Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PAC 16 on CBS
SMUfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
PAC 16 on CBS
CBS and the PAC 12 Network both have a problem. CBS is losing the SEC and the PAC 12 Network isn't very successful.

The PAC 12 could add 4 schools from the Central Time Zone. Three from the Big 12 and Houston. Which 3 Big 12 schools isn't the point of this thread.

CBS could use the CBS Sports Network if they feel necessary for 1 or 2 games per week.

Each game would only have minor competion within the league to promote the PAC 16 in this partnership. Game times are Pacific Time Zone. Keep in mind the early games would be in the Central time zone or the Mountain (Utah & Colorado). The PAC 12 has complained about receiving minimal exposure because they have no early games and so many late games. This fixes that.

Friday:
6:00 PDT on CBS or CBSSN
7:00 PDT on PAC 16 Network

Saturday, CBS/CBSSN would have the following time slots:
10:00 AM PDT (Noon Central) No west coast schools.
2:00 PDT
6:00 PDT

PAC 16 Network would have the following Saturday time slots:
1:00 PDT (3:00 Central)
4:30 PDT
7:15 PDT

This could lead into CBS purchasing part of the PAC 12 Network.
07-30-2021 05:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: PAC 16 on CBS
Well—it’s not a bad idea—-but I don’t think the Pac12 wants any B12 leftovers or Houston and I’m not sure CBS cares much about college football anymore. All CBS seems interested in when it come to college football is shopping from the discount bargain bin for cheap inventory for the CBS-Sports Network.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2021 05:18 PM by Attackcoog.)
07-30-2021 05:17 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
(07-30-2021 05:17 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Well—it’s not a bad idea—-but I don’t think the Pac12 wants any B12 leftovers or Houston and I’m not sure CBS cares much about college football anymore. All CBS seems interested in when it come to college football is shopping from the discount bargain bin for cheap inventory for the CBS-Sports Network.

03-lmfao

It's funny cause it's true
07-30-2021 05:20 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(07-30-2021 05:17 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Well—it’s not a bad idea—-but I don’t think the Pac12 wants any B12 leftovers or Houston and I’m not sure CBS cares much about college football anymore. All CBS seems interested in when it come to college football is shopping from the discount bargain bin for cheap inventory for the CBS-Sports Network.

Don't you think the PAC would at least want Kansas if they are still on the table?

They may feel like they have to expand just to keep the per school revenue they have.

PAC was willing to take OSU, Tech and Baylor as part of the PAC-16 deal and now all three are richer than before.
07-30-2021 05:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

clpp01 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Arizona
(07-30-2021 05:24 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  

Don't you think the PAC would at least want Kansas if they are still on the table?

They may feel like they have to expand just to keep the per school revenue they have.

PAC was willing to take OSU, Tech and Baylor as part of the PAC-16 deal and now all three are richer than before.
The Pac was never willing to take Baylor. They were willing to take OSU & Tech but that was because they were getting OU & Texas, once Texas was off the table the invites for all the other B12 schools ex Colorado were taken back as well.
07-30-2021 05:42 PM
schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
I think it depends on the price. If the Pac 12 wants SEC level money, well CBS wouldn't even pay the SEC for SEC level money. If the Pac 12 will settle for MWC level money, CBS will probably accept it. CBS did sign a deal with the MWC and their deal requires three games a year to air on OTA CBS. The most watched Pac 12 regular season game in 2019 was Oregon at Arizona State with 4.09 million viewers, the conference championship had 5.86 million. The Big 10 had 13 regular season games in 2019 which had more than 4 million viewers, the SEC had 16 games.

If CBS wanted to put the Pac 12 in a "Game of the Week" setting, where could they put it? Same 3:30pm slot the SEC is in now on CBS and will be in on ABC? They'll get killed by the SEC. Prime time? I'm not sure what the ABC's plans for prime time are but most like ABC will win big vs. the Pac 12 most weeks. Noon? A 9am PT game on a weekly basis? Late night? What's the point then? At least if CBS wins the Big Ten's 1st tier rights they could just take over the "Big Nooner" time slot from FOX (what's FOX going to counter with without the Big 10 and with Texas and Oklahoma in the SEC?)
07-30-2021 05:42 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(07-30-2021 05:42 PM)clpp01 Wrote:  

The Pac was never willing to take Baylor. They were willing to take OSU & Tech but that was because they were getting OU & Texas, once Texas was off the table the invites for all the other B12 schools ex Colorado were taken back as well.

That's right Colorado was part of the original deal.

http://www.laobserved.com/intell/2010/06/the_pac-16.php

Baylor has raised its athletics profile substantially however.
07-30-2021 05:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SouthEastAlaska Offline
1st String

I Root For: UW
(07-30-2021 05:47 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  

Unfortunately, I do not think that Baylor will ever be a member of the PAC. The PAC will and always would consider Kansas, Okie St., and Texas tech. The problem is finding the 4th member of the BIGXII they would be willing to take.
07-30-2021 05:52 PM
clpp01 Offline
2nd String

(07-30-2021 05:42 PM)schmolik Wrote:  I think it depends on the price. If the Pac 12 wants SEC level money, well CBS wouldn't even pay the SEC for SEC level money. If the Pac 12 will settle for MWC level money, CBS will probably accept it. CBS did sign a deal with the MWC and their deal requires three games a year to air on OTA CBS. The most watched Pac 12 regular season game in 2019 was Oregon at Arizona State with 4.09 million viewers, the conference championship had 5.86 million. The Big 10 had 13 regular season games in 2019 which had more than 4 million viewers, the SEC had 16 games.

If CBS wanted to put the Pac 12 in a "Game of the Week" setting, where could they put it? Same 3:30pm slot the SEC is in now on CBS and will be in on ABC? They'll get killed by the SEC. Prime time? I'm not sure what the ABC's plans for prime time are but most like ABC will win big vs. the Pac 12 most weeks. Noon? A 9am PT game on a weekly basis? Late night? What's the point then? At least if CBS wins the Big Ten's 1st tier rights they could just take over the "Big Nooner" time slot from FOX (what's FOX going to counter with without the Big 10 and with Texas and Oklahoma in the SEC?)
If CBS got blown out of the SEC tier 1 race then I can't imagine they would have any real shot at getting the B1G 1st tiers rights either.
07-30-2021 05:53 PM
clpp01 Offline
2nd String

(07-30-2021 05:47 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  

It isn't Baylor's athletic profile that would keep them out the Pac12.
07-30-2021 05:56 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis

Kansas doesnt bring enough eyeballs nor good football. And they need a good football school. The commissioner is already freaking out that the new proposed playoff has autobids for the top 6 conferences, and not the P5 plus the best of G5.

Honestly, Tulane would be better for the Pac. Just as easy to get to travel wise, huge market, and honestly better football and AAU to boot. Its still not the level of football they need, which is the problem the PAC has. Houston would at least give them access to a big market plus good football. But the PAC doesnt have any good solutions right now, which means they are in a precarious spot.
07-30-2021 05:59 PM
Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
Notice the distinct lack of interest or even response from anyone west of the 32nd parallel. 04-coffee
07-30-2021 06:32 PM
SMUfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
(07-30-2021 06:32 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  Notice the distinct lack of interest or even response from anyone west of the 32nd parallel. 04-coffee

What I noticed is the continued debate of which Big 12 schools would be selected even though I said that this thread wasn't about that.

So much for my attempt to give an idea of a way to progress the PAC.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2021 07:03 PM by SMUfan.)
07-30-2021 07:01 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
(07-30-2021 05:09 PM)SMUfan Wrote:  CBS and the PAC 12 Network both have a problem. CBS is losing the SEC and the PAC 12 Network isn't very successful.

The PAC 12 could add 4 schools from the Central Time Zone. Three from the Big 12 and Houston. Which 3 Big 12 schools isn't the point of this thread.

CBS could use the CBS Sports Network if they feel necessary for 1 or 2 games per week.

Each game would only have minor competion within the league to promote the PAC 16 in this partnership. Game times are Pacific Time Zone. Keep in mind the early games would be in the Central time zone or the Mountain (Utah & Colorado). The PAC 12 has complained about receiving minimal exposure because they have no early games and so many late games. This fixes that.

Friday:
6:00 PDT on CBS or CBSSN
7:00 PDT on PAC 16 Network

Saturday, CBS/CBSSN would have the following time slots:
10:00 AM PDT (Noon Central) No west coast schools.
2:00 PDT
6:00 PDT

PAC 16 Network would have the following Saturday time slots:
1:00 PDT (3:00 Central)
4:30 PDT
7:15 PDT

This could lead into CBS purchasing part of the PAC 12 Network.

You are likely going to get a cease and desist letter from Bowlsby. 05-stirthepot
07-30-2021 08:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.