Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

pigDOGS
Bookmark and Share
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CMU CHIPPEWAS

Crappies
pigDOGS
Any thoughts? We need better play calling, and lots of wind to help our secondary.
10-17-2021 06:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Payday & Friday
RE: pigDOGS
It doesn’t appear that NIU’s passing game is very good. Which helps us, because our pass defense is horrible at times. But our defense is pretty good against the run.

I could see Lew Nichols getting a heavy work load at running the ball on Saturday. I’m still amazed that CMU leads the MAC in passing so far this season. We are much better at running the ball than throwing it, it seems to me.

Stat wise, CMU matches up well against NIU’s strength and weaknesses.

I think I saw the line is CMU favored by 5.5.

So that means it will probably go to OT with a field goal deciding it either way. Or, NIU passes all day on our DBs and we lose by 20+.
10-18-2021 06:28 AM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
Our kickers/punters should enter/exit the field on a golf cart (don't want anything to happen to those precious feet/legs). Also, they should have their own tent on the sideline to keep them comfortable from the elements.
10-18-2021 08:20 AM
ChipsNbeer Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: CMU Chippewas
NIU is a pretty decent road team so I don't think it will be an easy game for Central, that being said Central has matched up well against the Huskies for a while and they seem to play well against them (knock on wood).

I really dislike the NIU QB Lombardi (former MSU) I hope the Chip defense can ruin his return to Michigan and wreck his day.

Fire Up Chips!
10-18-2021 10:09 AM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(10-18-2021 10:09 AM)ChipsNbeer Wrote:  NIU is a pretty decent road team so I don't think it will be an easy game for Central, that being said Central has matched up well against the Huskies for a while and they seem to play well against them (knock on wood).

I really dislike the NIU QB Lombardi (former MSU) I hope the Chip defense can ruin his return to Michigan and wreck his day.

Fire Up Chips!

His return to Michigan was already ruined when we played Michigan. Lombardi seems ok but way too inconsistent. He makes nice passes sometimes but then misses by 5 yards. A couple of the interceptions weren't his fault, but he still has a ways to go, and I'm not optimistic there is much improvement in his future.
10-18-2021 11:13 AM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
Mr. Voltaire is correct. While I wish Vince's great-great-great grandson no ill-will, he better know how to dump the ball quickly, and/or run like hell. TURDledo's Finn, was sacked seven times and rushed on several other occasions.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2021 12:29 PM by CHIPPEWA ENEMA.)
10-18-2021 12:28 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(10-18-2021 12:28 PM)CHIPPEWA ENEMA Wrote:  Mr. Voltaire is correct. While I wish Vince's great-great-great grandson no ill-will, he better know how to dump the ball quickly, and/or run like hell. TURDledo's Finn, was sacked seven times and rushed on several other occasions.

Our O-line is better than Toledo's though.
10-18-2021 01:00 PM
Advertisement

CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
The blitzkrieg cometh!
10-18-2021 01:55 PM
Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Payday & Friday
It is really strange how close some of the stats from this season so far are exact opposites of each of these teams strengths, right down to avg points scored vs avg points allowed by each defense. They run the ball better and our defensive strength is stopping the run.

The one thing that sticks out though is that NIU's passing yds so far this season are way below most other teams in the MAC while CMU leads the league in passing yards. But CMU struggles to defend the pass and NIU struggles to throw the ball.

That being said, if NIU has ANY wrs that can outjump our dbs for a jump ball thrown up by their qb, it could be a long day for CMU's defense.
10-18-2021 02:43 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(10-18-2021 02:43 PM)Warhawks222 Wrote:  It is really strange how close some of the stats from this season so far are exact opposites of each of these teams strengths, right down to avg points scored vs avg points allowed by each defense. They run the ball better and our defensive strength is stopping the run.

The one thing that sticks out though is that NIU's passing yds so far this season are way below most other teams in the MAC while CMU leads the league in passing yards. But CMU struggles to defend the pass and NIU struggles to throw the ball.

That being said, if NIU has ANY wrs that can outjump our dbs for a jump ball thrown up by their qb, it could be a long day for CMU's defense.

We're not big at WR, generally. Ritchie and Randolph have both caught nice passes in traffic but they're not really the outjumping type from what I've seen. Anyway, jump balls don't play well in our wind tunnel.

On that note, we probably would have thrown the ball more against BG except that it was quite windy (based on the coach's post-game comments). Just about every time they teed up the football for a kickoff, the wind knocked it off the tee. But that's DeKalb, we really should be able to handle it better. Lombardi seems like he usually has a tight spiral at least, but I could be wrong. BG didn't have much success throwing accurately, not sure how much of that was the wind. They threw long more than I would have guessed.
10-18-2021 03:36 PM
Advertisement

CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
Kelly/Shorts is no stranger to wind. It's very much like what you have. As usual, this will be a very close game.
10-18-2021 05:58 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(10-18-2021 05:58 PM)CHIPPEWA ENEMA Wrote:  Kelly/Shorts is no stranger to wind. It's very much like what you have. As usual, this will be a very close game.

Yea, coach Hammock almost seems like he wants close games. How bout we get a QB that can throw so we can win by more than a TD. Not sure my heart can take it every week.
10-18-2021 06:25 PM
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
(10-18-2021 12:28 PM)CHIPPEWA ENEMA Wrote:  Mr. Voltaire is correct. While I wish Vince's great-great-great grandson no ill-will, he better know how to dump the ball quickly, and/or run like hell. TURDledo's Finn, was sacked seven times and rushed on several other occasions.

Your correct spelling of the Rocket's hometown is duly noted and appreciated.
10-22-2021 12:14 PM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
Your welcome, Your Honor.
10-22-2021 05:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.