Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA Future
Bookmark and Share
IslandHerd1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Thundering Herd
CUSA Future
CUSA has had some successful runs; all CFB leagues/teams experience cyclical success and highs and lows.

This year the league is off to the best start in recent memory (5-10 years arguably)

The strongest programs in the league to me are LT, FAU, Marshall, UAB. UTSA is coming on strong right now and we all hope they keep rolling.

If we have a banner year, why would anyone defect?

UAB
UTSA
LT

Marshall
WKU
FAU

Arguably the above are the best on each side of the conference, why trade that core for SBC or AAC? If they take our best 3-4 teams, and that’s valuable to them, how valuable is CUSA if we keep everyone??

CUSA could reach out to App St and Liberty, have a few others on the phone and go to 16 but only with teams that add strength.

Everyone is ready to run for the green pastures, but the future of the AAC is bleak, two more solid teams at a minimum are moving out prior to any of us getting into it.

What we need is a new Commish, and our schools to buckle down and build up.
09-10-2021 08:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
RE: CUSA Future
Right now everything is just speculation. We won't know anything until the AAC invites their teams.
09-10-2021 08:35 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-10-2021 08:33 PM)IslandHerd1 Wrote:  CUSA has had some successful runs; all CFB leagues/teams experience cyclical success and highs and lows.

This year the league is off to the best start in recent memory (5-10 years arguably)

The strongest programs in the league to me are LT, FAU, Marshall, UAB. UTSA is coming on strong right now and we all hope they keep rolling.

UAB
UTSA
LT

Marshall
WKU
FAU

Arguably the above are the best on each side of the conference, why trade that core for SBC or AAC? If they take our best 3-4 teams, and that’s valuable to them, how valuable is CUSA if we keep everyone??

CUSA could reach out to App St and Liberty, have a few others on the phone and go to 16 but only with teams that add strength.

Everyone is ready to run for the green pastures, but the future of the AAC is bleak, two more solid teams at a minimum are moving out prior to any of us getting into it.

Someone says that about every realignment cycle, but each of those schools would leap.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
09-10-2021 08:38 PM
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
(09-10-2021 08:33 PM)IslandHerd1 Wrote:  CUSA has had some successful runs; all CFB leagues/teams experience cyclical success and highs and lows.

UAB
UTSA
LT

Marshall
WKU
FAU

Because perception is every bit as important as current strength or lack thereof.
09-10-2021 08:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IslandHerd1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Thundering Herd
(09-10-2021 08:40 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  

UAB
UTSA
LT

Marshall
WKU
FAU

Because perception is every bit as important as current strength or lack thereof.

The future of the AAC for those that jump I suspect looks like what CUSA ended up being for Marshall by the time we got here.
09-10-2021 09:05 PM
Advertisement

HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Why... I can sum it up in 4 words:

Judy and her Jeep !!!
09-10-2021 09:07 PM
Noodles Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Its all about Judy.
I'd rather go indy than stay under her jeep.
09-10-2021 10:01 PM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
You can’t blame Judy for why USM sports sucks balls
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2021 10:57 PM by theATLDawg.)
09-10-2021 10:23 PM
deb025 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(09-10-2021 10:23 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  You can’t blame Jusy for why USM sports sucks balls

Preach.
09-10-2021 10:35 PM
Advertisement

GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC

UAB
UTSA
LT

Marshall
WKU
FAU

The problems CUSA has....
1. Horrible Media Deal
2. Texas centric HQ
3. Mediocre Commissioner
4. Lack of fan interest
5. No regional rivals
6. Too many schools
09-10-2021 11:25 PM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

(09-10-2021 11:25 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  

UAB
UTSA
LT

Marshall
WKU
FAU

1. Horrible Media Deal
2. Texas centric HQ
3. Mediocre Commissioner
4. Lack of fan interest
5. No regional rivals
6. Too many schools

Those 6 things sum it all up for those of us in the East.
09-11-2021 12:28 AM
forphase1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
(09-10-2021 08:33 PM)IslandHerd1 Wrote:  If we have a banner year, why would anyone defect?

Simple. $$$$$$. Even if CUSA has a banner year on the field, we will still be stuck with a pathetic media package and the worst commissioner in college athletics. I expect the AAC to take a cut on their current TV package, but it will likely still be millions more a year per school than the crappy package the brains at CUSA was able to get us.

Same reasons some Marshall fans are considering supporting a Sunbelt move if offered. A better TV deal overall...yeah, not a ton more money but much better exposure. I remember the days in the late 90s and early 2000s when we were a ESPN darling, and I could wear my Marshall gear pretty much anywhere in the country and folks knew who we were as we were on ESPN often. Now I am lucky if I'm even able to find the Marshall game without using some pirated feed.

Facts are it's almost certain that CUSA is going to lose some schools. The number and in which part of the country is up to debate...perhaps very few/one if AAC can pull off a western expansion like some believe. Perhaps as many as 6 or more, if things really go wrong. Change is coming, and all any of our schools can do it hope for the best, and do what we can to put ourselves in the best position possible. But it's probably a pipe dream to think we will all band together and stick it out. The AAC fans a few weeks ago were certain they could raid the B12, and that none of their members would go to that dysfunctional L8, as they were calling them. Yet 3 of the most valuable properties in the AAC are hitting the road. Same thing will happen with CUSA if the AAC wants them. Just the nature of the beast.
09-11-2021 12:54 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies

UAB
UTSA
LT

Marshall
WKU
FAU

A crumb cut 16 ways. Sounds great. Put down the crack pipe. And ESPN is NOT giving CUSA a deal. I'm tired of being on Home Shopping Network and MySpace. No one wants CUSA to exist. Half the member teams don't care if it folds. Getting some games on TV, real TV, is worth whatever else you end up with in the AAC or the Belt. Don't kid yourself. And Marshall is going, too, to one or the other.
09-11-2021 02:21 AM
Advertisement

UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
(09-11-2021 12:28 AM)herdfan129 Wrote:  

UAB
UTSA
LT

Marshall
WKU
FAU

1. Horrible Media Deal
2. Texas centric HQ
3. Mediocre Commissioner
4. Lack of fan interest
5. No regional rivals
6. Too many schools

and yet you want to join another Texas centric conference. Does being located in Dallas instead of Houston make it better?
09-11-2021 06:18 AM
Colonel Angus Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(09-10-2021 10:23 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  You can’t blame Judy for why USM sports sucks balls

This is very true. Greed and stupidity from the few with the power doomed USM. From the current president's hiring of two horrendous AD's who over a 10 year period completely scuttled what was a sinking ship. In a word, failed leadership. Our current president had absolutely zero clue about athletics or the major role that athletics plays in the overall health of your enrollment and donor base.
09-11-2021 07:28 AM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

(09-11-2021 06:18 AM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  

UAB
UTSA
LT

Marshall
WKU
FAU

1. Horrible Media Deal
2. Texas centric HQ
3. Mediocre Commissioner
4. Lack of fan interest
5. No regional rivals
6. Too many schools

and yet you want to join another Texas centric conference. Does being located in Dallas instead of Houston make it better?

HUH? When did the AAC or SBC get 4 Texas teams, always plays their conference tournament in Texas, and are obviously Texas biased?
09-11-2021 07:30 AM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
(09-11-2021 07:30 AM)herdfan129 Wrote:  

UAB
UTSA
LT

Marshall
WKU
FAU

1. Horrible Media Deal
2. Texas centric HQ
3. Mediocre Commissioner
4. Lack of fan interest
5. No regional rivals
6. Too many schools

HUH? When did the AAC or SBC get 4 Texas teams, always plays their conference tournament in Texas, and are obviously Texas biased?

The AAC headquarters is located in Dallas.
09-11-2021 08:15 AM
Advertisement

herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

(09-11-2021 08:15 AM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  
(09-11-2021 07:30 AM)herdfan129 Wrote:  
(09-10-2021 11:25 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  The problems CUSA has....
1. Horrible Media Deal
2. Texas centric HQ
3. Mediocre Commissioner
4. Lack of fan interest
5. No regional rivals
6. Too many schools

The AAC headquarters is located in Dallas.

AND?

Do you really think the eastern teams care where the HQs is actually located?
09-11-2021 08:19 AM
beefcake0520 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: marshall

UAB
UTSA
LT

Marshall
WKU
FAU

Ok, why wouldn't anyone defect given an more stable and prosperous opportunity.

What you are forgetting is the conference school presidents control the commissioner to a large extent and it's obvious this group of schools either don't care or have takes that are all over the place on where the conference should go.

Look at the current version. It was stronger when the new schools first came in than what it is now. We have the shittiest tv deal......ever. This conference is and has been DNR, just a matter of time and it appears time is getting short. Blame Judy, blame the school presidents, regents etc, this is just the wrong group of schools to be together.
09-11-2021 08:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.