Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"I Don't Think That Parents Should Be Telling Schools What They Should Teach"
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
"I Don't Think That Parents Should Be Telling Schools What They Should Teach"
Did McAuliffe just step in it in a major way? Will this make any difference or is Virginia just too blue in the metro areas?

Quote:Former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) caused a firestorm on social media following his comment during his debate with Republican gubernatorial candidate Glenn Youngkin: “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”

Youngkin rebuked McAuliffe Tuesday night for vetoing a bill that would have allowed parents to remove controversial books from their school libraries.

The former governor responded, “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”

“I’m not going to let parents come into schools and actually take books out and make their own decisions,” he said.

Youngkin, however, stated, “I believe parents should be in charge of their kids’ education.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/...uld-teach/
09-29-2021 02:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
RE: "I Don't Think That Parents Should Be Telling Schools What They Should Teach"
Virginia is lost, in my opinion. NOVA has too many ignorant, hyper-partisan liberals.
09-29-2021 02:20 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
RE: "I Don't Think That Parents Should Be Telling Schools What They Should Teach"
I hope he stepped in it. Not looking forward to the passports, masks, and restrictions Northam has been holding back on because of the election if McAulliffe wins.
09-29-2021 02:40 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
RE: "I Don't Think That Parents Should Be Telling Schools What They Should Teach&...
The clintoons bagman toady is nothing more than a stooge for the corrupt teachers unions. Likely his largest single donor, aside from the machine money that amazingly always seems to pour in from wherever when he runs for something.

Someone tell me again why the hell teachers need a damn union? My mother was in one for more than 40 years and never had anything to do with them. Are they in a hazardous work environment of some sort? 03-lmfao
09-29-2021 03:04 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: "I Don't Think That Parents Should Be Telling Schools What They Should Teach&...
Watch: Terry McAuliffe Further Implodes During Latest Interview in Virginia Gubernatorial Race

Quote:As we reported earlier, Virginia Democratic gubernatorial nominee Terry McAuliffe and Republican nominee Glenn Youngkin faced off Tuesday night in their final debate, where McAuliffe made what some consider to be a catastrophic blunder in his campaign to become the state’s governor for the second (non-consecutive) time.

The two were sparring over state education guidelines on transgender students, what’s appropriate to teach children in public school classrooms, and if parents should be notified when lesson plans will include sexually explicit content when a visibly agitated McAuliffe told a persistent Youngkin that “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”

In response, Youngkin went for the jugular, immediately putting out a blistering ad juxtaposing McAuliffe’s comments alongside concerned Virginia parents speaking out at school board meetings about the sexually explicit content found in some school library books:

You’d think with the storm of negative attention McAuliffe’s remarks have brought to his campaign that he might soften his stance or backtrack in some way considering how education has become such a hot button topic in this country over the last few years. But that’s not what happened.

Instead, during an interview he did with Virginia news outlet CBS-19 today, McAuliffe doubled down, telling the station that “you don’t want parents coming in” and providing input on the educational curriculum for the schools their children attend (and which the parents pay for with their tax dollars):

“Listen, we have a Board of Ed, working with the local school boards to determine the curriculum for our schools. You don’t want parents coming in, in every different school district saying this is what should be taught here and this is what should be taught there,” he said.

Watch (starts at the 1:04 mark of this clip):

As I noted earlier, this could be one of those “turning point moments” in political campaigns we often see where a candidate either says or does something that changes the tide of the race, sometimes against him.

The Virginia school system has become a hot spot for battles between parents and school boards on the forced implementation of radical leftist ideas like Critical Race Theory and “woke” gender identity ideology. Because of that, McAuliffe blurting out the quiet part about what Democrats really think the role of parents should be in their children’s education could end up coming back to bite him in a big way on Election Day.

We’ll find out for sure when voters take to the polls on November 2nd. As always, stay tuned.
09-29-2021 09:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Typical liberal.

Just shut up and do what I say.
09-30-2021 05:01 AM
Advertisement

boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
VA absolutely deserves whatever happens if they actually put McAuliffe in the Governor mansion.

He absolutely exposed his mindset with the comment about parents. The arrogance is breathtaking.
09-30-2021 06:22 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

09-30-2021 04:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Reporter Just Embarrasses Terry McAuliffe During Heated Exchange on Critical Race Theory

Quote:The implosion of Democrat Terry McAuliffe’s gubernatorial campaign is real and the numbers don’t lie.

As we previously reported, since his disastrous debate moment last week where he told Republican nominee Glenn Youngkin that, “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach,” McAuliffe has not been acting like a guy who up until a few days ago had been consistently ahead in the polls, even fretting on a teleconference call with other Democrats earlier this week over President Biden’s unpopularity in Virginia.

Assisting him in that effort has been Youngkin himself, who released a blistering ad the day after the debate highlighting McAuliffe’s remarks alongside those of concerned Virginia parents who spoke during school board meetings about the sexually explicit content found in public school library books. And instead of backtracking, McAuliffe doubled down in an interview 24 hours later where he said, “You don’t want parents coming in, in every different school district saying this is what should be taught here and this is what should be taught there.”

Here we are a week and a half out since that debate, and in the midst of Youngkin closing the gap with McAuliffe in post-debate polling, McAuliffe is still doing himself no favors as evidenced by what turned out to be a heated exchange between himself and a local reporter during a roundtable discussion Thursday night on the question of Critical Race Theory being taught in public schools:

When [reporter Anita] Blanton questioned McAuliffe about CRT, he called it a “dog whistle” that’s dividing people but wouldn’t define what he believes it means.

“Anita, it is not taught here in Virginia,” McAuliffe said.

“But how do you define it?” Blanton pressed.

“Doesn’t matter. It’s not taught here in Virginia. So I’m not going to spend my time. I’m not going to even spend my time because the school board and everyone else says it’s not taught. It’s racist. It’s a dog whistle,” McAuliffe said.

“But if we don’t have a definition, how can we say it’s racist?” Blanton pressed again.

McAulliffe never did define it.

Watch a clearly flustered McAuliffe get upstaged and embarrassed below:

For starters, accusing parents who are concerned about the implementation of CRT of being “racists” is not going to go over well considering Virginia has become one of the nation’s hot spots in the fight after CRT, with parents showing up to school board meetings angrily confronting school board members who lie to their faces when they tell them they have no plans to implement CRT are an alternative version of it in classrooms.

Secondly and just for the purposes of discussion let’s say it wasn’t being taught in Virginia (whether under the “CRT” banner or a deceptive one with the same underlying message). It doesn’t matter, because it’s obviously become a source of contention and concern for parents, and McAuliffe has an obligation to weigh on whether or not he would support the implementation of it in Virginia public school classrooms.

He chose not to last night, and instead decided to further insult and demean parents over the issue by referring to them as racists. And good on Blanton for dunking on McAuliffe on how if in his view we don’t have a definition how can he describe opposition to it as “racist.”

As I said earlier, McAuliffe is behaving like a guy who is on the ropes in this campaign, not someone who was ahead by a polling average of between 4 and 5 points before last Tuesday’s debate. It’s been a remarkable turn of events in a short amount of time, and with just a few weeks to go between now and Election Day, if he doesn’t get it together he may be in for a big surprise on November 2nd.
10-08-2021 09:59 AM
hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
I Will vote today against a very and corrupt man.
10-08-2021 11:37 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

10-13-2021 05:29 PM
Advertisement

hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
10-19-2021 06:43 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Watch: Terry McAuliffe Self-Implodes on Public Education Stance During Contentious Interview - Again

Quote:We are two weeks away from Election Day in Virginia, and all signs point to the continued implosion of Democratic gubernatorial nominee Terry McAuliffe’s campaign.

As always, we are here for it.

When last we left you, McAuliffe had a meltdown during a contentious Tuesday interview with local news reporter Nick Minock from WJLA, cutting him off and walking off set at around the 10-minute mark of what was supposed to be a 20-minute interview, and not returning. For those who missed it, watch the latest in a series of humiliating moments for his campaign below, where after a McAuliffe handler intervened the candidate scolded the reporter and told him he “shoulda asked better questions”:

But there was another moment during the brief interview that has also proven to be embarrassing and even more unintentionally illuminating for Terry McAuliffe, and it’s when he was asked if he “misspoke” during that now-infamous September debate where he admitted that “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”

His response was to double down, saying “no!” From the transcript:

Nick Minock: “So, did you misspeak during that debate?”

Terry McAuliffe: “No! I was talking about what we need to do, bringing people together. We have the state boards, we have the Board of Education and we have the local school boards who are all involved in this process. But the issue is how do we deliver the world class education. And the way we do that is invest in it. As I say I’m going to put $2 billion in it. And for me this is not a hope for promise. I’ve done it. I mean I built the best education system in the country when I was governor before. And I remind you that when I went into office, I had a huge deficit and I still put a billion dollars into it.”

Watch:

McAuliffe also keeps insinuating concerned Virginia parents are “racist” for opposing the implementation of Critical Race Theory in public schools, which he has lied about and says is not being done in the state.

None of this is a good look for a guy who says he ran to be the education governor.

For his part, Republican nominee Glenn Youngkin is smartly keeping his foot pushed down on the gas and is responding accordingly every time McAuliffe commits a big blunder, most recently with an ad that ran Monday where he brought the receipts and just wrecked the former Governor who wants a second (non-consecutive) term for laughably claiming his public education comments were taken out of context (they weren’t).

As I noted yesterday, Terry McAuliffe is not behaving like a guy who feels comfortable and confident with where he is in his campaign at this stage in the game. Rather than be on the offensive, he’s on the defensive – and it shows in everything he says and does as he can’t even do a decent job defending himself and his record.

I suspect McAuliffe believed he was going to coast through this race with ease, and very early on that’s the way it looked like it was going to be. But he got cocky. As a Democrat, he expected the media do what they normally do with Democrats and roll over and play nice. But the local press has been aggressively questioning him, which enrages Democrats and causes them to make the exact types of mistakes McAuliffe has.

His continued allowing of his big mouth to overload his circuits by saying the quiet part out loud on a number of important issues has cost him big time, with polls tightening and the bad press increasing. We’ll find out all this was enough to cost him the race when Virginia voters take to the polls on November 2nd.
10-20-2021 09:45 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

These Lifelong Virginia Democrats Are Ditching McAuliffe For Youngkin Over Education Malfeasance

Quote:Lifelong Democrats in Virginia are ditching Democrats for Republicans over what they say is the left’s poor treatment of schoolchildren and its malfeasance when it comes to giving students a proper education.

In a “Fox & Friends First” panel on Tuesday, four Virginia Democrats explained how their party’s COVID-19 lockdowns, treatment of parents concerned about their kids’ learning, and the state’s education system in general have turned them away from Democrat gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe to Republican gubernatorial candidate Glenn Youngkin.

“I decided I could no longer support a party that didn’t prioritize the academic, social, and emotional needs of students,” Briana Howard, a parent in Fairfax, Va., said. “I’ve previously voted for Democrats because I felt that the party preaches equality, and during the COVID-19 pandemic, they denied students access to one of the greatest equalizers which is in-person education.”

Later in the segment, Saundra Davis, a lifelong Democrat in Virginia, explained that Youngkin “is trying to collaborate with parents” while “McAuliffe and his people are trying to criminalize us.”

Gaby Rengifo, a Virginia business owner, confirmed this.

“I think that on the education level, our state of Virginia has been going to sleep. What we need is to wake up for education. Teachers have priority to our kids and our parents. That’s why they went to college and they have a certification as teachers,” she said before adding that she believes Youngkin “is gonna do a better job on education for our community.”

Bethany Heim, a mother of two, said she’s always been a Democrat but the blue party’s behavior has forced her towards the middle and she now identifies as an independent who just wants to be heard.

“In the conversations that I’ve had with various Democrat representatives, I’ve felt really frustrated. I felt as if my voice wasn’t being heard and as if I wasn’t a true Democrat,” Heim said. “It made me feel like maybe you know this party, maybe I’m no longer a Democrat, maybe I need to look elsewhere to have my voice heard.”

All four women testified that they felt abandoned by the Democrat party and suggested they don’t expect education to improve if leftists continue their crusade on schools.

“I voted for Biden in 2020 but I can’t imagine voting for a Democrat in the future mainly because of education. I think that kids are our future and the Democrats are not prioritizing the needs of our children,” Howard said before confirming that she did not think she would vote for Biden again.
10-20-2021 03:29 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

Most recent poll has it at 46-46%.

BIG question is, who has the big MO and who has the enthusiasm of their voters?

Easy answer there, it's the R Youngkin. Hope he keeps hard-charging.

The good Commonwealth doesn't need 4 more long years of clintoon style politics from their personal bagman.
10-20-2021 03:46 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Watch out for the Left. If they can’t win it at the polls they’ll steal it during the count. Liberals cannot be trusted. The RNC needs to have poll observers throughout Virginia for this election.
10-20-2021 04:00 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(10-20-2021 04:00 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Watch out for the Left. If they can’t win it at the polls they’ll steal it during the count. Liberals cannot be trusted. The RNC needs to have poll observers throughout Virginia for this election.

They are emailing and calling several times everyday trying to get people to volunteer. I looked into it, the time slots I could likely do are all filt up.
10-20-2021 04:14 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Early voting numbers not looking good for Dems in VA

Quote: In 2017, three Northern Virginia Democratic bastions ultimately comprised a third of the commonwealth’s early vote in the race for governor. In 2021, those same three deep-blue localities – Fairfax County, Alexandria, and Arlington – currently comprise a sixth of Virginia’s early vote total.
Early vote in Blue strongholds down 50% currently from 2017.
Quote: In 2017, three Northern Virginia Democratic bastions ultimately comprised a third of the commonwealth’s early vote in the race for governor. In 2021, those same three deep-blue localities – Fairfax County, Alexandria, and Arlington – currently comprise a sixth of Virginia’s early vote total.
10-20-2021 04:37 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
bwahahahahahahahaha

10-20-2021 04:41 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

He's becoming increasingly unglued with every passing day and actually getting real questions from the press.

Thought he'd waltz on in, cause well, he's Terry Mccallaugh. Seems it's a bit of a challenge and he's clearly not up to it.
10-20-2021 04:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.