Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Open Thread - 2021 Football
Bookmark and Share
cubucks Offline
All American

I Root For: tOSU/UNL/Ohio
Exclamation Open Thread - 2021 Football
Open for anything related to college football this season.

My teams: tOSU is absolutely loaded with young talent. Of course the QB position is up for grabs and it appears CJ Stroud is currently in the lead. Their WR room is very crowded and without a doubt, the best in the country. My two favorite newcomers are Jack Sawyer, an absolute stud out of Pickerington Ohio and TreVEyon Henderson, a RB out of Hopewell Virginia.

UNL, Their bright spot is with experienced QB Adrian Martinez. The TE position is deep with Austin Allen and Travis Vokolek filling that position. There is currently a lot of buzz around freshman RB Gabe Ervin out of Georgia, he's a punishing runner but also has finesse.

I'm really on the Wisconsin bus right now. I'm actually leaning towards them winning the BIG this year.

I'm hopeful that the leaders of this storied conference will not have another debacle like last year, one can hope, right?

To lighten things up, have you noticed these jokes flying around?

Hahahahahaha! I thought they were hilarious!
08-12-2021 10:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cubucks Offline
All American

RE: Open Thread - 2021 Football
The Whiteout is pretty damn special.

08-12-2021 11:31 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

This never gets old! It's an old clip, give it a moment, it will take off.

08-12-2021 03:58 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

I seriously have no idea how our friends in the deep south handle this heat year round? Not a knock on them, I just can't handle it.

Hell, if I was Texas,I'd be pissed too about 11:00 am start times. I'd prefer an 8 am kickoff to avoid heat if a night game wasn't realistic that week!
08-13-2021 10:13 AM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
That's true, but I just don't understand the complaining about something that they agreed to. Most schools would kill to be in the "Game of the Week" position. If it sucks being out in the heat, watch from home.
08-14-2021 08:43 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

(08-14-2021 08:43 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  That's true, but I just don't understand the complaining about something that they agreed to. Most schools would kill to be in the "Game of the Week" position. If it sucks being out in the heat, watch from home.

Yeah, that post was just me complaining. I love summer, but can no longer be exposed to high heat without being grumpy. I just can't imagine playing football, mid-day in those southern temps. It is what it is, they are thriving down there!
08-14-2021 12:16 PM
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

(08-14-2021 12:16 PM)cubucks Wrote:  
(08-14-2021 08:43 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  That's true, but I just don't understand the complaining about something that they agreed to. Most schools would kill to be in the "Game of the Week" position. If it sucks being out in the heat, watch from home.

Yeah, that post was just me complaining. I love summer, but can no longer be exposed to high heat without being grumpy. I just can't imagine playing football, mid-day in those southern temps. It is what it is, they are thriving down there!

04-cheers That's fair. The players are typically from the south so they should be used to it at least. If not, the north sounds pretty good!
08-14-2021 09:38 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

With the BIG conference not picking an actual all-conference team prior to the season, they choose to pick "honorees" from each division. This year the recipients are as follows...

EAST
Michael Penix Jr., QB, IND
Thayer Munford, LT, OSU
Chris Olave, WR, OSU
Garrett Wilson, WR, OSU
Jahan Dotson, WR, PSU

WEST
Tyler Linderbaum, C, IOWA
Mohamed Ibrahim, RB, MINN
Brandon Joseph, S, NU
David Bell, WR, PUR
Jack Sanborn, LB, WIS
https://bigten.org/news/2021/7/21/big-te...onors.aspx
08-20-2021 03:56 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

Good news from our friends to the East.
Quote:Penn State athletic director Sandy Barbour told reporters Saturday there wouldn’t be any mask mandates for fans in the stands at Nittany Lions football home games.

“We have to be smart and understand that the virus is with us, and we need to use our good judgment around that,” Barbour said Saturday via Zoom. “But come to Beaver Stadium and enjoy a football Saturday for the first time in a couple of years.”
https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/psu/...2108210061
04-cheers
08-22-2021 01:04 PM
GE and MTS Offline

(08-22-2021 01:04 PM)cubucks Wrote:  Good news from our friends to the East.
Quote:Penn State athletic director Sandy Barbour told reporters Saturday there wouldn’t be any mask mandates for fans in the stands at Nittany Lions football home games.

“We have to be smart and understand that the virus is with us, and we need to use our good judgment around that,” Barbour said Saturday via Zoom. “But come to Beaver Stadium and enjoy a football Saturday for the first time in a couple of years.”
https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/psu/...2108210061
04-cheers

I am quite confident that Penn State (institutionally from the president and also from Sandy and the athletic department) did not want to have that policy, but rather there would have been an extreme loss of support had the decision been the opposite. I think people (meaning the fans/alumni/supporters) are so sick of masks and are against them regardless.
08-22-2021 07:03 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

Let's wait until the last minute!
08-23-2021 08:44 AM
Advertisement

cubucks Offline
All American

Ha! Ask and you shall receive!
08-23-2021 09:53 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

[Image: big-ten-football-2021-schedule.webp]
08-24-2021 06:31 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

Quote:Bold predictions
Dennis Dodd: Michigan will come within three touchdowns of Ohio State. Tiny steps for Harbaugh in Year 7.
Tom Fornelli: Ohio State will go undefeated in conference play, winning those nine games by an average of 21 points.
Chip Patterson: The Big Ten will go 3-0 in their Week 2 top 25 showdowns. Ohio State, Michigan and Iowa all have such games against nonconference opponents in Oregon, Washington and Iowa State. This trio of results will anchor the narrative that the Big Ten has some of the best football in the country in 2021.
Barrett Sallee: Michigan will again look like an average Big Ten team with no real shot at winning the division. As a result, Harbaugh and the Michigan administration will come to an agreement to move in a new direction that doesn't include Harbaugh in the mix. It'll be like an amicable divorce between two people who just fell out of love with each other.
Ben Kercheval: I was not on board with rehiring Greg Schiano, but screw it. My big life motto is to believe in something, and I believe Rutgers makes its first bowl game since 2014. Three of the Scarlet Knights' losses in 2020 were by one score. The nonconference slate this year is not a guarantee ... but it is winnable. Could Schiano coach his way to three more wins in conference? Michigan State and Maryland are at home. Illinois on the road could be doable. It's a stretch, yes, but this section isn't for meek predictions.
David Cobb: Ohio State will beat Oregon by at least four touchdowns on Sept. 11.
Jerry Palm: Indiana may be as talented as they were a year ago, but it will likely take a step back with a schedule that has road trips to Iowa, Michigan and Penn State, plus Cincinnati and Ohio State at home.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...edictions/
08-25-2021 10:05 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

08-26-2021 03:24 PM
GE and MTS Offline

(08-26-2021 03:24 PM)cubucks Wrote:  

Must be nice.
08-27-2021 05:53 AM
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

Nebraska, sheez. Frost better start dusting off that resume.
08-28-2021 10:29 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

(08-28-2021 10:29 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  Nebraska, sheez. Frost better start dusting off that resume.

Everything about his team is ugly! I could write 10 paragraphs of all my thoughts, but I'll just leave it be!
08-28-2021 11:28 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

Quote:Aug. 31, 2021

MADISON, Wis. — Freshman running back Loyal Crawford has been dismissed from the Wisconsin football team, head coach Paul Chryst announced Tuesday.

Additionally, Chryst announced that freshman running back Antwan Roberts has been suspended.

Wisconsin Athletics and the football program will have no further comment on the matters.
https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2021/8/...aul-chryst
08-31-2021 06:11 PM
Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
(08-26-2021 03:24 PM)cubucks Wrote:  

My brother-in-law worked at that dealership prior to joining the US Coast Guard.
09-01-2021 05:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.