Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Bookmark and Share
UMTiger117 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The TIGERS!
Exclamation #4
Guys-we almost lost that game.

We need to fire the staff responsible assigning #s for the players. Two #4 players were present on the same play where we returned the punt for a TD. They could have caught that in the replays and could have nullified the TD.

At the end, two trick plays and a heads up play by our special team, gave us the WIN!

On another note, refs missed a lots of holding calls on the STATE, but when the officiating counted the most, Tigers were the beneficiary. I'll take it.
he
Kudos to the team playing till the last second of the 4th Q. After a dismall first half and only 2 3Dns conversion for the full game and still came out with a victory against a P5 team, I'll take it.
Go Tigers!
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2021 07:21 PM by UMTiger117.)
09-18-2021 07:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

danny1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
RE: #4
(09-18-2021 07:12 PM)UMTiger117 Wrote:  Guys-we almost lost that game.

We need to fire the staff responsible assigning #s for the players. Two #4 players were present on the same play where we returned the punt for a TD. They could have caught that in the replays and could have nullified the TD.

At the end, two trick plays and a heads up play by our special team, gave us the WIN!

On another note, refs missed a lots of holding calls on the STATE, but when the officiating counted the most, Tigers were the beneficiary. I'll take it.
he
Kudos to the team playing till the last second of the 4th Q. After a dismall first half and only 2 3Dns conversion for the full game and still came out with a victory against a P5 team, I'll take it.
Go Tigers!

You’re a friggin idiot with all your “we need to fire the staff responsible” talk. Maybe a player misunderstood and went in by mistake. I’m assuming from your tone that you are perfect and have never made a mistake. I could buy that you are a perfect a-s-h—-!
09-18-2021 10:01 PM
450bench Offline

K thanks
09-18-2021 10:04 PM
CRM114 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

The two #4s would not have lost the game for us. We would still have been up 21-17 with possession. The remaining six minutes of football would have decided the game, not that play.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2021 10:12 PM by CRM114.)
09-18-2021 10:11 PM
TGTiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
Have an adult beverage and enjoy the win.
09-18-2021 10:12 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
I thought it was a salute to TG4.
09-18-2021 11:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
I am going to go down saying it... we were destined to score a TD on that drive anyway. All that would have happened is we would have used up more clock.
09-18-2021 11:18 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-18-2021 11:07 PM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  I thought it was a salute to TG4.

The second #4 had to be him. or Larry Porter.
09-19-2021 12:35 AM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

he
Go Tigers!

Calm down, turbo.
We covered the spread.
We won the game.
We have a 2-0 streak against the SEC, until one of them get brave enough to play us again.
We are 3-0 and in a good position in the AAC.
We will likely get top 25 votes this week.
We have an All American candidate, and two very good freshmen.
Yeah, I'll take it.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021 12:40 AM by Tiger87.)
09-19-2021 12:39 AM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

‘Almost lost’ goes up there with ‘Barely Won’….useless terms
09-19-2021 12:51 AM
mempho_to_diego Offline
2 legit 2 quit

yes, OP - you're right on with the thread title ...

our 4th victory on the season comes next week.
09-19-2021 12:52 AM
Advertisement

Oceana Tiger Offline
All American

We barely won. Thank God the refs reused to call holding 54 out of 60 minutes
09-19-2021 01:08 AM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

he
Go Tigers!

Fire? Harsh. It was a mistake that didn’t hurt us. Next!

Trick play is often misused terminology. We used wild cat. We used a QB reverse throwback that resulted in a TD which I don’t call a trick play. Are you talking about the play where Seth made the late pitch? I don’t call that a trick. All well designed misdirection.
09-19-2021 02:18 AM
DDrum1961 Offline
1st String

(09-18-2021 10:01 PM)danny1 Wrote:  

he
Go Tigers!

You’re a friggin idiot with all your “we need to fire the staff responsible” talk. Maybe a player misunderstood and went in by mistake. I’m assuming from your tone that you are perfect and have never made a mistake. I could buy that you are a perfect a-s-h—-!

Having two players with #4 out there was a fluke .. at the time we went to a “punt safe” return where you leave your defense in and sub in the return man (Austin #4) in for one of the safety’s …. We happened to have a backup DL (White #4) in the game at the time …. If you had subbed out your normal PR team, or had your 1st team Defense in, this wouldn’t have happened .. Again, it was a fluke !!
09-19-2021 06:26 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

Ultra-Slow motion replay showed that there was only one #4 on that play. Austin is so fast it looked like there were two.
09-19-2021 08:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
^^^^
IKE's going with this, He only saw one 4 and the Dude was a BLURR
09-19-2021 09:14 AM
Advertisement

Virginia Tiger Offline
2nd String

(09-19-2021 08:53 AM)mairving Wrote:  Ultra-Slow motion replay showed that there was only one #4 on that play. Austin is so fast it looked like there were two.

03-rotfl
09-19-2021 09:19 AM
UMTiger117 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The TIGERS!
Are you talking about the play where Seth made the late pitch? I don’t call that a trick. All well designed misdirection.[/quote]

No, I was talking about thr direct snap to the TB while QB pretend to look at the sidelines for next play.
09-19-2021 09:29 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(09-19-2021 02:18 AM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  

he
Go Tigers!

Fire? Harsh. It was a mistake that didn’t hurt us. Next!

Trick play is often misused terminology. We used wild cat. We used a QB reverse throwback that resulted in a TD which I don’t call a trick play. Are you talking about the play where Seth made the late pitch? I don’t call that a trick. All well designed misdirection.

He used the right terminology. When we lined up and then Seth turned to look at the sideline to simulate he was getting the play call and stood there as we direct snapped to the RB that was a trick play. It wasn't a wildcat because the QB was lined up in the backfield with the RB.
09-19-2021 09:32 AM
tpaw09 Offline
1st String

Too many years I have walked out of the stadium or at away games pissed about the refs screwing us on calls and it’s nice for the refs to”F up” in our favor.
09-19-2021 09:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.