Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EA Sports NCAA Football Conference Builder Thread
BigEastMike Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Big East
EA Sports NCAA Football Conference Builder Thread
With the excitement of the announcement that EA Sports will be once again at some point in the future rereleasing it's yearly smash hit game NCAA Football. I went out and bought a 360 and a copy of NCAA 13. It's been fun playing again and starting dynasties with different conference layouts. I was hoping to share my most recent and ask everyone else to share some of theirs.

With the new game eventually coming out I hope they make the team builder section actually in the game and not on some crummy website. I'd also be okay if you could buy FCS teams in the XBOX/Playstation store. What should they add or get rid of from the game or the custom conference builder?

(Remember I have to use the conference names that were programed in back in 2013 i'd personally like to see you be able to change conference names and the ability to get rid of a conference if need be.)

Big East:
North- Penn St, Rutgers, UConn, BC, Syracuse, Buffalo
South- Temple, Pitt, WVU, UVA, VT, Maryland

ACC:
North- UNC, Duke, NC St, Wake, ECU, Clemson, USC
South- Florida, FSU, Miami, UCF, USF, Georgia, GT

SEC:
East- Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, UK, Louisville
West- LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St, Tulane, Memphis

Sunbelt:
North- OU, OK St, Tulsa, TCU, SMU, Baylor
South- Texas, Tech, A&M, Houston, UTEP, New Mexico

Big Ten:
East- Ohio St, Michigan, MSU, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Cincinatti
West- Illinois, NW, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Iowa St, Minnesota

Big XII:
East- Nebraska, Kansas, KSU, Colorado, CSU, Wyoming
West- Arizona, ASU, BYU, Utah, Nevada, UNLV

Pac-12:
North- Washington, WSU, Oregon, OSU, Boise, Hawaii
South- Stanford, Cal, Fresno, USC, UCLA, SD St

I didn't get into the weeds with the rest of the conferences.
08-21-2021 07:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

46566 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Gonzaga
RE: EA Sports NCAA Football Conference Builder Thread
If it's me I would prefer a AD mode for your school. Like the manager mode for FIFA. You have to buy upgrades for different sections of the school football team. Things like stadium,weight room, trainers, etc. Schools that exist in either fbs or FCS already have pre established numbers. If you create a school you start as a independent FCS team.

As a AD you hire head, assistant coaches and recruiting directors. While people will be playing the games maybe give coaches have passive abilities on the players like a small boost to passing or what ever. The higher prestige of the school the better a school can recruit, get better coaches(better boosts) and better conference affiliation.

For conference affiliation maybe have prestige of the team and location determine if a conference invites you. I'd keep the fcs all star teams as fictional independent teams also. Each conference could get a monetary payout based off of schools in conference and how they do. A example of a easy conference to join would be the pioneer league with no funding for scholarships but little payout per school unless the player school goes on a run in the playoffs which would help every team in conference. As a independent FCS team you wouldn't have a set payout but are tied to the scholarship limit unless tied to the pioneer or conferences that restrict scholarships. Maybe conferences give each school a free recruiting pipeline to each state the conference is in.

For the game adding and removing schools from conferences I would get away from adding and replacing one school. Conferences may drop schools that just underperform or expand if schools offer more recruiting or increased payout. Have the FCS playoffs payouts help the conferences and teams. FBS payday games could help (but keep upsetting fbs teams then they won't agree to a game) moving into FBS should just cost money to go independent plus the minimum scholarship requirements. Bowl payouts could affect schools and conferences also. Every 3-6 game years have bowl matchups change based on strength of the conferences. Though each conference is given a minimum number of bowls. Basically capped at 9 but given at least 3 or 4.
08-21-2021 11:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.