WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Broncos in the NFL
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Broncos in the NFL
I thought I'd start a thread that we can run all season. Post whatever you know or saw regarding Broncos in the league.

I've been watching (looking for news on) both Bellamy and Eskridge. Since the NFL has gone to a 3 preseason game schedule, this weekend, for most teams was a chance to watch their young guys. Few starters saw action across the league with cutdown day coming up.

Bellamy spent most of last season on Denver's taxi squad but did get activated several times and had a few carries. Last night, he got in and got a few carries. He DID have a 60 yard kickoff return, though. Then, he suffered an ankle injury. No word yet on how serious.

I tuned into the Seattle game tonight hoping to see Eskridge. Was not playing. According to the official Seahawks site:

Quote:In much more positive news, the Seahawks are expecting to get rookie receiver D'Wayne Eskridge and running back Travis Homer off of the physically unable to perform list next week.

"We're going to take the wrapping off of him next week," Carroll said of Eskridge, Seattle's first pick in the 2021 draft. "We're excited to get him back. He looks fantastic in his workouts. He looks great. We've got to make sure before he really gets into full-speed action that he's back and in condition for that, but as far as his power and his strength, (change of direction) all that kind of stuff, he's back. We're really looking forward to that… Travis Homer is at that same point too. Both of those guys are ready to bounce back next week."

Anybody have any other news/observations about other Broncos in the NFL?
08-16-2021 12:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
RE: Broncos in the NFL
Corey Davis seems to be a favorite target of new QB Zach Wilson. The first 4 or 5 passes of the game went his way. The Jets were without their 2nd round WR rookie Elijah Moore, though. I'm excited to see what Saleh can do with the Jets. He has already overhauled the roster in just one offseason.

Jaylon Moore has been impressing in 49ers training camp.

Chukwuma Okorafor and Robert Spillane both started for the Steelers this week.

Darius Phillips was impressive in the Bengals' 1st preaseason game. He had two passes defended and a good kick return.

Moton of course continues to be a rock for the Panthers O-line.

I really want to see what Eskridge can do.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021 07:48 AM by ColinApocalypse.)
08-16-2021 07:48 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(08-16-2021 07:48 AM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  Corey Davis seems to be a favorite target of new QB Zach Wilson.

Just 2 Potato Bowl MVP's doing their thing. Hopefully the chemistry continues to build.
08-16-2021 09:10 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

My son says Ricci was mixing it up in his preseason game yesterday.
08-16-2021 09:11 AM
WMUPorter Offline
Special Teams

(08-16-2021 09:11 AM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  My son says Ricci was mixing it up in his preseason game yesterday.
Who is Ricci playing for?
08-16-2021 10:37 AM
WMUPorter Offline
Special Teams

I read that Eskridge will be coming off of the PUP list this week and he is ready to go.
08-16-2021 10:38 AM
Advertisement

SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

Broncos in the NFL
Current list

[Image: 694d71b1910c4966ebb68edf12a1498f.png]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021 02:12 PM by SilentStryk09.)
08-16-2021 02:11 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Very nice.

Where are we in the MAC for active NFL players, I wonder?
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021 06:32 PM by Bronco'14.)
08-16-2021 06:32 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(08-16-2021 06:32 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  Very nice.

Where are we in the MAC for active NFL players, I wonder?

Close to the top. Toledo probably has the most, but WMU, CMU, NIU and Buffalo all have a good amount of players in the NFL right now.

Of course, it's preseason right now. We'll see how things stand after rosters are cut down to 53.
08-16-2021 07:58 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(08-16-2021 02:11 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  Current list

[Image: 694d71b1910c4966ebb68edf12a1498f.png]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My guesses-

Locks- Davis, Eskridge, Moton, Okorafor, Spillane, Phillips

Moore- I think it's unlikely they cut a 4th rounder who was drafted on "upside", but apparently he's struggled in camp, so it's a possibility

Beal- appears to be struggling and fading with the Giants, although I kind of doubt it's his last chance if he is cut

Beavers- may actually make the team out of camp due to injuries but guessing he spends the majority of the year on the practice squad at best when all is said and done. Continues to surprise me with his staying power though.

Bellamy- may lose out on a spot because of the Javonte Williams pick. Wouldn't be surprised to see him picked up off waivers and I would think Denver's practice squad is probably worst case scenario.

Ricci- think he's a fringe candidate at this point

I think on final cut day we see 8 on active rosters.

Edit- Forgot Juriga. Not sure what to expect on him. Has played in 13 games over the past 2 seasons and Philly seems to be fairly high on his potential, but the numbers don't seem to be in his favor. Again, practice squad seems to be the worst case, but I think the Eagles risk losing him altogether if they go that route.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021 09:12 PM by wmubroncopilot.)
08-16-2021 08:28 PM
BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

Corey Davis coming in at #91 on NFL Network's top 100. I think he has his best season this year as Zach Wilson's #1 target.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2021 09:18 PM by BroncoMinor.)
08-16-2021 08:49 PM
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Love watching Spillane do his thing! The Pittsburgh linebacker unit is fricking loaded.
08-17-2021 06:53 AM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

Bellamy and Juriga both cut with injuries.
08-18-2021 08:07 AM
Broncodan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Broncos!!
Bellamy kickoff return against Minnesota

https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/1426662598813028353
08-18-2021 02:33 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(08-16-2021 08:49 PM)BroncoMinor Wrote:  Corey Davis coming in at #91 on NFL Network's top 100. I think he has best season this year as Zach Wilson's #1 target.

08-19-2021 07:14 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Quote:The Broncos also designated wide receiver DeVontres Dukes, running back LeVante Bellamy and defensive lineman Deyon Sizer as waived/injured.

Hope somebody picks him up.

Quote:Yes, Seahawks receiver Dee Eskridge — listed as D’Wayne on the team’s roster — prefers to go by Dee.

That might be increasingly relevant now that Seattle’s first pick in the 2021 draft — taken 56th overall — is back on the field at the VMAC, taking part in practices all week after sitting out the first three weeks while dealing with a toe injury.

“I’m just happy to be healthy enough to be back out there again,’’ Eskridge said following Thursday’s practice in which he caught several passes during team drills in what was the most action he has gotten yet.

Actually, though, the first thing for Eskridge each day in recent weeks is the alarm clock going off at 5:15 a.m.

That’s so he can get to the VMAC each day and do a little extra work with notorious early riser Russell Wilson.

“Every morning, we get out here and we walk on the field at 5:45, 6 and me and him just go through plays for 45 minutes to an hour,’’ Wilson said. “There’s still dew on the grass, but it’s good to go through the plays and really visualize it. To go through everything mentally and focus on it.’’

Quote:Eskridge, who was taken off the PUP list Tuesday, said he now feels 100%.

And that means he can fully join the third-receiver battle, a spot usually held so far by Freddie Swain.

He said the workouts with Wilson and the other non-practice stuff he’s been able to do have him in a good place to hit the ground running, though he admitted he worried briefly he was falling behind as the injury lingered.

“It was some pressure at first,’’ Eskridge said.

But he said Carroll told him not to worry about that, instead just concentrate on getting better.

“They constantly encouraged me,’’ he said.

Whether Eskridge plays in the preseason remains to be determined — Carroll said this week that they hope he can but that he won’t be rushed just to try to make that happen.

Wilson, who has seen Eskridge in action more than anyone, says he has no question that when the time comes, Eskridge will prove worth the wait.

“He’s a really smart player, he’s as physical as can be,’’ Wilson said. “So to see why we drafted him — I knew why, but to be out here with him the first couple of days is really cool to see.

“… We’ve been spending so much extra class time together out in the field, like real reps out in the field. Running through every situation, every play, top to bottom. He’s doing a tremendous job with it. I have tremendous confidence in what he’s doing, and I’m super excited about him.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah...lass-time/

Hey mods, can we pin this thread for the season?
08-21-2021 02:10 PM
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

(08-21-2021 02:10 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Hey mods, can we pin this thread for the season?

You got it.

Also, I think Davis is going to have a big year with the Jets.
08-21-2021 09:12 PM
WMU2013 Offline
All American

Giovanni Ricci made the Panthers as a FB
09-01-2021 02:37 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(09-01-2021 02:37 PM)WMU2013 Wrote:  Giovanni Ricci made the Panthers as a FB

Wow! Nice surprise.
09-01-2021 02:41 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

CD went for 5 catches for 97 and 2 TDs today. Unfortunately the Jets didn't do much else as that accounted for all their scoring.

Eskridge made his debut and broke off a couple decent runs (2 carries 22 yards) and caught one for 6 yards.

Phillips was quiet on the stat sheet defensively, one tackle but did return 5 punts for a solid 53 yards.
09-12-2021 03:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.