UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Those could be the worst refs I have ever seen.
Cbass33 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Uab
Those could be the worst refs I have ever seen.
https://www.vivathematadors.com/2015/11/...-grounding
I want to discuss the intentional grounding penalty. Does it change the rule if it is not the quarterback who throws the ball? The rule clearly states if the ball is thrown outside the tackles then it is not intentional grounding. I counted 5 really boneheaded calls. I know being a ref is difficult, but they do get paid well. They need to at least know the rules.
I also want your opinion on the FAU touchdown that was reviewed. It appeared from the re-lay that the FAU player was clearly out of bounds when he extended the ball. Did anyone have a better view?
10-09-2021 06:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Those could be the worst refs I have ever seen.
On the TD, there was no camera along the goal line and so no way to conclusively show where the ball was when he stepped out. So just no view to overturn the call on the field. Had he been called short on the field, it would have stood that way as well.

On the grounding call I have no idea.
10-09-2021 07:17 PM
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
Apparently, the grounding call was correct. Once the person who receives the snap gives the ball away, you must have an intended target. One of my followers on Twitter pointed it out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnatio...-ncaa-2017
10-10-2021 06:36 AM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
Yeah, the grounding was correct.
On the TD, he clearly stepped out. BUT I don’t think his foot actually touched down out of bounds until after he extended the ball. Either way, it was close enough that whatever was called on the field was going to stand

I didn’t have much issue with the officiating
10-10-2021 08:57 AM
linus Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Grounding rules have been "clarified" to the point that I don't know what it is any more. I see receivers in the general vicinity but because the QB is in the grasp if the ball goes to a weird place it's grounding. If you throw it out of bounds....

I don't know which is more of a pain, grounding or targeting
10-10-2021 09:06 AM
Advertisement

DuelingDragon Offline
All American

Cusa officiating is often incompetent even when they get the call right. I thought they got the grounding right. In general, not only with UaB games but every conference game I watch, any ball over 30 yards is about 50-50 it will draw a flag. If I was an OC I would chuck it deep on any third down longer than 10 and let them bail me out. They will about half the time. It is horrible viewing. Compare it to any SEC or Big Ten game sometime and you will see such a marked difference. In those leagues they let WRs and DBs play. It just ruins everything sbout cusa football because we end up with ridiculous drives being extended and official huddles about every other series to watch some 3rd-and-12 be converted on PI called by a ref on the other side of the field.
10-10-2021 12:07 PM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

With all that said, I am really tired of UAB corners being so handsy and never turning back o make a play on the ball. We make it easy to get the call even when it is clean.

And my god, we need to be more self aware on 3rd downs.
10-10-2021 12:10 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Way too many PI calls that would not have been called if the DB looked back for the ball. Darn near every game we get one of those.
10-10-2021 10:18 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Sone of our. DBs technique is not very good. We earned most of the PI calls this season. TD and Starling look good though.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021 11:45 AM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
10-11-2021 11:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.