Keep safe everyone
09-13-2021 07:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

franklyconfused Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Rice
RE: TS Nicholas doing a campus tour in the morning
The campus-wide e-mail sent all non-essential employees home early this afternoon. Classes and non-essential workers are remote until at least Wednesday. They're hoping to reopen some operations (bus service, Fondren, rec center) at noon Tuesday.
09-13-2021 07:43 PM
Barney Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice Owls
From my radar app it appears that Bay City, Angleton, Galveston, Alvin, etc. are getting flooded today, but light in Houston so far. Not so?
09-13-2021 08:46 PM
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Yes the worst of it is absolutely hugging the coast. Tiki Owl probably isn't going to have a pleasant evening (hopefully he and his wife have headed north closer to downtown for the night). But the storm is moving quickly and I think it's just going to be rough overnight and by the morning, things should start to clear up.

Wind is picking up a bit here 25 miles south of downtown, but we're a good 40-45 miles from Gulf (Freeport is due south of us). It wouldn't surprise me if Harris County (apart from the southeast portion of the county) escapes largely unscathed.
09-13-2021 09:03 PM
Advertisement

Tiki Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
Noisy but not damaging night. Wind gusts close to hurricane strength for a brief period, less than expected hard rain, and storm surge at high tide still roughly 5 feet short (even though over the bulkheads) of making the garage level with the house 14 feet above that. Cats did great, even Bert who survived Ike outside on Galveston Island. He acted like he was telling our newest cat, “This is nothing you should have been in Ike”. Never lost power or internet. The latest in storm surge pictures over the years.

[Image: CphdZD.jpg]
09-14-2021 09:13 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Glad you and Dr. Tiki are okay.
09-14-2021 09:47 AM
franklyconfused Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Rice
Due to the power outages (last I heard, about 10% of Harris Co residents, but that was as of several hours ago), Rice canceled all classes today, foregoing the plans to hold them remotely. Campus never lost power from CenterPoint, so they didn't even switch to the generators. The only things that are being seriously impacted today are classes, flu shots, and COVID testing, all of which were canceled, and admin work is still remote. Everything else will begin operating as normal by noon.

E: They're returning to normal operations tomorrow.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2021 12:01 PM by franklyconfused.)
09-14-2021 10:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.