Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

When will the next move be made?
shizzle787 Online
1st String

I Root For: UConn
When will the next move be made?
Assuming OU and TU accept tomorrow and the SEC stops at 16, when does the Big 12 announce who it is inviting?
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2021 05:42 PM by shizzle787.)
07-29-2021 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mac6115cd Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
RE: When will the next move be made?
IF the remaining 8 want to stay together, it wouldn't surprise me if they invited FSU, Clemson, Miami and NC. However, it would be embarassing of they were rejected, which they probably would.

They may invite a combination of ACC, PAC12 and AAC schools, but no matter what they do, they have to move soon or they'll be deemed nonexistent.
07-29-2021 06:42 PM
cleburneslim Offline
1st String

I Root For: jax state
They need to move quickly before they begin getting picked off. Once the dominoes get falling they might be down to 4 or less.
07-29-2021 08:19 PM
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
(07-29-2021 06:42 PM)mac6115cd Wrote:  IF the remaining 8 want to stay together, it wouldn't surprise me if they invited FSU, Clemson, Miami and NC. However, it would be embarassing of they were rejected, which they probably would.

They may invite a combination of ACC, PAC12 and AAC schools, but no matter what they do, they have to move soon or they'll be deemed nonexistent.

1. It doesn't work that way. Schools have to approach the conference first. (Although I'm sure there are ways around that.)

2. The ACC grant of rights (until 2036) means no ACC team is changing conferences anytime soon.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2021 08:38 PM by Georgia_Power_Company.)
07-29-2021 08:37 PM
PicksUp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP, Texas
(07-29-2021 08:19 PM)cleburneslim Wrote:  They need to move quickly before they begin getting picked off. Once the dominoes get falling they might be down to 4 or less.

No one is picking them off. Power conferences dont need any more mouths to feed.

Unless you think the AAC can poach a few programs, which is highly unlikely.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2021 08:44 PM by PicksUp.)
07-29-2021 08:42 PM
Advertisement

goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
My guess is the Big 12 already has a pretty good idea of who they want to invite. They already had their dress rehearsal of expansion candidates that applied a couple of years ago.

What the Big 12 does not know yet is when Tex and Ok are leaving. So if the ultimate plan is to invite 4 schools do they invite those 4 schools now and temporarily go to 14 schools total? Or do you invite 2 schools now and 2 more schools later? Or do you wait and invite all 4 schools later?

My guess is the Big 12 will invite 4 schools quickly, maybe by October. And all 4 will move to the Big 12 by July 2022, regardless of when Tex and Ok are leaving.
07-29-2021 08:44 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
If the answer is when, I expect some stuff to come out before the seasons starts... the wheels are now in motion....

The who and where will be interesting....
07-29-2021 08:45 PM
Advertisement

RUScarlets Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
As much as no one wants to hear it, I think they sit pretty at 8. Ensure they collect max revenue until 2025. Announce new additions to play by July 2025.

They shouldn’t make an invite to the AAC or any other ESPN property until the penalty money and remaining terms of the GoR are paid in full. It may be a while.

If other teams within the AAC reach out to the Big 12, then the Big 12 can listen, but E$PN will charge schools exiting the AAC a hefty premium.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2021 08:48 PM by RUScarlets.)
07-29-2021 08:46 PM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
My guess is all those audition tapes the Big12 watched of AAC schools a few years ago that they thought brought no value and were not worth an invite suddenly look pretty good
07-29-2021 09:03 PM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(07-29-2021 08:46 PM)RUScarlets Wrote:  As much as no one wants to hear it, I think they sit pretty at 8. Ensure they collect max revenue until 2025. Announce new additions to play by July 2025.

They shouldn’t make an invite to the AAC or any other ESPN property until the penalty money and remaining terms of the GoR are paid in full. It may be a while.

If other teams within the AAC reach out to the Big 12, then the Big 12 can listen, but E$PN will charge schools exiting the AAC a hefty premium.

If they stick together they will certainly be the highest paid G6 Conference and have the inside slot at the NY6 Access Bowl or new playoff spot for G6 in the coming years
07-29-2021 09:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.