41.7 5-12 0-0 3-3 0-4 2-5 0-0 44 54 56 69 2018

10-04-2021 05:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Z-Fly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Cole Smith or what?
He ain't great, but I assume Fick is putting his best guy out there. I don't know what else you do.

He has lots of trouble from the Right hash. You can game plan around that. Other than that, I guess you have to cross your fingers.

10-04-2021 05:57 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(10-04-2021 05:57 AM)Z-Fly Wrote:  He ain't great, but I assume Fick is putting his best guy out there. I don't know what else you do.

He has lots of trouble from the Right hash. You can game plan around that. Other than that, I guess you have to cross your fingers.

Was telling me dad this- this isn’t the NFL, you can’t cut Smith and pick up a new kicker on the waiver wire. For this season you are going to have dance with the girl you bright to the dance.

10-04-2021 07:14 AM
dave108 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: cincy
(10-04-2021 05:57 AM)Z-Fly Wrote:  He ain't great, but I assume Fick is putting his best guy out there. I don't know what else you do.

the second missed FG, that clanged off the left upright, was kicked from the middle of the field. - ford ran the ball on third down, to center it for the placement. they didn't really try to get the first down - they were trying to set smith up with a straight on kick.

10-04-2021 07:20 AM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(10-04-2021 07:20 AM)dave108 Wrote:  

the second missed FG, that clanged off the left upright, was kicked from the middle of the field. - ford ran the ball on third down, to center it for the placement. they didn't really try to get the first down - they were trying to set smith up with a straight on kick.

And the first missed field goal was from the left hash. So it seems to me that he has troubles from everywhere. And I don't agree that there's nothing that can be done. Surely there's a former high school kicker out there somewhere that can consistently make field goals from inside 40 yards. Even if the kid can't kick from distance. We've got kids in our little D7 high school conference that can make 35 yarders more consistently. Heck, what school was it a couple years ago (Bama or LSU) that replaced their kicker with some kid they saw kick at halftime to win a prize.

10-04-2021 07:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
Bales does the kick offs already. They should at least give him a look at kicker.

10-04-2021 08:12 AM
Advertisement

Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

I Root For: bearcats
Theree is another kicker on the roster, that has been doing kickoffs. Is he better than Cole Smith, we really don't know. We sat behind the UC bench at IU, and witnessed both guys practicing in the net.

10-04-2021 08:19 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(10-04-2021 08:12 AM)Dannyboy Wrote:  Bales does the kick offs already. They should at least give him a look at kicker.

To be fair Bales has kicked it out of bounds about 6 times already this year so his accuracy might be a bit suspect, too. Lol

10-04-2021 08:41 AM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
Yea, I'm not going to bang on some young college kid who is doing his best, undefeated and #5 in the country, pro kickers miss fg's ....maybe he wins a game later in the year....04-cheers

10-04-2021 08:47 AM
doss2 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
Luke "The Leg" Lundberg left the team because Fick insisted he had to practice during final. He decided that would interfere with keeping his 4.0 in Engineering.

Luke was very accurate at IHHS.

He transferred to OSU Engine School and hung up his kicking shoes.

10-04-2021 08:58 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
It's not like he doesn't have the leg. They're nice, strong kicks. They... just don't go through the uprights.

He just needs to pull his head out of his @$$ and kick the dang thing straight.

10-04-2021 09:01 AM
Advertisement

Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(10-04-2021 08:58 AM)doss2 Wrote:  Luke "The Leg" Lundberg left the team because Fick insisted he had to practice during final. He decided that would interfere with keeping his 4.0 in Engineering.

I don't believe this.

I'm a professor (not at UC). Athletes never *skip* exams due to official practices. The athletic department wouldn't allow it.

They might ask for it to be rescheduled if they are off-campus. But if the team is on-campus & the professor refuses to allow a makeup exam, there's not even a choice. The athletic department is never gonna force a student to skip a class, especially not a final exam. Not even at Alabama.

10-04-2021 09:52 AM
scvanguard1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincy, Oklahoma
Looks like Brian Mason is the special teams coordinator. He should be scouting place kickers. Also noticed Jake Sopko is now listed as student - assistant coach on the coaching staff.

10-04-2021 09:54 AM
bww Offline
McCuse

(10-04-2021 09:52 AM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  
(10-04-2021 08:58 AM)doss2 Wrote:  Luke "The Leg" Lundberg left the team because Fick insisted he had to practice during final. He decided that would interfere with keeping his 4.0 in Engineering.

I don't believe this.

I'm a professor (not at UC). Athletes never *skip* exams due to official practices. The athletic department wouldn't allow it.

They might ask for it to be rescheduled if they are off-campus. But if the team is on-campus & the professor refuses to allow a makeup exam, there's not even a choice. The athletic department is never gonna force a student to skip a class, especially not a final exam. Not even at Alabama.
He just posted that info b/c the kid went to Indian Hill.

10-04-2021 09:57 AM
BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati

I don't believe this.

Yeah...that's BS for sure...you'd have Compliance in your office in a millisecond, as well as the Provost's Office.

10-04-2021 10:08 AM
doss2 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS

I don't believe this.

I never said he was being forced to skip anything just that Fick insisted he practice during finals. He wanted to skip the practice to study as he was not going to get in the game.

10-04-2021 10:36 AM
Advertisement

BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Any chance we can get Nigel "The Leg" Gruff to come try out for the team?

Or how's about Lucy Draper?

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2021 10:46 AM by BearcatJerry.)
10-04-2021 10:40 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(10-04-2021 10:36 AM)doss2 Wrote:  

I don't believe this.

I never said he was being forced to skip anything just that Fick insisted he practice during finals. He wanted to skip the practice to study as he was not going to get in the game.

The Leg, we hardly knew ye.

10-04-2021 10:47 AM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat

I don't believe this.

Yeah that's just completely made up. UC, and every other FBS program, has systems in place to make it work. Football hasn't always had the best relationship with engineering but Alec Pierce, Lorenz Metz, Ryan Royer, etc. have all handled the burden of engineering degrees and football responsibilities.

10-04-2021 11:44 AM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

(10-04-2021 08:41 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(10-04-2021 08:12 AM)Dannyboy Wrote:  Bales does the kick offs already. They should at least give him a look at kicker.

To be fair Bales has kicked it out of bounds about 6 times already this year so his accuracy might be a bit suspect, too. Lol

Bales kicked 2 out of bounds, Smith kicked the third one out. Of course, 2 kickoffs out of bounds is not good. He did it in back to back games. Yikes. But he’s been good since.

But I assume you’re right about Bales’ accuracy. The coaches picked Smith for a reason.

10-04-2021 01:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.