CBS Article - Cincinnati charging into playoff picture
Bookmark and Share
BigDawg Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

10-14-2021 04:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

I Root For: bearcats
RE: CBS Article - Cincinnati charging into playoff picture
Nothing new in this article.

10-14-2021 05:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
“As such, Fickell may not be long for the program that gave him his shot at redemption.“

Even threw in that he’s represented by super agent Jimmy Sexton who basically controls any big job search. They just can’t resist...it’s like there is a template.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2021 05:22 PM by rath v2.0.)
10-14-2021 05:21 PM
UCBearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(10-14-2021 05:21 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  “As such, Fickell may not be long for the program that gave him his shot at redemption.“

Even threw in that he’s represented by super agent Jimmy Sexton who basically controls any big job search. They just can’t resist...it’s like there is a template.

Where is he going to other than the very elite programs or the NFL. Seriously the list of programs better than UC is basically the top 5 percent of the sport. To be honest I am not sure Michigan State and Tennessee are the step up they were for Mark Dantonio or Butch Jones. Notre Dame, Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State would qualify.

This isn’t the same old UC. For some it’s hard to realize that the 30 plus year of investing in athletics has lead to this.

10-14-2021 05:35 PM
Advertisement

MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(10-14-2021 05:35 PM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  
(10-14-2021 05:21 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  “As such, Fickell may not be long for the program that gave him his shot at redemption.“

Where is he going to other than the very elite programs or the NFL. Seriously the list of programs better than UC is basically the top 5 percent of the sport. To be honest I am not sure Michigan State and Tennessee are the step up they were for Mark Dantonio or Butch Jones. Notre Dame, Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State would qualify.

This isn’t the same old UC. For some it’s hard to realize that the 30 plus year of investing in athletics has lead to this.

Butch Jones was whoring himself out to likes of Colorado and Purdue. He was lucky to land at a third-tier SEC school like Tennessee.

10-14-2021 05:48 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS

Michigan? No way!

PSU no Catholic Schools.

10-14-2021 08:39 PM
geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
(10-14-2021 08:39 PM)doss2 Wrote:  

Michigan? No way!

PSU no Catholic Schools.

Can't believe you didn't mention Amy, or give the mileage to the nearest Catholic high school. You're off your game.

10-14-2021 08:48 PM
Advertisement

geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
There have been some amazing pieces written about our program this year. This isn't one of them. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

10-14-2021 08:49 PM
ucbandguy Offline
Special Teams

(10-14-2021 08:49 PM)geef Wrote:  There have been some amazing pieces written about our program this year. This isn't one of them. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

I understand and appreciate how hard it is to be a writer who needs to submit a new article every day or several days a week. Especially if you are not given the budget or other resources (including time) to research each article properly. It isn't always "just" laziness, but the word kind of creeps into your thoughts.

All too often articles seem to be a rehash of other articles from writers who have not done their research either. (Can you say echo chamber?)

10-15-2021 08:12 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(10-15-2021 08:12 AM)ucbandguy Wrote:  
(10-14-2021 08:49 PM)geef Wrote:  There have been some amazing pieces written about our program this year. This isn't one of them. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

I understand and appreciate how hard it is to be a writer who needs to submit a new article every day or several days a week. Especially if you are not given the budget or other resources (including time) to research each article properly. It isn't always "just" laziness, but the word kind of creeps into your thoughts.

All too often articles seem to be a rehash of other articles from writers who have not done their research either. (Can you say echo chamber?)

Yep. That's why the Pete Thamel piece was so remarkable. He came to Cincinnati; he traveled to Bloomington and he went in-depth, not just with Fickell but with other key individuals who are making this program what it is.

I see Channel 9 is doing a half hour pre-game special at 11:30 tomorrow with the game on their station. Channel 5 did the same post-game when the 'Cats were on NBC beating the Irish. In my mind, our local TV has been "late to the game" in realizing and covering what Luke has done. But this year has changed everything. And I think we'd be hard pressed to argue that UC football has ever had local and national media attention like this EVER before.

10-15-2021 10:01 AM
Advertisement

Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC

But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Each new piece exposes a different part of the public to this information.

Not everyone follows ESPN. There's a lot of people that only follow their one favorite news source and nothing else.

10-15-2021 10:05 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(10-15-2021 10:01 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  

Yep. That's why the Pete Thamel piece was so remarkable. He came to Cincinnati; he traveled to Bloomington and he went in-depth, not just with Fickell but with other key individuals who are making this program what it is.

I see Channel 9 is doing a half hour pre-game special at 11:30 tomorrow with the game on their station. Channel 5 did the same post-game when the 'Cats were on NBC beating the Irish. In my mind, our local TV has been "late to the game" in realizing and covering what Luke has done. But this year has changed everything. And I think we'd be hard pressed to argue that UC football has ever had local and national media attention like this EVER before.

Thamel is the best national CFB writer in the business right now. Guys like Dennis Dodds, Stewart Mandel, and Brett McMurphy have been caught with their pants down jumping on bad sources and having a lot of bias. If Thamel breaks a story, pretty much lock it in as happening.

10-15-2021 11:05 AM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
I'm enjoying the increase in attention even if we have to hear more of the lazy talking points peppered in

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

10-15-2021 12:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.