Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Great day for NIU Football
Bookmark and Share
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
-NIU with a dominant Win

- Georgia Tech beat #21 UNC ( great for our strength of schedule)

-Wyoming beat UConn

-Michigan beat Rutgers

LFG!!!!!!04-rock
09-25-2021 09:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
RE: Great day for NIU Football
It was a good second half… Still need a lot of improvement on both sides of the ball. That was not a good team we played.
09-25-2021 10:02 PM
westernwilly Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army
GT blow out #21 NC! this makes your victory look so much better and has me a little worried about our game at the end of the season!
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2021 10:19 PM by westernwilly.)
09-25-2021 10:19 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Just goes to further show how difficult a non-conference schedule we've played. Wyoming and Michigan are each 4-0 and GT is 2-2 after playing two ranked opponents (Clemson and NC).
09-26-2021 01:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

(09-25-2021 09:59 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  -NIU with a dominant Win

-Wyoming beat UConn

-Michigan beat Rutgers

LFG!!!!!!04-rock

Sagarin has NIU at #7 in SOS (before yesterday's game).

And FSU lost again, which always cheers me up.

Hopefully NIU can develop a consistent defense. Maine was moving the ball well in the first quarter, but NIU owned the secong half.

Cole Tucker is clutch, as always. And how about that one handed grab by Tewes to set up the TD.
09-26-2021 08:24 AM
StevenNIU Offline
1st String

(09-26-2021 08:24 AM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  

-Wyoming beat UConn

-Michigan beat Rutgers

LFG!!!!!!04-rock

Hopefully NIU can develop a consistent defense. Maine was moving the ball well in the first quarter, but NIU owned the secong half.

Cole Tucker is clutch, as always. And how about that one handed grab by Tewes to set up the TD.

I read somewhere last week that someone is now predicting that FSU will now go 2-10. Even that might be optimistic.
09-26-2021 08:48 AM
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

(09-26-2021 08:48 AM)StevenNIU Wrote:  

-Wyoming beat UConn

-Michigan beat Rutgers

LFG!!!!!!04-rock

I read somewhere last week that someone is now predicting that FSU will now go 2-10. Even that might be optimistic.

That would be just horrible......???.

On another note, with a lot of sports teams changing their names because of cultural sensitivities, how does FSU get away with with its name but allowing that obnoxious and mind numbing NA NA NANANA chant?

I remember when EMU used to be the Hurons, and had to change their name.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021 09:13 AM by MiamiHuskie.)
09-26-2021 09:07 AM
Advertisement

Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(09-26-2021 09:07 AM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  

-Wyoming beat UConn

-Michigan beat Rutgers

LFG!!!!!!04-rock

On another note, with a lot of sports teams changing their names because of cultural sensitivities, how does FSU get away with with its name but allowing that obnoxious and mind numbing NA NA NANANA chant?

I think they made their own deal with the actual Seminole tribe. And by deal I mean they give them a lot of money. A lot better than the last deal they got from the white man.
09-26-2021 09:27 AM
Big Red Offline
All American

-Wyoming beat UConn

-Michigan beat Rutgers

LFG!!!!!!04-rock

I want to say, from what I heard from an EMU grad, both EMU and CMU were getting some pressure to change so EMU changed to the Eagles. Then...CMU said...okay, we'll change the loge but we're sticking with Chippewas and whoever was laying down the pressure said....okay....fine.

Then EMU fans went....wait...what?
09-26-2021 09:57 AM
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

(09-26-2021 09:57 AM)Big Red Wrote:  

-Wyoming beat UConn

-Michigan beat Rutgers

LFG!!!!!!04-rock

I want to say, from what I heard from an EMU grad, both EMU and CMU were getting some pressure to change so EMU changed to the Eagles. Then...CMU said...okay, we'll change the loge but we're sticking with Chippewas and whoever was laying down the pressure said....okay....fine.

Will they have to rename Lake Huron too?
09-26-2021 01:36 PM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(09-26-2021 01:36 PM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  
(09-26-2021 09:57 AM)Big Red Wrote:  
(09-26-2021 08:24 AM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  Sagarin has NIU at #7 in SOS (before yesterday's game).

Will they have to rename Lake Huron too?

Yes! And Chicago, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan…..among many others.
09-26-2021 01:55 PM
sarasotahuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators
(09-26-2021 09:27 AM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  

-Wyoming beat UConn

-Michigan beat Rutgers

LFG!!!!!!04-rock

I think they made their own deal with the actual Seminole tribe. And by deal I mean they give them a lot of money. A lot better than the last deal they got from the white man.
The Seminole tribe sets up an info tent during the FSU tailgate. They're cool wth the name.
09-26-2021 04:07 PM
pvk75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Want another great day for NIU?

IMO, here's why so many bee-otched about the fiasco surrounding the Wyoming game: The bigshots forgot it's the teams and fans who make the place, not the place that makes the teams and fans. (I like it, so used it again.) The "oops we forgot" was a low point. Added nothing on campus to nothing marketing off campus.

OK, fixed (apparently). What about Homecoming? A cheap mass mailer? At least hitting the close-by 'burbs? A temp sign on I-88? Temp signs/poters on campus telling students what's in it for them? Any free stuff? Gotta learn to do what other schools do: don't lie, just spin a little.

I.e. Big big big-time win over a Power 5 (spell it out) team working its way up the ranks. Almost biggest comeback in NIU history vs an undefeated Wyoming team. (Conveniently slide lightly over the UM game) and focus on the "other M," a huge win over a state flagship from the East. Against one of the toughest non-conference skeds in the country, NIU emerges 2-2.

For pre-game, in addition to whatever hoopla they have planned, add a general meet-and-greet tent. Display whatever flashy stuff you have on the proposed community sustainability academic/research project. Tout plans for the health informatics/technology center. Brag about the major remodel at the Holmes student center. Get some involved faculty out there. Folding chairs and tables for a few minutes' chit-chat (and stop charging for absolutely everything).

Get creative with the stuff we have. Connect academics/research with sports. You wanna be a winner?! Act like one.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021 04:45 PM by pvk75.)
09-26-2021 04:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.