Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ECU IPF
The WEST is the BEST Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
ECU IPF
Does ECU have Firm Plans to build an IPF? Dates, Costs, Etc.
09-26-2021 09:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

I Root For: ECU & the AAC
RE: ECU IPF
(09-26-2021 09:26 PM)The WEST is the BEST Wrote:  Does ECU have Firm Plans to build an IPF? Dates, Costs, Etc.

No firm plans, it’s definitely being discussed though.
09-26-2021 09:41 PM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
Naww we don't want that ish.

Maybe I'm just a 30 year old boomer but these players need to practice in the rain.

You must have been really interested to post it four times.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021 09:44 PM by ncbeta.)
09-26-2021 09:43 PM
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

(09-26-2021 09:43 PM)ncbeta Wrote:  Naww we don't want that ish.

Maybe I'm just a 30 year old boomer but these players need to practice in the rain.

Lol. I feel like we’ve had this discussion.
09-26-2021 09:45 PM
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

(09-26-2021 09:45 PM)NoQuarterBrigade Wrote:  

Lol. I feel like we’ve had this discussion.

We have. I'm a broken record.

Somewhere lightning enters the conversation as well as recruiting. Rationally, I get it.
09-26-2021 09:47 PM
CLTPirate Offline
Special Teams

There is a rumor they’re going to start trying to fundraise for one next year
09-27-2021 06:35 AM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB

You can’t practice outside if there is lightning.
09-27-2021 07:27 AM
Advertisement

NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

(09-27-2021 07:27 AM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  

03-rotfl
09-27-2021 07:40 AM
pcm0103 Online
1st String

Yes we can. NCAA ok'd it. Said it will help with team speed if we can dodge lightning.
09-27-2021 07:44 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(09-27-2021 07:44 AM)pcm0103 Wrote:  

Yes we can. NCAA ok'd it. Said it will help with team speed if we can dodge lightning.
ummmm...unless this is the DCEU...unlikely to help
09-27-2021 08:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps

It was critical for usf because our rules require us to go inside if there is lightning without m a certain radius… and here in Florida, that happens multiple times a week.

We lose a week or more of practice every year.
09-27-2021 08:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina

This is eastern NC, not FL or elsewhere in the deep south. There are virtually 0 morning thunderstorms, and afternoons storms in summer are so predictable you can set your watch by them.

There are plenty of areas ECU needs to spend more money on the football team, and indoor practice facility isn't one of them.
09-27-2021 09:43 AM
Sea Pirate Offline
2nd String

(09-26-2021 09:26 PM)The WEST is the BEST Wrote:  Does ECU have Firm Plans to build an IPF? Dates, Costs, Etc.

In the works. Estimate 25 mill $. Coach wants it, AD wants it. Need it for recruiting to keep up with the joneses. It will happen
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021 11:55 AM by Sea Pirate.)
09-27-2021 11:54 AM
Advertisement

mikeinoki Offline
Gone to Seed

I Root For: JDB
Quote:Saturday was the wettest day of East Carolina football preseason camp through four practices. It also served as another opportunity for coach Mike Houston to describe an indoor practice facility as a need for the Pirates.

"I had to adjust some of the schedule around a little bit with some of the lightning this morning, but we got outside and had a very, very energetic practice and I thought the kids took another step today in the second day in (shoulder) pads," Houston said. "You have to have (an indoor practice facility). I've said it before. We were disrupted last night and not able to function the way we would have if we had a facility.
The Daily Reflector 08-07-21

Quote:East Carolina, Tulsa and USF are the only teams in the AAC without a place to practice indoors, and South Florida is currently building one. Tulane does not have its own indoor practice facility, but the Saints allow the Green Wave to use theirs.

In the state of North Carolina, all four ACC teams have one. Appalachian State, in the Sun Belt Conference, also has one. ECU and Charlotte are the only FBS programs in the state that do not. Liberty in Virginia has a $29 million indoor complex, and Coastal Carolina - which has only played FBS football since 2017 - just approved a $15 million one for construction.

“When you look at facilities, the huge glaring negative is the indoor practice facility,” Houston said. “It’s something I have to dance around with virtually every recruit. Usually the other institutions we are going head to head with, they either have one, or they are building one. That’s all of them. We are one of the few that don’t. So it’s a glaring negative. People use it against us in recruiting. They use it as a sign of lack of commitment from our institution.”
Mike Houston says indoor facility still a glaring need for ECU 06-24-21

Really need to find a way to do this.
09-27-2021 12:05 PM
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

(09-27-2021 12:05 PM)mikeinoki Wrote:  
Quote:Saturday was the wettest day of East Carolina football preseason camp through four practices. It also served as another opportunity for coach Mike Houston to describe an indoor practice facility as a need for the Pirates.

"I had to adjust some of the schedule around a little bit with some of the lightning this morning, but we got outside and had a very, very energetic practice and I thought the kids took another step today in the second day in (shoulder) pads," Houston said. "You have to have (an indoor practice facility). I've said it before. We were disrupted last night and not able to function the way we would have if we had a facility.
The Daily Reflector 08-07-21

Quote:East Carolina, Tulsa and USF are the only teams in the AAC without a place to practice indoors, and South Florida is currently building one. Tulane does not have its own indoor practice facility, but the Saints allow the Green Wave to use theirs.

In the state of North Carolina, all four ACC teams have one. Appalachian State, in the Sun Belt Conference, also has one. ECU and Charlotte are the only FBS programs in the state that do not. Liberty in Virginia has a $29 million indoor complex, and Coastal Carolina - which has only played FBS football since 2017 - just approved a $15 million one for construction.

“When you look at facilities, the huge glaring negative is the indoor practice facility,” Houston said. “It’s something I have to dance around with virtually every recruit. Usually the other institutions we are going head to head with, they either have one, or they are building one. That’s all of them. We are one of the few that don’t. So it’s a glaring negative. People use it against us in recruiting. They use it as a sign of lack of commitment from our institution.”
Mike Houston says indoor facility still a glaring need for ECU 06-24-21

Really need to find a way to do this.

Yep. It would be nice to have some of those Liberty dollars.
09-27-2021 02:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.