UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tulane 2021 Schedule Breakdown, Predictions & Analysis: Non-Conference Games
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Exclamation Tulane 2021 Schedule Breakdown, Predictions & Analysis: Non-Conference Games
Tulane Green Wave 2021 Schedule Breakdown, Predictions and Analysis Part 1: Non-Conference Games
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2021/7/3...c-analysis

September 25 - UAB

University of Alabama Birmingham vs Tulane University

This could shape up to be the most interesting matchup of the season, not just the non-conference slate. It’s always exciting when Tulane meets UAB. Three years ago the Blazers won when the Wave played the ugliest game of their entire season. A myriad of uncharacteristic mistakes doomed them in Alabama. That year UAB went on to finish with a program-rejuvenating 11-3 record that included a C-USA championship and a Boca Raton Bowl victory.

This year’s Blazer team could present an equally tough test despite the game being at home because much of that 2018 squad is still around. Quarterback Tyler Johnston III is back for his senior season as is receiver Trae Shropshire. Last fall Johnston split the signal-calling duties and threw for over 800 yards and seven touchdowns. Shropshire finished third on the team with 310 receiving yards and two scores. These two look to be leaders of this offense now and could be finding their rhythm by this game rolls around.

The good news for Tulane is that running back Spencer Brown is no longer in the equation. Brown finished his career at UAB with over 4,000 rushing yards and ran for over 100 the last time the Wave faced him but has since departed for the NFL. Sophomore DeWayne McBride will likely be the one to take Brown’s place. In 2020, he ran for 429 yards and found the end zone four times. With the bulk of the workload on the ground expected to go his way, there’ll have to be special attention paid to McBride.

Mistakes will be costly against UAB and safety Will Boler is a big reason why. He has 97 total tackles on his career as well as nine defended passes and one interception. If Pratt doesn’t know where he is at all times, this year’s edition of Tulane v UAB could go down just like the 2018 one.

The Prediction: This is going to be a good old fashioned, back-and-forth duel to the end. Pratt and Johnston will trade shots and it may very well come down to the final possession. The ground games won’t necessarily be rendered null but the fireworks will definitely come primarily through air. Tulane will make a huge defensive play at the end to seal a hard-fought and much needed victory before conference play begins.

Final: Tulane 35 - UAB 31
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2021 01:41 PM by WesternBlazer.)
07-30-2021 01:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
When the homer rag picks you in a close one, you're probably going to lose.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
07-30-2021 01:46 PM
DragonLair Offline
1st String

I Root For: Uab
RE: Tulane 2021 Schedule Breakdown, Predictions & Analysis: Non-Conference Games
(07-30-2021 01:46 PM)Smaug Wrote:  When the homer rag picks you in a close one, you're probably going to lose.

i also think the score is way to high. if it gets that high we lose in my opinion. i dont think we wil have the offensive firepower to keep up in high scoring games.
07-30-2021 01:51 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Tulane 2021 Schedule Breakdown, Predictions & Analysis: Non-Conference Games
Wish UAB had a homer rag.....oh wait it's BlazerTalk......as it should be.
07-30-2021 01:53 PM
Advertisement

DuelingDragon Offline
All American

Tulane has a good QB and has made three straight bowls, so they are expected to be solid this year. And it's a road game. It will be tough, and probably hot and muggy as Hades.

But I was looking at Tulane's defense, where the depth chart currently has several redshirt freshmen on the DL. Yes, there is a really good NT, and a nice transfer pickup from Memphis, and the talent is probably pretty good. But I wouldn't be very confident in redshirt freshmen holding up against Wells, Ragland, Telfort, Trehorn and Co.
07-30-2021 01:54 PM
UABFRENCHY Online
Heisman

Donators
they won score 35 points,,,not even close
08-01-2021 04:18 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
"A myriad of mistakes doomed them"?

We threw two picks in their end zone. They're lucky it wasn't worse.

08-01-2021 04:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.