Western Michigan
Miami
Ohio
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Northern Illinois
Bowling Green St
Akron

This ranking isn't meant to be a 'where will they finish' but a power ranking based on where we are now. Example: Buffalo finished #25 last year, so I'm not going to punish them & bring them down like I'm seeing many rankings/predictions, just bump them down a few pegs.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2021 01:12 PM by Bronco'14.)
09-01-2021 10:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cmufanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: cmu chippewas
RE: Pre Week 1 Rankings
seems accurate to me
09-01-2021 12:23 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Buffalo is going to have to prove it. They lost a very good head coach and he took a bunch of players with him to Kansas.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2021 02:56 PM by epasnoopy.)
09-01-2021 02:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
UB lost Nunn, Patterson, Oline, Coach and staff... The easiest under in America! No way do i have them near the top.

TIER 1: Tie
BSU
WMU
UT

TIER 2: Tie
KENT
MIAMI
CMU
OU
EMU
UB

TIER 3: Tie
NIU
AKRON
BG

Work the season to manuever up and down.
09-01-2021 05:19 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Kent is my sleeper pick to win the MAC; very talented and explosive offense with solid coaching. UB is reeling, OU no longer has Solich, and Miami is always a wild card with Chuck Martin at helm.

Ball State should be good as well, but it's so difficult to repeat in the modern MAC that it'll be hard to do so when they've got a target on their back for a full schedule.
09-02-2021 09:41 AM
zrb2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: U at Buffalo
Not sure what UB is going to be?, but I'm encouraged after what the new coaching staff has brought to the table. The players seem to have bought in and there are several "plug n play" guys that were recruited to replace some of the defections. They won't be as good as last year, (not after losing Jaret Patterson and some O-linemen) but the drop off won't be as severe as I thought it might be.
09-02-2021 12:52 PM
Advertisement

Frozenbaugh Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ball State
(09-02-2021 09:41 AM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Kent is my sleeper pick to win the MAC; very talented and explosive offense with solid coaching. UB is reeling, OU no longer has Solich, and Miami is always a wild card with Chuck Martin at helm.

Ball State should be good as well, but it's so difficult to repeat in the modern MAC that it'll be hard to do so when they've got a target on their back for a full schedule.

It will be a fun west race. I don't think that BSU will get out of K-zoo with a win but I expect the Cardinals to have a really good year. They won all of the close ones last year and they won't win all of them this year. (Some called it luck but it happened 7 times).
09-02-2021 02:41 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(09-02-2021 02:41 PM)Frozenbaugh Wrote:  
(09-02-2021 09:41 AM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Kent is my sleeper pick to win the MAC; very talented and explosive offense with solid coaching. UB is reeling, OU no longer has Solich, and Miami is always a wild card with Chuck Martin at helm.

It will be a fun west race. I don't think that BSU will get out of K-zoo with a win but I expect the Cardinals to have a really good year. They won all of the close ones last year and they won't win all of them this year. (Some called it luck but it happened 7 times).

Western will probably lose a couple at least. Even if you lose to us, you can do it so long as someone like Toledo doesn't run the table in conference
09-02-2021 03:04 PM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
On paper Toledo is the best team in the MAC. They win the recruiting wars almost every year. Unfortunately coaching does matter. Toledo play calling is often suspect. Toledo is great at getting penalized at crucial times. If Toledo plays Notre Dame tough it will send a message to the rest of the conference. Toledo is undefeated against Michigan, Arkansas and Penn State. It will likely stay this way since they have no interest in playing the Rockets again. It is unlikely Notre Dame will be really excited to play Toledo so there could be another surprise coming. The Rocket QB has been around big games since his father is a former NFL head coach. This will be his chance to show he has NFL potential.
09-02-2021 03:41 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Agree on both fronts. I think Kent is the team to beat in the East (say what?!?) and Ball State the team to beat in the West. I could see any of BSU, Toledo, or WMU winning the West since its hard to win the West.

NIU (2011 & 2012), CMU (2006 & 2007), and Marshall (1997-2000) have been the only MAC teams to win back-to-back MAC titles since the start of the first MAC Championship game in 1997.
09-02-2021 04:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
Ball St really looks bad.
09-02-2021 07:39 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Ball State struggling to pull away from Western Illinois. Pass defense is getting shredded.

I have no clue who or where Wagner is but Buffalo is destroying them.

Bowling Green giving Tennessee a game so far but they need to find their run game if they want to have a chance to win.
09-02-2021 08:28 PM
mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU
Looks like we’re turning back into a pumpkin
09-02-2021 08:29 PM
Frozenbaugh Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ball State
Ball State did look bad. Only positive I took from it is they were good enough to be bad and still win.

Coach was already talking how it was good to be punched in the mouth by an ok WIU team. Woof. Hoping some of it was a vanilla playbook before Penn State next week.
09-03-2021 06:54 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Western Illinois often gives NIU fits as well.
09-03-2021 07:05 AM
Schadenfreude Online
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(09-02-2021 08:28 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Bowling Green giving Tennessee a game so far but they need to find their run game if they want to have a chance to win.

Before Thursday night, I would have picked Bowling Green dead last in the MAC and perhaps the country. Our performance in Tennessee, while far short of where we want to be as a program, was somewhat encouraging. Two-thirds of our roster graduated high school in 2020 or 2021.

Bowling Green's home opener against South Alabama could be interesting.
09-04-2021 05:45 AM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Huskies go into 2nd qtr up 7-0. Let's keep the foot on the pedal Huskies!
09-04-2021 07:15 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Riding Waylee hard. Boy is a workhorse!

Huskies up 14-0!
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2021 07:22 PM by epasnoopy.)
09-04-2021 07:21 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Huskies recover a fumble. Let's score here and put them on the ropes!
09-04-2021 07:30 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

NIU had a fumble scoop and score to go up 21-0 but ACC refs trying to keep the game from getting out of hand and call GT RB down before the fumble.
09-04-2021 07:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.