Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

What Emoni Bates' and Jalen Duren's decisions will mean for men's college basketball
Bookmark and Share
tigertaylor Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tigers
What Emoni Bates' and Jalen Duren's decisions will mean for men's college basketball
from espn: What Emoni Bates' and Jalen Duren's decisions will mean for men's college basketball in 2021-22 Jeff Borzello

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket...ll-2021-22

What is the likelihood that Bates and Duren will play together in 2021-22? Do they truly want to play together?
There has been some buzz over the past few weeks that the two have had conversations about playing together in college. Bates cutting Miami from his list leaves only two potential options for the two to play together at the next level: Memphis and the G League. With college looking to be the likely route for Duren, that would leave only Memphis. The Tigers are squarely in the mix for both players.

What would be the impact for Memphis if it gets one or both players? Do the Tigers then become a national title contender?
Landing both likely would vault Memphis into the top 10, while landing one would push the Tigers into the top 20. Bates will be in the mix for the No. 1 overall pick in whichever NBA draft he ultimately enters (as the rules stand, he's too young to enter the 2022 NBA draft), while Duren is also going to be a projected top-10 pick in 2022. As it is, the Tigers are a borderline Top 25 team entering next season, returning three starters from a team that won the NIT championship. Coach Penny Hardaway also added former projected first-round pick Earl Timberlake from Miami, as well as two ESPN 100 prospects and two other Power 5 transfers. It's a key season for Hardaway in Memphis, as he's entering Year 4 and has yet to reach the NCAA tournament. Bates and/or Duren would help push the Tigers over the top and into the Big Dance.

What would it say about college basketball if both Bates and Duren forgo college basketball and choose the G League path?
It would be a loss for college basketball, as both players -- particularly Bates -- would bring millions of eyeballs to the college game for as long as they play in college. If they team up together at Memphis, it would make the Tigers must-watch basketball next season. If they split up and go to different schools, it would make a couple more schools all the more intriguing for the season. I also think choosing the G League path would be a bit of a blow for the perception of name, imagine and likeness, which is expected to level the playing field when it comes to top prospects choosing between college and the professional route.
08-05-2021 09:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
RE: What Emoni Bates' and Jalen Duren's decisions will mean for men's college basketball
Ike broke this down on another post
Briefly, it will effect alignment in the 12, ACC and BIG for TIGERNATION
08-06-2021 07:20 PM
Rodney Carney Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: What Emoni Bates' and Jalen Duren's decisions will mean for men's college basketball
(08-06-2021 07:20 PM)memphisike Wrote:  Ike broke this down on another post
Briefly, it will effect alignment in the 12, ACC and BIG for TIGERNATION

Ike, what is the rumor and innuendo on the street about Bates to Memphis?
08-06-2021 07:28 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

Rodney Carney
Ike will hopefully be able to make a call tonite, he is currently waiting on info from a Dude in Detroit.
As u know Ike never deals in rumors or innuendo, Ike needs reliable information before he calls LOCK
08-07-2021 11:52 AM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
(08-07-2021 11:52 AM)memphisike Wrote:  Rodney Carney
Ike will hopefully be able to make a call tonite, he is currently waiting on info from a Dude in Detroit.
As u know Ike never deals in rumors or innuendo, Ike needs reliable information before he calls LOCK

We appreciate your due diligence and valuable inside information, so unlike the rampant speculation of most here.
08-07-2021 10:12 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

Tigerpawr,
Thanks for the kind words, it's obvious u know how much work Ike puts in to keep TIGERNATION well informed.
Ike just arrived home after another busy nite on the street.
IKE's plan was for a brief visit to the street but, the Dudes insisted Ike stay longer and party, ike had a rough day after yesterday's LOCK announcement and intended to make it a early evening.
The Dudes insisted Ike stay longer and he stayed to long, passing cognac around can make for a rough tomorrow for ike.
The reason for the partying was IKE's news from Detroit
Mr Bates. TIGERNATION LOCK
08-08-2021 12:01 AM
Advertisement

tigerengineer Offline
All American

I Root For: The Tigers!
Is there information out there on when Bates is supposed to announce his decision?
08-08-2021 03:42 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

Tigeringeener,
IKE's information allows Ike to call
Mr. Bates a LOCK, TIGERNATION
08-08-2021 05:11 PM
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

(08-08-2021 03:42 PM)tigerengineer Wrote:  Is there information out there on when Bates is supposed to announce his decision?

I’m hearing Wednesday. But that depends on when ESPN wants him to announce.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2021 10:46 AM by uskjtc02.)
08-08-2021 05:40 PM
UMTiger02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers & Uggla
It’s been a lock for a couple weeks. Bates a Tiger.
08-08-2021 06:13 PM
dwash Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(08-08-2021 05:40 PM)uskjtc02 Wrote:  
(08-08-2021 03:42 PM)tigerengineer Wrote:  Is there information out there on when Bates is supposed to announce his decision?

I’m hearing Wednesday. But that depends on hen ESPN wants him to announce.

Man so it's really a done deal? This is amazing.
08-08-2021 06:29 PM
Advertisement

misplaced tiger Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Trendon Watford was a done deal too, until it wasn't. I'm hopeful, but I'll wait to get excited until I hear it from him.
08-08-2021 06:32 PM
tigertaylor Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tigers
(08-08-2021 06:32 PM)misplaced tiger Wrote:  Trendon Watford was a done deal too, until it wasn't. I'm hopeful, but I'll wait to get excited until I hear it from him.

he screwed his own pooch by not committing earlier. his fault not ours
08-08-2021 06:41 PM
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

(08-08-2021 06:29 PM)dwash Wrote:  
(08-08-2021 05:40 PM)uskjtc02 Wrote:  

I’m hearing Wednesday. But that depends on hen ESPN wants him to announce.

Man so it's really a done deal? This is amazing.

I’m not saying done deal. Although I do think it’s pretty much in the bag. Until it’s done. It’s not done.
08-08-2021 07:24 PM
dwash Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(08-08-2021 06:32 PM)misplaced tiger Wrote:  Trendon Watford was a done deal too, until it wasn't. I'm hopeful, but I'll wait to get excited until I hear it from him.

I think Trendon was highly likely until Precious came available. It's no competition in the Bates race plus we are days away not months like Trendon. So a change in this becomes a lot less likely.

What is more likely this close to the end is that a decision has been made, contract details are being finalized along with a decision announcement timing for show and tell.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2021 07:35 PM by dwash.)
08-08-2021 07:33 PM
passat25 Offline
Heisman

We got a better deal.. We got Precious instead!
08-09-2021 01:12 AM
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(08-09-2021 01:12 AM)passat25 Wrote:  

Precious without Wiseman, Precious was definitely a better fit. Precious could do it on his own...Watford could not.

I still think Watford and Wiseman seemed like a better a pairing.
08-09-2021 09:52 AM
jammaster Offline
Hooptie Ride

I Root For: Tigers/Cowboys
Searched for other threads from Ike but haven't found his post about what Duren + Bates might mean for conference realignment. Ike, can you elaborate here? Also, would realignment really be impacted because we happen to get the two best players (provided you are right about EB announcing soon)?
08-09-2021 11:15 AM
dwash Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(08-09-2021 09:52 AM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(08-09-2021 01:12 AM)passat25 Wrote:  

Precious without Wiseman, Precious was definitely a better fit. Precious could do it on his own...Watford could not.

I still think Watford and Wiseman seemed like a better a pairing.

I agree, Precious may have struggled if he had to share the paint with Wiseman.
08-09-2021 01:33 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(08-09-2021 11:15 AM)jammaster Wrote:  Searched for other threads from Ike but haven't found his post about what Duren + Bates might mean for conference realignment. Ike, can you elaborate here? Also, would realignment really be impacted because we happen to get the two best players (provided you are right about EB announcing soon)?

For an honest snapshot of Ike as a source of info, don't start looking at his posts until everyone on the planet knows where a player is going. The exception would be with Washington and Redskins and Gibson; with Gibson being the only correct addition to the WFT out of the 100 or so he has predicted would end up there.
08-09-2021 02:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.