CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
MyBB Proposal: ACC/SEC Men's Basketball Challenge
Current Men's Basketball Conference "Challenges"

ACC/Big Ten
Big East/Big Ten (Gavitt)
Big East/Big 12
Big 12/SEC

The Big East, Big Ten, and Big 12 are involved in challenges with two different power conferences. The ACC and SEC are only involved with one each (ACC with Big Ten, SEC with Big 12). So to complete the loop, it would be natural for them to match up so all five of these conferences would challenge against two different conferences. The ACC would have the most number of games since they will compete with two different conferences of 14 members while the Big Ten has one challenge with the Big East (11 members) and the SEC with the Big 12 (10). I'll ignore the OU/UT to the SEC news for now.

My proposed matchups if an ACC/SEC Challenge existed in 2022 using the following rules:

1) The same school that sits out the ACC/Big Ten Challenge cannot be left out of the ACC/SEC Challenge (For 2021/22, that is Boston College).

2) Schools that are at home for the ACC/Big Ten or SEC/Big 12 Challenges cannot play at home in the ACC/SEC Challenge and schools that are on the road for either challenge can't play on the road for the ACC/SEC Challenge.

3) I will leave out any in state rivalries since they probably have regularly scheduled non conference games.

Hosted by ACC Schools:
North Carolina at Kentucky
Virginia at Tennessee
Syracuse at LSU
Georgia Tech at South Carolina
NC State at Texas A&M
Boston College at Missouri
Wake Forest at Mississippi State

Hosted by SEC Schools:
Alabama at Duke
Arkansas at Florida State
Florida at Louisville
Auburn at Virginia Tech
Vanderbilt at Notre Dame
Georgia at Miami
Mississippi at Clemson

I couldn't get Kentucky and Duke together since both are playing road games in their Challenges so I settled on the next best thing, UNC-UK. Duke and Kentucky are scheduled to play in the 2021 Champions Classic anyway.

Duke is playing Ohio State in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. It's a good thing this isn't football. Could you imagine playing Ohio State and Alabama in the same year?
07-21-2021 05:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.