UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mc Murphy - G5 future next moves?
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Mc Murphy - G5 future next moves?
McMurphy Wrote:-Air Force was “enamored” about the AAC because of the major markets of Tampa, Dallas and Philadelphia, a source said. Air Force also was intrigued by having AAC member Navy as a conference game, which would allow the Falcons the ability to add another nonconference opponent, a source said.

- Among the possibilities (for MWC), sources said, could be gauging interest in some of the AAC members, including SMU, or non-football members such as Gonzaga (West Coast Athletic) or Wichita State (AAC).

-The only certainty about the Mountain West’s future membership is it will not include UTEP. The Miners, members of Conference USA, have longed to be in the MW for geographic reasons, but the Miners “have no chance” at the MWC, a source said.

-At the top of the American list is UAB and, perhaps, Charlotte, with several other schools from both leagues in play once the AAC decides which path to proceed. “We’re still determining who, and how many is still up in the air,” an AAC source said. “Anything from two to six schools seems possible.”

-Sources also told the Action Network to expect the Sun Belt to be aggressive in growing the current 10-school football league to 12 teams.

-It hasn’t been determined if the Sun Belt will look to Conference USA, independent Liberty or FCS schools looking to move up to the FBS level among future membership options.

Future G5 moves.
10-01-2021 03:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: Mc Murphy - G5 future next moves?
If we get an offer and actually accept(up until today I never thought there would be any other possibility) it will seems as if we were the 3rd or 4th choice of a desperate conference.
10-01-2021 04:15 PM
biglizard Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-01-2021 04:15 PM)BlazintheAtl1 Wrote:  If we get an offer and actually accept(up until today I never thought there would be any other possibility) it will seems as if we were the 3rd or 4th choice of a desperate conference.

Our job will be to make Aresco look like a genius
10-01-2021 04:18 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(10-01-2021 04:18 PM)biglizard Wrote:  
(10-01-2021 04:15 PM)BlazintheAtl1 Wrote:  If we get an offer and actually accept(up until today I never thought there would be any other possibility) it will seems as if we were the 3rd or 4th choice of a desperate conference.

Yup.
10-01-2021 04:38 PM
Advertisement

kdblazer Offline
All American

(10-01-2021 04:38 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  

Yup.
After tomorrow's game and next week, I suspect we'll receive a lot of consideration for moving/staying in whatever conference. It's hard to deny 40K(+) every Saturday regardless of whatever carrier you are. Lets just be KINGS of our domains (Football, Basketball, Baseball Track & Field, Volleyball, Beach Volleyball, Golf, Soccer, and Bowling & Rifle teams). Championship after Championship...can't deny us then.
10-01-2021 04:52 PM
Engblazr Offline
Special Teams

(10-01-2021 04:52 PM)kdblazer Wrote:  

Yup.
After tomorrow's game and next week, I suspect we'll receive a lot of consideration for moving/staying in whatever conference. It's hard to deny 40K(+) every Saturday regardless of whatever carrier you are. Lets just be KINGS of our domains (Football, Basketball, Baseball Track & Field, Volleyball, Beach Volleyball, Golf, Soccer, and Bowling & Rifle teams). Championship after Championship...can't deny us then.

I genuinely doubt we will have 40k + every game. UTEP on Black Friday? That’ll be a stinker
10-01-2021 04:56 PM
DuelingDragon Online
All American

I think the AAC has mismanaged this, maybe with a little help from the MWC. If you are trying to make a bold play you do not tip your hand. Just looks like you lost something you never had in the first place. Of course, I think some of the leaks were coming from the west for that very reason.
10-01-2021 05:01 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(10-01-2021 04:56 PM)Engblazr Wrote:  
(10-01-2021 04:52 PM)kdblazer Wrote:  

Yup.

I genuinely doubt we will have 40k + every game. UTEP on Black Friday? That’ll be a stinker

The other side of the coin is that we'll exceed last season's home attendance on opening day.
10-01-2021 05:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.