8-4 or Worse 35.29% 6 35.29%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Clemson's 2021 Season?
schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
Exclamation Clemson's 2021 Season?
Well the unthinkable happened. Clemson has now lost twice in the same season.

Clemson clearly doesn't look good offensively outside of their FCS buy game vs. SC State, scoring no more than 14 points in regulation in any of their games vs. FBS opponents. Barring a multiple team tie, NC State would have to lose twice in the ACC for Clemson to win the Atlantic Division and the Atlantic has two teams (Boston College and Wake Forest) who are still undefeated overall (but BC hasn't played a conference game yet).

On the other hand, it's not even October, it's a long season, do you really trust Wake Forest and Boston College to win the Atlantic Division, and both teams still have to travel to Clemson (BC does next week in fact). NC State still likely will have to lose two ACC games but this is the same team that lost to Mississippi State. I wouldn't be betting the farm that the Wolfpack go 7-1 in the ACC.

I think it would be better for the ACC if someone other than Clemson wins it once in a while. But the problem is it would be ideal for that team to be contending for a national championship. It doesn't help the ACC if their conference champion has two or three losses (whether it's Clemson, North Carolina, Miami, Virginia Tech, etc). If NC State had beaten Clemson and gone undefeated and made the Playoff, that's good for the ACC. Hey, maybe NC State goes 12-1 and sneaks into the Playoff. That would be good. Anybody here think that'll happen? Even if NC State runs the table, who wants to put a team in the Playoff that lost to Ole Miss State? UNC already lost two conference games (one to a team that lost at home to Northern Illinois). Miami was embarrassed at home to a Michigan State team that barely beat a Nebraska team that lost to my Illini (and you Virginia fans know how bad Illinois sucks, as does Texas San Antonio). I think it's clear Clemson isn't the Clemson we expect. The question is will anyone else in the ACC step up and steal Clemson's crown? If Clemson is this bad all season and STILL wins the ACC, that will really say a lot about the state of ACC football. Of course if Clemson goes back to being Clemson in October and November, that's a different story.

I wonder if the ACC Contract bowls are starting to salivate at the thought on Clemson being available. Clemson in the Duke's Mayo Bowl in Charlotte? Or am I overreacting?
09-26-2021 08:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
RE: Clemson's 2021 Season?
State can lose to LaTech next week. Beat the **** out of Miami and FSU and lose to both WF and Syracuse. State never has two deep depth to withstand the negative effects of a big game and often comes into the next game in a semi-stupor, finds itself down 10 points in the 4th and needing a perfect 4th quarter. It takes Phillip Rivers and Russell Wilson quality QB's to navigate that.
09-26-2021 09:40 AM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
I’m going to say 10–3 ACC champs. They were dealing with a lot of key injuries.
09-26-2021 11:07 AM
Advertisement

schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
(09-26-2021 11:07 AM)Ewglenn Wrote:  I’m going to say 10–3 ACC champs. They were dealing with a lot of key injuries.

So you're saying Clemson will lose another ACC conference game but still win the ACC Atlantic and then win the ACC Championship Game?

Yep, sounds like the 2021 ACC.
09-26-2021 11:48 AM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
(09-26-2021 11:48 AM)schmolik Wrote:  
(09-26-2021 11:07 AM)Ewglenn Wrote:  I’m going to say 10–3 ACC champs. They were dealing with a lot of key injuries.

So you're saying Clemson will lose another ACC conference game but still win the ACC Atlantic and then win the ACC Championship Game?

Yep, sounds like the 2021 ACC.

They will drop either Pitt or SC. Could be wrong but I’m not impressed.
09-26-2021 12:42 PM
Schema Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Clemson
If Tony Elliot remains stubborn and sticks with whatever this current offensive play-calling strategy is, then I'm predicting a ceiling of 8-4 and a trip to the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl or Cheez-It Bowl. However, if he somehow starts doing the opposite of what his gut tells him to do, then Clemson could finish 11-2 and in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl or PlayStation Fiesta Bowl. My gut tells me the Tigers have one or two more losses coming because Tony seems too stubborn to make drastic changes and Dabo is unlikely to make any staff changes mid-season.
09-26-2021 04:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.