Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is it true that the MWC
MadEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Is it true that the MWC
Is really looking into SMU and Tulsa? I've just seen people talk about it on Twitter so I don't know anything. Would SMU and Tulsa even entertain the idea of moving back into a conference with those teams again?
10-01-2021 07:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
RE: Is it true that the MWC
no there isnt any legitimate connections

smu has also been extremely vocal about having no interest in the mwc..

there is a rumor the at the mwc is looking at tulsa and unt....but that isnt confirmed by anyone credible..or that tulsa is even interested
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2021 07:25 PM by pesik.)
10-01-2021 07:19 PM
Aztecgolfer Offline
1st String

I Root For: San Diego State
Likely just BS. People talk. The AAC desperately needs to backfill the losses of Houston, Cincy and UCF. The MWC can do nothing and be the 6th best conference right now. Could we look to expand? For me, sure, if we can get out of our 20 game BB schedule going with two divisions and adding Gonzaga.
10-01-2021 09:17 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(10-01-2021 09:17 PM)Aztecgolfer Wrote:  Likely just BS. People talk. The AAC desperately needs to backfill the losses of Houston, Cincy and UCF. The MWC can do nothing and be the 6th best conference right now. Could we look to expand? For me, sure, if we can get out of our 20 game BB schedule going with two divisions and adding Gonzaga.

debateable
10-01-2021 09:18 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
SMU and Navy would make far more sense than Tulsa. Curious is Navy buyout the same because they are football only?
10-01-2021 09:22 PM
Aztecgolfer Offline
1st String

(10-01-2021 09:18 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(10-01-2021 09:17 PM)Aztecgolfer Wrote:  Likely just BS. People talk. The AAC desperately needs to backfill the losses of Houston, Cincy and UCF. The MWC can do nothing and be the 6th best conference right now. Could we look to expand? For me, sure, if we can get out of our 20 game BB schedule going with two divisions and adding Gonzaga.

debateable

Debatable on which point?
10-01-2021 09:24 PM
Advertisement

Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
(10-01-2021 09:24 PM)Aztecgolfer Wrote:  

debateable

As I answered you on the other thread,until the MWC beats out the AAC consistently for that NY6 spot they aren’t the 6th best conference
10-01-2021 09:25 PM
Stickboy46 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Wichita State
(10-01-2021 07:17 PM)MadEagle Wrote:  Is really looking into SMU and Tulsa? I've just seen people talk about it on Twitter so I don't know anything. Would SMU and Tulsa even entertain the idea of moving back into a conference with those teams again?
There were a couple articles today from Thamel, McMurphy and the athletic that had "sources" that said they are discussing expanding and among the teams being discussed are SMU, Gonzaga and Wichita. Doesn't say they have reached out or that there is interest

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk
10-01-2021 09:33 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

debateable

no measurable statistic is the mwc better than the leftover aac

- average conference recruiting rank - leftover aac
- average athletic budget- leftover aac
- average computer average the last 5 years - leftover aac
- better tv money- leftover aac
- average coaching salaries- leftover aac
- better attendance -leftover aac
- most NY6 bowls- tied
- most weeks in the top 25 - leftover aac

there is no measurable statistic in which the mwc is better .. perception that is meaningless and changes by the week, yes the mwc has the edge today but that is meaningless and disappear when the on the field play happens

not even adding teams drastically grow in the aac..and teams do not in the mwc..so even if the mwc was better in year 1 (debatable) that might not be the case year 3-4
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2021 10:01 PM by pesik.)
10-01-2021 09:33 PM
Ned Low Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU

debateable

I think he was getting at the likelihood of having our champ get the playoff spot. Y’all have the better conference right now but the MWC is having one of it’s best seasons in a while. Things can change fast, as any ECU fan can attest to.

If we add the right teams -I think App, Marshall, UAB, UTSA and Louisiana the best choices right now- we will definitely be in the lead.

Hell, even Charlotte is doing wonderfully right now and they may be considered. We could add them along with the programs I just mentioned and have a very nice 14 team league .

Good luck this season. Beat Boise!
10-01-2021 09:40 PM
Aztecgolfer Offline
1st String

(10-01-2021 09:33 PM)pesik Wrote:  

debateable

no measurable statistic is the mwc better that the leftover aac

- average computer average the last 5 years - aac
- most NY6 bowls- tied

there is no measurable statistic in which the mwc is better .. perception that is meaningless and changes by the week, yes the mwc has the edge today but that is meaningless and disappear when the on the field play happens

not even adding teams drastically grow in the aac..and teams do not in the mwc..so even if the mwc was better in year 1 (debatable) that might not be the case year 3-4

Nice. Wrap that "data" up in a blanket and I hope it keeps you warm.

However, it has nothing to do with what we were discussing.

If you want to debate further, please do so. I'd like you to do so with better grammar and some sort of discernible thought process in order for me to engage properly.
10-01-2021 09:50 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

(10-01-2021 09:50 PM)Aztecgolfer Wrote:  

debateable

- most NY6 bowls- tied

If you want to debate further, please do so. I'd like you to do so with better grammar and some sort of discernible thought process in order for me to engage properly.

it has everything to do with this conversation!!!!!

im guessing recruiting better talent doesnt impact who is better? who can hire better coaches doesn't impact who is better?

please explain your point.. no need to have perfect grammar, its a sports message board and it doesnt impact my life so why would i care about that.. but you having non homer opinions would help
10-01-2021 09:55 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!

debateable

- most NY6 bowls- tied

He took the time to present you with data.. Let us know when you actually start debating. What you just did was dodge, discount and avoid debate. 07-coffee3
10-01-2021 09:55 PM
Aztecgolfer Offline
1st String

(10-01-2021 09:55 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(10-01-2021 09:18 PM)pesik Wrote:  debateable

- most NY6 bowls- tied

im guessing recruiting better talent doesnt impact who is better? who can hire better coaches doesn't impact who is better?

please explain your point.. no need to have perfect grammar, its a sports message board and it doesnt impact my life so why would i care about that.. but you having non homer opinions would help

History is nice. Again, the AAC lost its best three programs. To think that such a loss won't adversely affect you is laughable. And that goes to recruiting, hiring coaches and everything else associated with athletics. The Big12 will see the same when UT and OU leave.
10-01-2021 10:01 PM
Aztecgolfer Offline
1st String

(10-01-2021 09:55 PM)Bull Wrote:  
(10-01-2021 09:18 PM)pesik Wrote:  debateable

- most NY6 bowls- tied

He took the time to present you with data.. Let us know when you actually start debating. What you just did was dodge, discount and avoid debate. 07-coffee3

No, he presented "data" that no longer makes sense. If you think the AAC is the 6th best conference once Houston, Cincy and UCF leave then more power to you. Just to note, there was a reason you tried to raid the MWC and would have settled for AFA and CSU. But please, please, make a big go at Wyoming!!!
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2021 10:05 PM by Aztecgolfer.)
10-01-2021 10:05 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(10-01-2021 10:01 PM)Aztecgolfer Wrote:  History is nice. Again, the AAC lost its best three programs. To think that such a loss won't adversely affect you is laughable. And that goes to recruiting, hiring coaches and everything else associated with athletics. The Big12 will see the same when UT and OU leave.

that is bad logic..

again yes the aac is taking a drop in status... not one person denied that

my point is the at even without those 3 teams, the leftover aac still has a better averages the mwc in almost every notable category

the average mwc recruiting ranking is like 85..

the average aac with the top 3 is like 70 . it dropping to 75 without those 3 teams doesnt make the 85 better than the 75

the average aac salary in 2.2mil...no aac currently pays less than 1.5mil.. the average without the top 3 is still 1.7-1.9mil

the MWC average salary is 1.1mil,, half the league is sub 1mil, no mwc is above 1.6mil..

if mwc and aac are both going after the same elite asisstant coach in the offseason to be its next HC.. who do you think is going to get them???
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2021 10:15 PM by pesik.)
10-01-2021 10:11 PM
Advertisement

Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
It makes no sense that any AAC school would leave for the MWC.

At the end of the day, schools in the MWC didn’t want to leave a league where they were geographic fits in order to potentially make more TV money in the AAC.

Therefore, it makes even less sense that AAC schools would go to an MWC with less money (or even in a best case scenario of slightly more if CBS is funding it) in a bad geographic fit.

Geography is generally overrated within the Eastern and Central Time Zones for realignment purposes - we tend to overstate the “distance” between the Northeast, Midwest and Southeast when it’s really more cultural differences as opposed to geographic distances. However, I’ve found that a lot of people have been underrating it in the Mountain and Pacific Time Zones in thinking that a couple of Western schools would have happy to be on a geographic island for something less than P5 money. It’s simply not easy for just 1 or 2 Western schools to join an Eastern-based conference and, similarly, it’s not easy for just 1 or 2 Eastern school to join a Western-based league. That’s a natural barrier of protection for both the Pac-12 and MWC (but also makes expansion harder for them because they have fewer geographically-friendly options).
10-01-2021 10:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aztecgolfer Offline
1st String

(10-01-2021 10:11 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(10-01-2021 10:01 PM)Aztecgolfer Wrote:  History is nice. Again, the AAC lost its best three programs. To think that such a loss won't adversely affect you is laughable. And that goes to recruiting, hiring coaches and everything else associated with athletics. The Big12 will see the same when UT and OU leave.

that is bad logic..

again yes the aac is taking a drop in status... not one person denied that

my point is the at even without those 3 teams, the leftover aac still has a better averages the mwc in almost every notable categories

the average mwc recruiting ranking is like 85..

the average aac with the top 3 is like 70 . it dropping to 75 without those 3 teams doesnt make the 85 better than the 75

the average aac salary in 2.2mil...no aac currently pays less than 1.5mil.. the average without the top 3 is still 1.7-1.9mil

the MWC average salary is 1.1mil,, half the league is sub 1mil, no mwc is above 1.6mil..

if mwc and aac are both going after the same elite asisstant coach in the offseason to be its next HC.. who do you think is going to get them???

I'm sorry, but no. The AAC is now significantly worse than the MWC. That is why SDSU and BSU said no and when you went fo AFA an CSU they said no as well (apparently).

You just lost your three best programs. You are looking at history. Well, your future history doesn't include Houston, Cincy of or Central Florida. If you think you are going to keep you TV contract the same without those teams then you are naive. When the money coming in dries up, it trickles down.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2021 10:24 PM by Aztecgolfer.)
10-01-2021 10:24 PM
Aztecgolfer Offline
1st String

(10-01-2021 10:12 PM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  It makes no sense that any AAC school would leave for the MWC.

At the end of the day, schools in the MWC didn’t want to leave a league where they were geographic fits in order to potentially make more TV money in the AAC.

Therefore, it makes even less sense that AAC schools would go to an MWC with less money (or even in a best case scenario of slightly more if CBS is funding it) in a bad geographic fit.

Geography is generally overrated within the Eastern and Central Time Zones for realignment purposes - we tend to overstate the “distance” between the Northeast, Midwest and Southeast when it’s really more cultural differences as opposed to geographic distances. However, I’ve found that a lot of people have been underrating it in the Mountain and Pacific Time Zones in thinking that a couple of Western schools would have happy to be on a geographic island for something less than P5 money. It’s simply not easy for just 1 or 2 Western schools to join an Eastern-based conference and, similarly, it’s not easy for just 1 or 2 Eastern school to join a Western-based league. That’s a natural barrier of protection for both the Pac-12 and MWC (but also makes expansion harder for them because they have fewer geographically-friendly options).

Funny, we don't feel geographically "fit" with other MWC teams. In fact, the MWC is the most geographically unfit conference in the US.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2021 10:28 PM by Aztecgolfer.)
10-01-2021 10:28 PM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(10-01-2021 10:01 PM)Aztecgolfer Wrote:  
(10-01-2021 09:55 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(10-01-2021 09:24 PM)Aztecgolfer Wrote:  Debatable on which point?

- most NY6 bowls- tied

History is nice. Again, the AAC lost its best three programs. To think that such a loss won't adversely affect you is laughable. And that goes to recruiting, hiring coaches and everything else associated with athletics. The Big12 will see the same when UT and OU leave.

By some measurements the AAC is losing 3 of its top programs but Memphis has more FB wins since 2014 than any of those 3 & is 2nd in the conference in FB attendance, 1st by a significant margin in MBB attendance.
10-01-2021 10:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.