Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New NU stadium
Bookmark and Share
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only
New NU stadium
https://nusports.com/feature/ryan-field

Wow. Part of a $6b endowment push. Guy gives $480m with a portion to rebuild stadium. SF should be on the phone offering them HS as a venue if they need to have games offsite. Sounds like they will need it if they will do a total rebuild. NU has a lot of Suburban alums that could get to HS quite easily. Just make sure the concessions work.
09-23-2021 06:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
RE: New NU stadium
(09-23-2021 06:32 AM)HuskieJ Wrote:  https://nusports.com/feature/ryan-field

Wow. Part of a $6b endowment push. Guy gives $480m with a portion to rebuild stadium. SF should be on the phone offering them HS as a venue if they need to have games offsite. Sounds like they will need it if they will do a total rebuild. NU has a lot of Suburban alums that could get to HS quite easily. Just make sure the concessions work.
But Soldier Field is right down the street, as is the stadium the Fire used to play in. Not saying Frazier shouldn't be pushing, but they've got way better options

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
09-23-2021 06:38 AM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

(09-23-2021 06:38 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  

But Soldier Field is right down the street, as is the stadium the Fire used to play in. Not saying Frazier shouldn't be pushing, but they've got way better options

Thought of this first. Based on how protective SF is with the Park District in charge, I really doubt they will allow 6 games to be played there in addition to the Bears. They also would be subject to all there rules on concessions, parking etc. HS is closer to Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska etc. setting up one or two games might make sense. They rarely have more than 30k anyway. Let NU use it for free if they agree to help make some upgrades that will be left behind. Probably not going to happen, but you gotta try everything.
09-23-2021 06:58 AM
HuskieDave Online
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(09-23-2021 06:58 AM)HuskieJ Wrote:  

Thought of this first. Based on how protective SF is with the Park District in charge, I really doubt they will allow 6 games to be played there in addition to the Bears. They also would be subject to all there rules on concessions, parking etc. HS is closer to Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska etc. setting up one or two games might make sense. They rarely have more than 30k anyway. Let NU use it for free if they agree to help make some upgrades that will be left behind. Probably not going to happen, but you gotta try everything.

Northwestern’s average attendance has been well above 30,000 for many years, including just under 44,000 in 2018. The last year their average attendance was below 33,000 was 2009. I would doubt our 24,000 seat stadium works for them, but, it would make sense to ask.

http://hailtopurple.com/cde/attendance_annual.html
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2021 07:36 AM by HuskieDave.)
09-23-2021 07:24 AM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

Did not really think it was that high. It always looks pretty empty. Add some end zone temporary seats, and maybe it would work. Probably a long shot, but you need to try everything to survive right now.
09-23-2021 07:50 AM
bigdog16 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NIU
I wonder how much of their attendance is from visiting schools.
09-23-2021 09:12 AM
Advertisement

HuskiePride12 Online
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
Pull what U of I did with the bears. I think they got a new screen and some other minor upgrades out of it.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2021 01:00 PM by HuskiePride12.)
09-23-2021 01:00 PM
MileHighHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
(09-23-2021 09:12 AM)bigdog16 Wrote:  I wonder how much of their attendance is from visiting schools.

A lot I believe. Last NW NIU game the entire stadium was red! Huskie victory as well!
09-23-2021 01:14 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Maybe if NU would move their games to Huskie Stadium, more so-called Huskie fans would attend those games than the Huskie games.
09-23-2021 01:34 PM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

(09-23-2021 07:50 AM)HuskieJ Wrote:  Did not really think it was that high. It always looks pretty empty. Add some end zone temporary seats, and maybe it would work. Probably a long shot, but you need to try everything to survive right now.

Half of their attendance, or more, is the opposing teams fans (Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn St., etc.).
09-23-2021 06:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big Red Online
All American

I think it was like a year ago and someone (maybe a few) were bitching up a storm about the NIU weight room being sponsored by Northwestern Medical and now we have some people wanting STF to beg them to play in our stadium.

Heh...
09-23-2021 06:17 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

We can't even raise $30 million to simply make our dumpy stadium mildly respectable. Huskie Stadium is in need of major capital investment. I would knock down the entire west portion of the stadium and build new. All that would probably cost $50-60 million easily but at least you'd have legitimate concessions, merchandise store, box office, box suites, media areas, legitimate stadium sound system, etc.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2021 06:26 PM by epasnoopy.)
09-23-2021 06:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
This is the crown jewel in NUs upgrade of athletic facilities over the last 5 years. They spent $200-$300mil on their football practice facility (I was on the building design team). Just redid Welsh Ryan, redid their basketball practice facility. They have done an amazing job overall. Definitely top tier over there.
09-23-2021 07:07 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
(09-23-2021 06:17 PM)Big Red Wrote:  I think it was like a year ago and someone (maybe a few) were bitching up a storm about the NIU weight room being sponsored by Northwestern Medical and now we have some people wanting STF to beg them to play in our stadium.

Heh...

ha! Our fans are all over the frickin place. We only have a few and they are fickle as hell.
09-23-2021 07:15 PM
OldTtimeNIU Offline
1st String

Bears not long for Chicago….see ya Bears!j
09-23-2021 10:02 PM
OldTtimeNIU Offline
1st String

(09-23-2021 06:16 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(09-23-2021 07:50 AM)HuskieJ Wrote:  Did not really think it was that high. It always looks pretty empty. Add some end zone temporary seats, and maybe it would work. Probably a long shot, but you need to try everything to survive right now.

Half of their attendance, or more, is the opposing teams fans (Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn St., etc.).

So true!!!,
09-23-2021 10:05 PM
Advertisement

Big Red Online
All American

If the Fire can figure out a deal to play game in Soldier Field, I'm sure Northwestern can as well.
09-23-2021 10:31 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(09-23-2021 07:07 PM)huskiealum03 Wrote:  This is the crown jewel in NUs upgrade of athletic facilities over the last 5 years. They spent $200-$300mil on their football practice facility (I was on the building design team). Just redid Welsh Ryan, redid their basketball practice facility. They have done an amazing job overall. Definitely top tier over there.

You should be very proud of the job you did, what a terrific facility. It may be the best in college football.

NU is not going to play games at HS, that's not even a bad joke.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2021 05:58 AM by NIU05.)
09-23-2021 10:45 PM
NIU84 Offline
1st String

They damn well better not touch Mustard's Last Stand, one of my favorite hot dog stands, just 500 feet to the west of the stadium.

Can I be on the committee to pick a new NU stadium paint color? It's currently has some type of off-beige color, just not appealing to look at.

The rich get richer. We'll be lucky to use a porta john at HS.
09-23-2021 11:19 PM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

(09-23-2021 10:31 PM)Big Red Wrote:  

If the Fire can figure out a deal to play game in Soldier Field, I'm sure Northwestern can as well.

Disagree. They already have the Fire to accommodate, so the Bears will pitch a fit if another football rips up the turf. You need to turn over every rock to find something to help out, when you are desperate for cash.
09-24-2021 06:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.