Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UGA for 2003
Bookmark and Share
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

How do you Dawg fans see yourselves finishing up the regular season this Fall? And how do you feel about your chances of a repeat?
Note: I didn't consider post-season in this poll, simply because so many scenarios are possible.

Good Luck, Dawgs!!! 04-cheers I'm gonna say 11-1, with the only loss coming to the Vols. UGA has had a ton of success against them in the last few years(one of which I attended, '01 in Knoxville), UT will be the most fired up for UGA, IMO.
04-15-2003 11:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JoltinJacket Offline
The Resident Stat Machine

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksHall of FameCrappies

Obviously, I hope they fall flat on their faces this year 03-wink, but I see them going 8-4. There was a lot of luck involved in last year's 13 wins (just like with all great teams), and I think they lost too many key players to win the East again. The Clemson and Tech games are toss-ups, but I see them losing to LSU, Florida, Auburn and either Tennessee or Bama.
04-15-2003 12:52 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

JoltinJacket Wrote:but I see them going 8-4.
You've gotta be kidding me! 8-4? I think we are more than capable pf beating everyone on our schedule. Plus we're in Tennessee's head, sorta like Florida with us. I say 11-1 with the loss coming to either Tennessee or Florida. And before everyone goes and says we'll lose to Auburn remember two things: 1. It's at Sanford Stadium and 2. We have Richt, they have Tuberville. Nuff' said. We may go 8-4 JJ but we would have to be upset at home which I don't see happening.
04-15-2003 04:29 PM
DawgNBama Online
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA

I went with 10-2. My reasoning for this is that we have lost a lot of experience, and it will take awhile to build it back up. I see us finally snapping the Florida jinx, but I can see us losing to Clemson (I had predicted that Clemson might upset us this year. Remember that this year's game is in their crib) and I can possibly see us losing to Tennessee or someone we might take lightly like...Kentucky or Ole Miss. I know that earlier I predicted us to have an easy game with the Wildcats earlier, but now that I've had some time to reflect on that, and look at Kentucky's commits, I've come to the conclusion that UK might pull the upset. Big "might", but it is possible. I do not see us losing to Auburn. Coach Richt knows the importance of this game too well to let it slip away. If we lose to Tennessee, Auburn had better be ready to really be clobbered!! :saber: In Richt's first year vs. Auburn, I think he put too much pressure on himself. In his second year vs. Auburn, he learned from those mistakes, and made the appropiate adjustments.
One thing I would like to see on our schedule is having a week off before the Florida game. Larry Munson stated that the Gators benefited from us not having an off week to prepare for this game, and I believe him!! Take away that advantage from UF, and I think we will even up that series. :saber:
04-15-2003 06:43 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

DawgNBama Wrote:and I can possibly see us losing to Tennessee or someone we might take lightly like...Kentucky or Ole Miss.
Good post!

But, UGA won't be taking Ole Miss lightly at all. In fact, UGA and Ole Miss lost each other on our respective schedules and we both picked up other opponents. Not sure who replaced Ole Miss for y'all, but we picked up SoCarolina for y'all.

But, I hope that Ole Miss does play UGA, that means that we will be in the SECCG!!! 03-lol Of course, I know y'all wouldn't take us lightly then. :rolleyes:

Good Gawd, I just realized that I said "y'all" three different times in my post. 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol

<!--EDIT|10MAN|Apr 15 2003, 07:44 PM-->
04-15-2003 07:37 PM
SDSundevil Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I'm predicting losses @LSU, @Tenn with the Florida and Auburn games being keys! You should be strong this season though!

Good Luck!

03-cool
04-15-2003 08:38 PM
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

10MAN Wrote:
DawgNBama Wrote:and I can possibly see us losing to Tennessee or someone we might take lightly like...Kentucky or Ole Miss.
Good post!

But, UGA won't be taking Ole Miss lightly at all. In fact, UGA and Ole Miss lost each other on our respective schedules and we both picked up other opponents. Not sure who replaced Ole Miss for y'all, but we picked up SoCarolina for y'all.

But, I hope that Ole Miss does play UGA, that means that we will be in the SECCG!!! 03-lol Of course, I know y'all wouldn't take us lightly then. :rolleyes:

Good Gawd, I just realized that I said "y'all" three different times in my post. 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol
Yeah, we don't get Ole Miss next year in the regular season. Which is kinda good because I see them winning the SEC West next year. And I wouldn't wanna play at Oxford either. (Although Baton Rouge is no picnic either)
04-15-2003 09:21 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:Which is kinda good because I see them winning the SEC West next year.
04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow

::in my best SlingBlade voice:: "I like the way you talk, uh hum!!"

I hope you're right, G-money!!!! Have a beer on me just for saying that, though.04-cheers
04-15-2003 09:27 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

10MAN Wrote:
GDawgs88 Wrote:Which is kinda good because I see them winning the SEC West next year.
04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow

::in my best SlingBlade voice:: "I like the way you talk, uh hum!!"

I hope you're right, G-money!!!! Have a beer on me just for saying that, though.04-cheers
I really do. Auburn is grossly overrated, LSU isn't that great, and you know Eli Manning wants to go out with an SEC title.
04-15-2003 09:31 PM
Dawg Quixote Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Last year we were 13-1, easily won in the SECCG, hammered FSU in the Sugar Bowl, and finished ranked as the nations #3 team in both polls.

We may not have as good a record as last year, but I think the team will easily be as strong as year. The big question mark for 2003 is the same as for 2002, the running game. Going into last year Musa had not put it all together, even though he obviously had the potential and had the talent. He put it together (to say the least). This year the key will be the running game again, a lot is on Tony Milton's shoulders. However Michael Cooper is looking good in camp, and the little scat back (his name escapes me right now) has put on some weight and retained his speed.

We return the entire skill position roster, (with the exception of Edwards and Musa) but WR is deep and talented. Both QBs are back and the entire defense (especially the secondary and DL) are extremely (not an exaggeration) strong. Another nice surprise this spring has been in the strong play of our new linebacker corps. Everyone (as in rivals) love to point out the fact that we had 5 graduation seniors leave the OL. Well we have known that was coming for some time. We lost experience and leadership on the OL, but the replacements are just as talented, if not more talented that who we lost. Well before mid way throught he 2003 season, we will not have to worry about OL.

I see no reason we cannot be better than last year (but the record may not reflect it. LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama, S. Carolina, Florida will all be tough games. But talent wise we can line up with any of them, and we easily have more talent than S Carolina and Florida. Opening with Clemson on the road won't be a cake walk.

I think we could beat them all, however I'll say 11-1, but with another trip to the Georgia Dome and a BSC bowl. Just like last year.
04-17-2003 07:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Dawg Quixote Wrote:Everyone (as in rivals) love to point out the fact that we had 5 graduation seniors leave the OL. Well we have known that was coming for some time. We lost experience and leadership on the OL, but the replacements are just as talented, if not more talented that who we lost. Well before mid way throught he 2003 season, we will not have to worry about OL.
Right. I think our O-Line is actually going to be one of our strong spots this year. We have Jackson, Hewwit, Jean-Gilles and Josh Brock, that's a pretty good four guys to build around.
04-18-2003 08:09 AM
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Dawg Quixote Wrote:The big question mark for 2003 is the same as for 2002, the running game. Going into last year Musa had not put it all together, even though he obviously had the potential and had the talent. He put it together (to say the least). This year the key will be the running game again, a lot is on Tony Milton's shoulders. However Michael Cooper is looking good in camp, and the little scat back (his name escapes me right now) has put on some weight and retained his speed.
I think Michael Cooper can be a great College RB. Him and Lumpkin, I think can be like Cadillac and Ronnie Brown.

By the way DQ, I think you mean Tyson Browning right?
04-18-2003 08:12 AM
doodle doo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

9-3 and I have a good feeling about us beating UGA again this year.
04-18-2003 01:04 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

doodle doo Wrote:9-3 and I have a good feeling about us beating UGA again this year.
Sorry Dude. I don't see anypne beating us in Athens this year.
04-18-2003 03:29 PM
ElusiveQB Offline
All American

I Root For:

I went with 9-3
04-18-2003 03:40 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

AkronObsessed Wrote:I went with 9-3
Who are the three losses you are predicting, AO, and why?
04-18-2003 03:45 PM
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Why is everyone picking us so low?
04-18-2003 03:45 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:Why is everyone picking us so low?
I'm having a hard time understanding that, too, Gmoney!! 03-confused 03-confused

With all the talent y'all have and probably the best up-and-coming coach in football today, I see a dynasty being made there in Athens, not a one-time thing last year.
04-18-2003 03:48 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

10MAN Wrote:
GDawgs88 Wrote:Why is everyone picking us so low?
I'm having a hard time understanding that, too, Gmoney!! 03-confused 03-confused

With all the talent y'all have and probably the best up-and-coming coach in football today, I see a dynasty being made there in Athens, not a one-time thing last year.
I know. Last year was no fluke. It's a new era with Coach Richt.
04-18-2003 03:51 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Heck, UGA would've been there two years ago, but Richt was a brand new head coach and made a few rookie mistakes. But he's proven that he has gotten those little mistakes behind him and he has learned from them. It's all downhill from here on for Richt, in my opinion.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....before it's all said and done, Richt will wind up being one of the best college coaches ever. It won't come easy, but I think he has one of the best chances of any young coach alive today. Y'all are lucky to have him, and will be even luckier if y'all can keep him away from the NFL scavengers.
04-18-2003 03:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.