Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Bari Weiss Becomes All of Us in Debate With Brian Stelter Over Media Censorship
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Bari Weiss Becomes All of Us in Debate With Brian Stelter Over Media Censorship
Quote:Bari Weiss is an interesting character. Once a top writer for The New York Times, she was harassed and bullied by other employees of the highly woke institution until she finally resigned. In doing so, she spilled the beans on the Times’ toxic work environment and the complete intolerance of non-leftwing thought on its opinion pages, a problem that was supposed to be rectified by Weiss’ hiring, yet was only exacerbated upon her departure.

Weiss has landed on her feet and then some, though. She now has a massive Substack subscriber following which pays her far more than the Times ever did. One door closed and a 14-foot garage door opened in its place.

Yesterday, Weiss went on CNN to chat with Briant Stelter on the always ironically named Reliable Sources. In doing so, she became all of us.

She hits the nail on the head even if Stelter is loathed to hear it. I’ll get to him in a minute, but on the merits, there is absolutely an increasing majority of people who truly feel the world has “gone mad.” People are fired for speaking truths that were common just five years ago. Right now, you can get banned on every major social media site for saying that a man can’t become a woman.

On the topic of dissemination of information, Weiss notes that for over a year, mainstream news outlets and big tech labeled it a racist conspiracy theory to suggest COVID-19 escaped from a lab. Only recently has that imposition been lifted. The censoring of the Hunter Biden story was another example given.

Weiss also notes the excusing of rioting by networks like CNN and others during the summer of 2020 and the assertion that words are “violence” while actual violence isn’t denounced. In short, there is a dogmatic, “proper” way to cover topics according to the left, and they are dead set on being the arbiters of those standards. If you aren’t woke, the attempts to destroy you will follow, whether they are ultimately successful or not. And while Weiss had the resources to survive the onslaught, she ends by pointing out that many others haven’t been so lucky.

For his part, Stelter showed off his peak-mediocrity by trying to stump Weiss with the question of who is stopping people from saying the things she says are deemed off-limits. To her credit, she keeps her cool and further embarrasses him by checking off the many enforcement mechanisms controlled by the left.

Here’s how that went for Stelter.

In the end, Stelter’s refusal to admit the reality we now live in only further underscored Weiss’ point. Her massive following is also evidence of just how many people CNN and others have alienated while they laughably claim to not be pushing an agenda.

Regardless, for a few minutes at least, Weiss became all of us.

Link

I thought Tater was making those faces at his ratings.

10-19-2021 09:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
RE: Bari Weiss Becomes All of Us in Debate With Brian Stelter Over Media Censorship
Bari Weiss gives the impression of a person who is the virtual-embodiment of a Hillary Clinton / Pete Buttigieg voter. And yet, even she is able to see what’s wrong with the media today. If only CNN’s in-house media-critic could do the same.
10-19-2021 10:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
RE: Bari Weiss Becomes All of Us in Debate With Brian Stelter Over Media Censorship
"And they were all preventable, everyone of them". Well, not if your plan is to destroy a republic.
10-19-2021 10:10 AM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Bari Weiss has a made a turn the last 2 years.
10-19-2021 10:10 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
I saw snippets of her interview on Steve Turley's channel. She did a great job.

The one thing that grated on me... Potato Head's constant, "Mmm."

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2021 11:17 AM by umbluegray.)
10-19-2021 10:15 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(10-19-2021 10:10 AM)fsquid Wrote:  Bari Weiss has a made a turn the last 2 years.
It’s one thing to look at media and read about somebody getting fired, or sued, or punished in other some way for speaking forbidden words, or for holding forbidden opinions, acknowledging forbidden facts, etc. But when they come after *You*, and begin to disrupt your own life, your own work/job status, it’s probably difficult to ignore it and keep moving along as if nothing had happened.

It seems as if that happened to Bari Weiss, and if it did, having been raised in a secular-Jewish family, having graduated from Columbia Univ. in NYC, living in a same-sex “marriage”, etc. — all that won’t be enough to shield her eyes from what’s really going on around her and the rest of the country.
10-19-2021 10:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.