Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NIU College of Business Launches De La Vega Innovation Lab
Bookmark and Share
The Huskie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU Huskies
NIU College of Business Launches De La Vega Innovation Lab
The donor-funded collaboration hub will foster creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship throughout the NIU community and beyond.

https://www.niutoday.info/2021/08/23/niu...ation-lab/

The 3,000-square-foot space is a state-of-the-art hub for bringing interdisciplinary approaches to real-world problems. All NIU stakeholders will have the opportunity to use the lab to identify emerging needs and create new products and services.

Users will have access to 3D printers, rolling white boards, conferencing and computing technologies. Moveable seating and tables allow for a range of configurations to suit a variety of needs.

I am glad to see NIU get this lab. Thanks to the donors who funded it.
08-25-2021 09:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
RE: NIU College of Business Launches De La Vega Innovation Lab
Good stuff.
08-25-2021 09:31 AM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

Thanks for posting this, it is a point of pride for the College of Business. I am an old fart that graduated with an accounting degree back in 1975. I took NIU's CPA review course and passed the exam the fall after I graduated.
After working in public accounting for what was then one of the BIG 8 firms I attended grad school at The University of Denver. My profs at Denver were all aware of NIU's program and told me that I had come from a very strong undergrad program.

I am so thankful for the education that I received at NIU. It enabled me to have a nice career in Financial Management and to retire at a young enough age to enjoy my retirement. I keep hearing that NIU has regressed and that is likely due in part to the fact that the state of Illinois is bankrupt. I do like our current president, she deserves our support and I am rooting for her success and NIUs success.
08-25-2021 12:48 PM
Advertisement

NIU75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
I hope SF will give them a call so that they can bring interdisciplinary approaches to real-world problems of the athletic department.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2021 02:38 PM by NIU75.)
08-25-2021 02:37 PM
HUSKiESbelieve Offline
Special Teams

This lab is a great addition to the college. Love that NIU is facilitating even more entrepreneurship and innovation for students to explore. I saw Ralph de la Vega speak at NIU and he has a great story of resilience. These stories and more are why quality public education opportunities should be available, while some squander the opportunity, many utilize the opportunities when given a chance.

Excerpt about the Innovation lab below:

“When we ask people to be creative, we’re asking them to pull on their vulnerability, and in order to be vulnerable, you need to feel safe,” she said. “Safe emotionally, safe that you can make mistakes. It is expected the work done in the lab will contribute to solving pressing global problems including food insecurity, sustainability, and climate change."
08-25-2021 04:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.