Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NIU: Stay with the red tops and black pants at all home games
Bookmark and Share
jjj Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
Congrats to the coaching staff and players on an outstanding victory.

Please keep the red top and black pants for all home games this year and keep the NIU "brand" going. Best uniform combo in all of college football.
09-05-2021 01:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

RE: NIU: Stay with the red tops and black pants at all home games
(09-05-2021 01:25 PM)jjj Wrote:  Congrats to the coaching staff and players on an outstanding victory.

Please keep the red top and black pants for all home games this year and keep the NIU "brand" going. Best uniform combo in all of college football.

Thought the same thing.
09-05-2021 01:35 PM
jjj Offline
Special Teams

The two point pass play was number 3 highlight on ESPN College Football Final last night, but all the local TV stations in Chicago had
college highlights of Illinois, Wisconsin, and even Iowa before any NIU highlights on the 10 pm news.

Some things never change. Channel 5 sports even started out with "Notre Dame does not play today, they play tomorrow" before going to Illinois highlights....
09-05-2021 01:40 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
"No"

All black, black tops on red bottoms, anything that isn't white at home is great.
09-05-2021 01:48 PM
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Huskies
(09-05-2021 01:25 PM)jjj Wrote:  Congrats to the coaching staff and players on an outstanding victory.

Epic Applause
09-05-2021 03:05 PM
HUSKiESbelieve Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU Huskies
These uniforms are aggressive and sharp. The last few years NIU and Adidas were getting a little too cute with their style uniforms.
09-05-2021 06:42 PM
Advertisement

DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
(09-05-2021 01:40 PM)jjj Wrote:  The two point pass play was number 3 highlight on ESPN College Football Final last night, but all the local TV stations in Chicago had
college highlights of Illinois, Wisconsin, and even Iowa before any NIU highlights on the 10 pm news.

Some things never change. Channel 5 sports even started out with "Notre Dame does not play today, they play tomorrow" before going to Illinois highlights....

Print edition of Sun Times had a paragraph with all the other scores from around the country. 01-lauramac2
09-05-2021 07:28 PM
HuskieBowWow Offline
All American

Totally agree. These are classic uniform colors for us.
09-05-2021 07:52 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
As a self-anointed fashion guru, I would much prefer a red helmet, red top, red pants, red socks, red shoes, but black patent leather underwear that shows through the diaphanous pants. It will be a look that would give the Huskies a national reputation in football and haute couture fashion.
09-06-2021 12:00 PM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I like the all black just as much but the dark dogs are my favorites of all time. Gotta bring those back!!!!!
09-06-2021 02:14 PM
pvk75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Stop swapping out uniform colors & designs just because you can. Keep the red top, black pants and black helmet with reflective "NIU." The dog's head is cute but nothing says NIU like NIU. And maybe those morons in the media will stop calling us UNI ... otherwise, retake Reading 101.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2021 02:43 PM by pvk75.)
09-06-2021 02:41 PM
Advertisement

jjj Offline
Special Teams

(09-06-2021 02:41 PM)pvk75 Wrote:  Stop swapping out uniform colors & designs just because you can. Keep the red top, black pants and black helmet with reflective "NIU." The dog's head is cute but nothing says NIU like NIU. And maybe those morons in the media will stop calling us UNI ... otherwise, retake Reading 101.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Doesn't it also help the qb's vision when the same uniforms are worn each home game so their brain can get used to looking for a red top/black bottom jersey on pass routes? I think it does - subconsciously.....
09-06-2021 03:04 PM
uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
(09-05-2021 07:28 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  Print edition of Sun Times had a paragraph with all the other scores from around the country.

That is not about coverage bias -- although that does exist -- it's more a function of today's reality: newspaper deadlines are much, much earlier. Half of the agate page regardless of sport lists games followed by a game and the word "late."
09-06-2021 04:02 PM
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

(09-05-2021 07:28 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  
(09-05-2021 01:40 PM)jjj Wrote:  The two point pass play was number 3 highlight on ESPN College Football Final last night, but all the local TV stations in Chicago had

Print edition of Sun Times had a paragraph with all the other scores from around the country. 01-lauramac2
Nothing at all in HustleBelt, surprising.
09-06-2021 05:09 PM
142niu Offline
Special Teams

They are a great "classic" NIU combo of uniform.

I do like our all whites on the road too. We have had some nice wins in that combo. Nebraska and Northwestern come to mind.
09-06-2021 05:40 PM
Skinut Offline
1st String

(09-06-2021 04:02 PM)uiniu57 Wrote:  
(09-05-2021 07:28 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  Print edition of Sun Times had a paragraph with all the other scores from around the country.

That is not about coverage bias -- although that does exist -- it's more a function of today's reality: newspaper deadlines are much, much earlier. Half of the agate page regardless of sport lists games followed by a game and the word "late."

That is part of it. Additionally, it's the cash crunch that all print media is facing. Papers are dying all over, those that remain are downsizing or printing less frequently and staff has been cut drastically. It's been a curse on our information flow on all fronts. Ad revenue has shrunk dramatically because people don't read the physical paper much anymore and online is not as lucrative (although better for targeting). All this leads to less column inches available and less coverage of just about everything.
09-06-2021 07:25 PM
Advertisement

jjj Offline
Special Teams

Thank you NIU football for sticking with the home red top, black pants combo......!!!! The "brand" is being built again at home games. NIU is 3-1 in this combo this year and is 50 seconds away from being 4-0 in this combo after falling late in the game to Wyoming....

NIU can win all remaining home games with this combo imo, congrats on a homecoming victory!!!
10-03-2021 01:16 AM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I want my dark dawgs!!!!
10-03-2021 08:17 AM
NorthCoast Away
Your DEFINITIVE MAC source

I Root For: NIU/Equity/Beer
(10-03-2021 01:16 AM)jjj Wrote:  Thank you NIU football for sticking with the home red top, black pants combo......!!!! The "brand" is being built again at home games. NIU is 3-1 in this combo this year and is 50 seconds away from being 4-0 in this combo after falling late in the game to Wyoming....

NIU can win all remaining home games with this combo imo, congrats on a homecoming victory!!!

Make Huskie Stadium feared again.
10-03-2021 08:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Yeah I mean, they're the school colors. And they look good. They should stick with that.
10-03-2021 08:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.