Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I Cleaned Up Too Much Rep Abuse Last Night! You Are On Notice......
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
I Cleaned Up Too Much Rep Abuse Last Night! You Are On Notice......
....Anyone giving a single poster more than 2 Neg Reps in a 24 Hour Period Will Receive a Banning of no less than 30 days.

Stop this ridiculous Romper Room Crap Now!

Abusers were on both sides of the political divide.

One of you gave 6 to one poster in the same day.

I found 4 guilty parties and I doubt I found all, but I will.

Anyone giving 3 Neg Reps in the same 24 hours starting today 09/08/2021 will take a long vacation.
09-08-2021 02:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
RE: I Cleaned Up Too Much Rep Abuse Last Night! You Are On Notice......
Is it possible that the whole concept of “reputation points” has outlived its usefulness?
09-08-2021 08:45 AM
stinkfist Offline
laughing at MSM meltdown

I Root For: StL Cards
(09-08-2021 08:45 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Is it possible that the whole concept of “reputation points” has outlived its usefulness?

been there - done that

it serves a purpose…

I don’t believe in neg reps…and I read ‘em all/ignore no one…
09-08-2021 08:55 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(09-08-2021 08:55 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  I don’t believe in neg reps…and I read ‘em all/ignore no one…
I’ve never given negative points to anyone on these forums.

I do have some on ignore, though
09-08-2021 08:57 AM
Eldonabe Online
Heisman

I Root For: All but Uconn
I don't give neg points that much, but I certainly have a few time and they [imo] deserved it in the moment.

I am sure this came about because of Danforth yesterday - he certainly came off his suspension with a vengeance and some serious catching up to do.... Quite prolific actually.
09-08-2021 09:11 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
Pretty sure danforth is the only user i’ve ever given a neg rep to.
09-08-2021 09:28 AM
Advertisement

BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(09-08-2021 09:28 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Pretty sure danforth is the only user i’ve ever given a neg rep to.

I'm pretty sure I will neg rep that little b!tch once a day for the rest of the year even though I have him on ignore lol
09-08-2021 09:55 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(09-08-2021 09:55 AM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  
(09-08-2021 09:28 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Pretty sure danforth is the only user i’ve ever given a neg rep to.

I'm pretty sure I will neg rep that little b!tch once a day for the rest of the year even though I have him on ignore lol

I mean, that doesn’t break any rules 03-wink
09-08-2021 09:56 AM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
I do wonder what is the stance on trolling though. He's obviously a troll. AUP Rule 6states "Do not troll". But yet, here he is and every post is a troll post.
09-08-2021 09:59 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(09-08-2021 09:55 AM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  

(09-08-2021 08:45 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Is it possible that the whole concept of “reputation points” has outlived its usefulness?

[Image: signs_point.jpg]
09-08-2021 10:08 AM
BlueDragon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TSU
(09-08-2021 08:55 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

been there - done that

it serves a purpose…

Not sure why anyone would want to dilute the negative or positive point system. The system IMO was put in place to be used only when a specific or important point or humor is made for positive or when someone crosses the line in subhuman behavior for negative. I have used both and anyone who has seen my negatives would see why I used them. But, once it used your point has been made to the poster. Multiples just makes it redundant and takes away from its original meaning.
09-08-2021 10:21 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(09-08-2021 10:21 AM)BlueDragon Wrote:  

been there - done that

it serves a purpose…

Not sure why anyone would want to dilute the negative or positive point system. The system IMO was put in place to be used only when a specific or important point or humor is made for positive or when someone crosses the line in subhuman behavior for negative. I have used both and anyone who has seen my negatives would see why I used them. But, once it used your point has been made to the poster. Multiples just makes it redundant and takes away from its original meaning.

To me, the issue is that when someone receives a neg rep, their immediate reaction is not to think what they might have done to deserve it, but to quickly go and neg rep the person back. It then just all turns rather childish.

And no, I'm not claiming that I have not engaged in similar behavior with certain posters...but those posters are WELL aware of what they're doing.
09-08-2021 10:30 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I don't think I have used the negative rep extensively. What I have done is report posters.
09-08-2021 10:31 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(09-08-2021 10:31 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I don't think I have used the negative rep extensively. What I have done is report posters.

Good point. I think we should all start exercising that option more.
09-08-2021 10:36 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
May I suggest advising the other moderators to start enforcing the rule about personal attacks, including themselves.

I accept that things get heated here on the political board, but I don't think that a post about football on the AAC board should result in being called "a POS" and told to "F yourself"... only to have the moderator threatening YOU to be banned.

Not that I lost a minute of sleep about it but come on, you guys are moderators not the thought police.
09-08-2021 10:37 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(09-08-2021 10:37 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  May I suggest advising the other moderators to start enforcing the rule about personal attacks, including themselves.

I accept that things get heated here on the political board, but I don't think that a post about football on the AAC board should result in being called "a POS" and told to "F yourself"... only to have the moderator threatening YOU to be banned.

Not that I lost a minute of sleep about it but come on, you guys are moderators not the thought police.

Dude, that's insane. I'd go straight to GTS in that situation. Damn.

As to this place, the problem to me seems to be that the mods have basically checked out from this forum. JR isn't a moderator of this forum, but he genuinely wants to make it better, so as a supermod, he's doing what he can.
09-08-2021 10:41 AM
Advertisement

gdunn Online
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(09-08-2021 10:41 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(09-08-2021 10:37 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  May I suggest advising the other moderators to start enforcing the rule about personal attacks, including themselves.

As to this place, the problem to me seems to be that the mods have basically checked out from this forum. JR isn't a moderator of this forum, but he genuinely wants to make it better, so as a supermod, he's doing what he can.

I think the problem here too is that it's hard to find someone who's impartial. They're few and far between and most of those guys don't want to be a mod.

You name someone that leans too far one side and several on the other aisle will complain. And that goes for both sides.
09-08-2021 10:52 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(09-08-2021 10:41 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Well, as you know, I don't really care what is said on here. To me its all fair game.

But a post about football... which I actually did mostly in jest... should not end up in a bunch of adult babies who's football teams suck lobbing insults.

And then to have the moderator come after me... COME ON, MAN !
09-08-2021 11:01 AM
BlueDragon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TSU
(09-08-2021 10:30 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(09-08-2021 10:21 AM)BlueDragon Wrote:  

been there - done that

it serves a purpose…

To me, the issue is that when someone receives a neg rep, their immediate reaction is not to think what they might have done to deserve it, but to quickly go and neg rep the person back. It then just all turns rather childish.

And no, I'm not claiming that I have not engaged in similar behavior with certain posters...but those posters are WELL aware of what they're doing.

If someone gives you negative points in retaliation that is childish. It should only be used and attached to a specific inappropriate post. You crossed the line yourself with a subhuman comment you made and gave you negative points. Whether or not you agree at the very least you could review what you posted.
09-08-2021 11:03 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
I really haven't moderated the boards since like 2016ish, but politics is almost impossible to moderate without someone feeling like their side is being picked on. Act like adults and treat others how you want to be treated. I know when someone resorts to personal attacks, they already lost the argument with me, and I really never reply to it.
09-08-2021 12:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2021 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.