Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

When are the Big12 bowl contracts up for renewal? Could the ACC make progress there?
ren.hoek Offline
1st String

I Root For: Clemson
Exclamation When are the Big12 bowl contracts up for renewal? Could the ACC make progress there?
Replacing the Big12 in the Sugar Bowl matchup with the SEC comes to mind.
08-14-2021 08:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
RE: When are the Big12 bowl contracts up for renewal? Could the ACC make progress there?
At this point, they are probably up the same time the CFP expires and the B12 GoR is up. So, 2025.
08-14-2021 12:53 PM
schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
RE: When are the Big12 bowl contracts up for renewal? Could the ACC make progress there?
https://big12sports.com/news/2019/5/23/211718886.aspx

Valero Alamo (San Antonio) - Pac 12
Cheez-It (Orlando) - ACC
Texas (Houston) - SEC
AutoZone Liberty (Memphis) - SEC
Guaranteed Rate (Phoenix) - Big 10
Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl (Ft. Worth)*/SERVPRO First Responders Bowl* ("University Park", TX - Dallas Area) - AAC/C-USA

I'd love for the Big 10 to snatch Orlando from the Big 12 to play the ACC. If the Big 12 gets Central Florida, they'd have a good argument to keep it. The SEC also is a good option as well. They already have the Texas and Liberty bowls. There's a thread about "SEC vs. SEC" bowls in the main board. Assuming that's not feasible, maybe the ACC jumps in there. Memphis is a bit further away from the ACC but might be reasonable for Louisville. On the other hand if the Big 12 adds Memphis that's a good argument for the Big 12 to keep it.

Hey if it were up to me I'll let the ACC have Phoenix from the Big Ten ... if you want it. Why doesn't the Pac 12 just go there?
08-16-2021 08:00 AM
Advertisement

Fighting Muskie Online
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
I imagine what we will see is, if/when the champs of the following conferences, are among the top 4 conference champs they’ll be tied to:

ACC: Orange
SEC: Sugar
Big 10: Rose
PAC 12: Rose

Whoever the 4th qtr final bowl is, the Fiesta/Cotton, will always get 2 winners from opening round games.

As far as the other Big 12 Bowl tie ins go, it should be interesting to see who re-ups with the Big 12 and who goes looking for alternatives.
08-16-2021 12:57 PM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
My guesses:

Rose: B1G vs PAC
Sugar: SEC vs B1G
Orange: ACC vs SEC/B1G/ND
Cotton: SEC vs At-Large
Fiesta: PAC vs At-Large
Peach: ACC/ND vs At-Large
08-16-2021 01:13 PM
schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
(08-16-2021 12:57 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  I imagine what we will see is, if/when the champs of the following conferences, are among the top 4 conference champs they’ll be tied to:

ACC: Orange
SEC: Sugar
Big 10: Rose
PAC 12: Rose

Whoever the 4th qtr final bowl is, the Fiesta/Cotton, will always get 2 winners from opening round games.

As far as the other Big 12 Bowl tie ins go, it should be interesting to see who re-ups with the Big 12 and who goes looking for alternatives.

Might also depend on their backfills. Interesting that three of the Big 12 bowl agreements are in Houston, Memphis, and Orlando and three AAC schools are located at those sites. The Big 12 also has Dallas/Ft. Worth bowl agreements and SMU is in the AAC but TCU is in the Big 12 so they aren't necessary.
08-16-2021 04:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.