Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

From Sun Belt board: SEC network saying Big 12 has 4 teams in mind
Alanda Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
From Sun Belt board: SEC network saying Big 12 has 4 teams in mind
https://csnbbs.com/thread-925903.html

Quote:SEC network had an ESPN source tell them Cincinnati, BYU, Houston and Memphis will be discussed this week and invites could go out next week. If BYU turns them Down then UCF is the next call.
07-27-2021 02:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: From Sun Belt board: SEC network saying Big 12 has 4 teams in mind
If they were smart they would take all of the above +1 more.
07-27-2021 02:09 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Don't know why they'd rather expand into Utah than Florida.

Puzzling.
07-27-2021 02:11 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(07-27-2021 02:11 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Don't know why they'd rather expand into Utah than Florida.

Puzzling.

Cuz...BYU?!?!?
07-27-2021 02:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
(07-27-2021 02:11 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Don't know why they'd rather expand into Utah than Florida.

Puzzling.

It's not about Utah the market, but rather BYU the school/brand.

UCF vs. Memphis is more of the debate if Cincinnati, Houston and BYU are locked in as Big 12 choices.
07-27-2021 02:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
If they take those the AAC should add to become

Add UAB in the East

East: Temple, ECU, UCF, USF, Tulane, UAB

West: SMU, Tulsa, Navy/ Wichita State, Colorado State, Boise, SDSU
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2021 02:19 PM by Cubanbull1.)
07-27-2021 02:17 PM
Advertisement

BCSvsBS Offline
Special Teams

From the "SUNBELT BOARD".

[Image: giphy.gif]
07-27-2021 02:25 PM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
(07-27-2021 02:06 PM)Alanda Wrote:  https://csnbbs.com/thread-925903.html

Quote:SEC network had an ESPN source tell them Cincinnati, BYU, Houston and Memphis will be discussed this week and invites could go out next week. If BYU turns them Down then UCF is the next call.

Ill believe it when I see it. It wouldnt fall in line with what we learned during the last pageant show the Big 12 made us put on.

Not saying those teams are not worthy, but I would be shocked if they only take 4 and at least 1 of those teams I think would not be the first ones in.

"IF" if happens, then I think we have to talk to the MWC and see if a "Best of the rest" conference can be made with the hopes of keeping the $7 million contract we have now.
Without them, ESPN will come back to the table to renegotiate and it wont be pretty.
07-27-2021 02:31 PM
Red Dragon Coog Offline
Banned

I Root For: Houston
I love state politics.
07-27-2021 02:37 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(07-27-2021 02:25 PM)BCSvsBS Wrote:  From the "SUNBELT BOARD".

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-sta...2bB7XkPpG8

"With the recent announcement of two of our institutions electing to depart the conference following the 2024-25 season, Kansas State University and the additional seven members of the Big 12 Conference are eager to collaborate and position ourselves for continued success. We have terrific leadership at the conference, university and state board of regents levels, and our fans should know that every effort is being made to put Kansas State and the Big 12 Conference in the best position moving forward."

Behind the scenes, sources tell GoPowercat that Kansas State is working to preserve the Big 12 Conference through expansion, with schools such as Cincinnati, Memphis, Central Florida, and Houston being immediate targets.
07-27-2021 02:46 PM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
(07-27-2021 02:17 PM)Cubanbull1 Wrote:  If they take those the AAC should add to become

Add UAB in the East

East: Temple, ECU, UCF, USF, Tulane, UAB

West: SMU, Tulsa, Navy/ Wichita State, Colorado State, Boise, SDSU

IF they take those four, then we are at 8. We only HAVE to take maybe 2.
Air Force and Army should be our first two calls.

After that, I agree that we talk to the MWC. Boise and maybe CSU

I love SDSU but damn thats serious travel.
07-27-2021 02:54 PM
Advertisement

Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
(07-27-2021 02:46 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  

"With the recent announcement of two of our institutions electing to depart the conference following the 2024-25 season, Kansas State University and the additional seven members of the Big 12 Conference are eager to collaborate and position ourselves for continued success. We have terrific leadership at the conference, university and state board of regents levels, and our fans should know that every effort is being made to put Kansas State and the Big 12 Conference in the best position moving forward."

Behind the scenes, sources tell GoPowercat that Kansas State is working to preserve the Big 12 Conference through expansion, with schools such as Cincinnati, Memphis, Central Florida, and Houston being immediate targets.

You mean one of the two schools with zero options (Baylor is the other) for a power landing spot once to preserve the only home they have? Shocking, only in that they have clearly already been told no by the other four power conferences, that was stupid fast.

Watch the state legislature and governor in Kansas, lots of wildcat alums will shortly try and anchor KU with K State. Once Kansas is gone this is all over except for the crying.
07-27-2021 02:56 PM
MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
I know my opinion may not be welcome at the moment but I still think this can be a top 6 league with Marshall, App State, UAB and a fourth if needed. And get the auto-bid in the new CFP most years.

I could also see Aresco being aggressive enough to bolster hoops by going after St. Louis and Dayton (or more).
07-27-2021 03:03 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(07-27-2021 02:31 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  
(07-27-2021 02:06 PM)Alanda Wrote:  https://csnbbs.com/thread-925903.html

Ill believe it when I see it. It wouldnt fall in line with what we learned during the last pageant show the Big 12 made us put on.

Not saying those teams are not worthy, but I would be shocked if they only take 4 and at least 1 of those teams I think would not be the first ones in.

"IF" if happens, then I think we have to talk to the MWC and see if a "Best of the rest" conference can be made with the hopes of keeping the $7 million contract we have now.
Without them, ESPN will come back to the table to renegotiate and it wont be pretty.

The landscape has changed dramatically in the G5. The best of the rest does not all reside in the MWC. Hell, some of the AAC programs that are left are not the best of the rest. They may be the most financially stable, but not best of the rest.

Also, western based programs are all but forgotten. Even USC, UCLA, Washington and Oregon do not get the benefit of the doubt like a central or eastern time zoned program does because they are not visible.

Most successful G5 programs outside of the AAC today are:

SBC
Appalachian State
Louisiana
Arkansas St

CUSA
Marshall
UAB
LaTech

MWC
Boise St
Nevada
Fresno St
SDSU

MAC isn’t going to break up.

So which 4 or 6 programs are you taking out of all of those? You take 2 of each leagues premier teams and that essentially kills off any chance that the SBC, CUSA and MWC ever catches up to the AAC.
07-27-2021 03:04 PM
Stickboy46 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Wichita State
(07-27-2021 03:03 PM)MUsince96 Wrote:  I know my opinion may not be welcome at the moment but I still think this can be a top 6 league with Marshall, App State, UAB and a fourth if needed. And get the auto-bid in the new CFP most years.

I could also see Aresco being aggressive enough to bolster hoops by going after St. Louis and Dayton (or more).

If that's the backfills for losing Cincy, Houston, Memphis and UCF .. I sure hope WSU's AD and president find a way into the Big East or A10 .. because that's a rough basketball league (though adding St Louis and Dayton would help).
07-27-2021 03:05 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-27-2021 03:03 PM)MUsince96 Wrote:  I know my opinion may not be welcome at the moment but I still think this can be a top 6 league with Marshall, App State, UAB and a fourth if needed. And get the auto-bid in the new CFP most years.

If the AAC loses 4 schools, then Marshall, UAB, and App are at the top of the list. I don't think there is any question about that.
07-27-2021 03:07 PM
Advertisement

BraveKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF

That’s actually a credible source, which is a good sign for us.
07-27-2021 03:09 PM
Memphis Yankee Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis

Puzzling.

I don't know. UCF would be on an Island though.
07-27-2021 03:12 PM
BCSvsBS Offline
Special Teams

(07-27-2021 03:09 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  

That’s actually a credible source, which is a good sign for us.

Heartlandsports.com

"REASON THREE: STRONGER TOGETHER, A SUPER BIG 12
While the Big 12 without Texas and Oklahoma will be markedly weaker, the Other Eight do have considerable value, especially together. A conference with Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, TCU, Texas Tech, and West Virginia is far stronger than the Mountain West or American and would be very attractive to teams in both of those conferences as well as BYU.

Moreover, by staying together, the bulk of the conference maintains geographic contiguity and old rivalries. A bit of a bridge to West Virginia could be built by adding Memphis and Cincinnati. Throw in UCF, USF, Tulane, San Diego State, Fresno State, and BYU, and you’ve got the makings of a national super conference good enough not to be completely ignored. Moreover, with two teams in California, two teams in Florida, and two teams in Texas the new Super Big 12 would have a unique recruiting and market share advantage."

I can find tons of credible people throwing shyt at the fan and hoping for clicks. 03-phew
07-27-2021 03:18 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

Despite the fact they offer significant value, I have my doubts that after dealing with Texas for the last 25 years, the remaining big 12 schools would want to get in bed with another school with a track record of not playing well with others. That said, BYU offers more value than probably anyone else on the board.
07-27-2021 03:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.