proposals “epitomizes” gain-of-function research.

Paul and his argument were pilloried not just by Fauci — “you do not know what you are talking about,” “if anybody is lying here, Senator, it is you!” “…you are entirely and completely incorrect, the NIH has not ever and does not now fund gain-of-function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology” — but also by many in the media who reflexively sided with Fauci:

CNN’s Brianna Keilar, May 2021: “Nothing brings out Senator Paul’s propensity to act like an ass like a congressional appearance by Fauci, and that is really saying something. . . . Like Elvis’s Kentucky rain, Rand Paul’s COVID BS keeps pouring down, and it’s enough to fill the swimming pool in the Senate gym.”

Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler, May 2021: “We wavered between Two and Three Pinocchios, but decided on Two, because there still are enough questions about the work at the Wuhan lab to warrant further scrutiny, even if the NIH connection to possible gain-of-function research appears so far to be elusive.” Kessler went on to allege that Paul, not Fauci, had created a “false, misleading impression by playing with words and using legalistic language that means little to ordinary people.”

THE MORNING JOLT
Get Jim Geraghty’s tour of the political news of the day.

Email Address
CNN’s Jake Tapper, July 2021: “I want to start with another kind of misinformation, the constant MAGA media and Republican lawmakers’ attacks on health experts, especially Dr. Anthony Fauci. Today on Capitol Hill, Fauci was confronted with an accusation basically from Kentucky Republican Senator Rand Paul. . . . I don’t want to get into the details of what Senator Paul was attacking there and all that, but just the bigger picture here as a health professional we keep seeing this. Trump allies in Congress and governors’ offices and the media trying to make Fauci a COVID boogeyman. This is a 40-year public servant, he received the presidential medal of freedom . . .”

MSNBC’s Ari Melber, July 2021, concurring with Fauci’s characterization of Paul’s comments: “Slanderous. Interesting, yeah and I can understand it. These are very serious issues that people are working on.”

MSNBC’s Steve Benen, July 2021: “Rand Paul keeps doing this, apparently under the impression that there’s some value to the pointless exercises. . . . The overarching problem appears to be relatively straightforward: the former ophthalmologist genuinely seems to believe that he has unique and valuable insights, which frees him to reject the assessments of actual experts. . . . Is it any wonder that Anthony Fauci seems exasperated with Rand Paul?”

CNN’s Brian Stelter, July 2021, while flashing tweets from Paul on screen: “These GOP lawmakers’ minds are made up, as they call for Fauci’s resignation, thereby creating more content for GOP TV.”

White House press secretary Jen Psaki, September 2021: “NIH has never approved any research that would make a coronavirus more dangerous to humans.”

While Tabak took pains to rule out the possibility that the specific research described in his letter spawned COVID-19, citing genetic differences between the viral strains, he also conceded that EcoHealth was not transparent with the NIH. Rather than immediately informing the NIH that they had successfully bound a bat coronavirus to a human receptor, as they were required to, the Wuhan researchers concealed that fact until August 2021, a year and a half into the pandemic.

So, it’s possible that Tabak, Fauci, and their NIH colleagues were simply unaware of what was being done with taxpayer dollars in Wuhan.

Experts like Ebright have been arguing for months that Paul was correct and that Fauci was playing semantic games. Yet our most prominent media personalities ignored them.

CNN’s homepage does not presently acknowledge the letter, instead leading with the story “Liberal Backlash Against Sinema Grows.”
10-21-2021 02:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

10-21-2021 05:48 PM
Advertisement

maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Execute the little ****

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
10-21-2021 06:24 PM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(10-21-2021 06:24 PM)maximus Wrote:  Execute the little ****

This
10-21-2021 06:29 PM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I thought it got you your pension back
10-21-2021 06:30 PM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Democrats lie, cheat and break the law constantly because they know damn well nothing will ever happen them.
10-21-2021 06:57 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

scrubby scrub scrub

10-22-2021 04:28 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
E.x.e.c.u.t.i.o.n.

10-22-2021 04:50 PM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
If there's no criminal referral for this we know that neither side cares one damn thing about the rule of law.
10-22-2021 05:49 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Fauci Definitively Proves He's a Shameless, Lying Hack Who Needs to Be Prosecuted

Quote:Over the past few days, several big pieces of news broke in regards to Dr. Anthony Fauci. The nation’s leading “expert” on COVID-19, a title mostly given to him by political means, had previously had numerous battles with Sen. Rand Paul, among others, involving whether Fauci’s agency had funded gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Lab of Virology in China.

That’s important because such research could have directly or indirectly led to the creation of COVID-19. At the very least, giving US taxpayer dollars to a Chinese lab that was performing dangerous experiments should have been out of bounds.

For over a year, Fauci has steadfastly denied the allegation that any funding went toward gain-of-function research. That’s despite several pieces of evidence emerging that indicated otherwise. During one contentious debate, Fauci viciously accused Paul of lying.

Now, we know the truth after the NIH admitted that grant money had been used for gain-of-function research and that proper protocols had not been followed. This morning, Fauci was asked about that, and he proved once and for all that he’s a shameless, lying hack.

“Well, I obviously totally disagree with Senator Paul. He’s absolutely incorrect. Neither I nor Dr. Francis Collins, the director of the NIH lied or misled about what we’ve done.

The framework under which we have guidance about the conduct of research that we fund, the funding at the Wuhan Institute was to be able to determine what is out there in the environment, in bat viruses in China. And the research was very strictly under what we call a framework of oversight of the type of research.”

Fauci does not get to disagree with reality. The facts are out there, and they prove that the doctor lied to Congress multiple times. They also prove that Fauci is incredibly vindictive, in that he would so personally attack Rand Paul for simply telling the truth about what occurred.

Here’s Fauci’s exact quote to Congress, which is in direct conflict with the NIH letter that admitted to funding gain-of-function experiments in Wuhan.

Compare Fauci’s doubling down to the letter.

Lying to Congress is a crime. Fauci clearly lied to the Senate when he pointedly denied his agency had funded gain-of-function research. Instead of playing dumb and claiming he just wasn’t aware, he’s continuing to lie to a largely compliant media. It won’t happen because the Biden administration will protect him, but Fauci should absolutely be prosecuted. He has been a disaster in his position, just as he was during the AIDS crisis.

That this man still has a job, as the highest-paid government official no less, is absolutely gross. Never mind the revelations that his agency also brutally tortured dogs to conduct experiments. The pressure is on, and I hope it brings Fauci down. No one deserves it more than the most pompous, dishonest man in the federal government, and that’s saying something.
10-24-2021 12:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.